Glossybox March 2014 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box today... and I got everything that I was supposed to receive. (jelly pong pong, shine mist, bar soap) Ended up with the silver swan bracelet. But omg I really don't like the scent of the soap. I didn't smell it right away when I opened it, but it slowly crept up on me and I had to move it to another room because it was way too overpowering. 

The more I think about it, it reminds me of really overpowering Ivory dish soap, you know the white one that looks pearly in color?

Quote: Originally Posted by hazeleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The more I think about it, it reminds me of really overpowering Ivory dish soap, you know the white one that looks pearly in color?
I don't think I've ever smelled that before! But the soap was definitely giving me a headache, so I had to open the windows in my room. =__=

I feel like all the people who are getting their boxes late® are getting mostly the same variation... (bar soap, jelly pong pong, baker street nail polish, and shine mist). At least, that's what I've seen here... and it's the box I'm getting too, hahaha.
I actually found the soap in Bloomingdales because my sister loved her scent. I however did not. BUT, the soap is a lot more tolerable than the body mist. I cannot believe there haven't been any complaints. I literally threw up after spraying it on my clothes! I do like my bracelet. But will never purchase any fragrances from them!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jaime Kaiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually found the soap in Bloomingdales because my sister loved her scent. I however did not. BUT, the soap is a lot more tolerable than the body mist. I cannot believe there haven't been any complaints. I literally threw up after spraying it on my clothes! I do like my bracelet. But will never purchase any fragrances from them!
LOL I'm with you, Scent 7 is too much for me. XD 

I got the body spray too and sprayed it to show my boyfriend. The look on his face, along with the "YUCK!" made me certain I wanted it out of my house!! 

Got my box yesterday!

A little review on the products for people who have not received theirs yet:

Alex and Ani Silver Swan Bracelet - I was hoping for the firefly, but got this one instead. I like it, even though I probably wont wear it often.

Alex and Ani Scent 7 Bar Soap - Very big size, and rather heavy. If you plain on useing it, it will probably last you for months. The scent is not my type, but I gave it to someone I know (male), and they seem to like it. Although this is intended for a woman's scent, for me is was more masculine.

Nails Inc Brook Street Nail Polish - Love this color! I think it is perfect for spring! I decided to last minute apply this before going to an important event last night, and it has already chipped. I only put one coat on though without prepping or putting a top coat on afterwards since I was out of time, but I think if you did so it would not chip so easily.

Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand - Love this! I have fine wavy hair, and this did wonders to it! After getting out of the shower I comb my hair and put it into a turbie twist like I do everyday, I do this to get out my hair out of the way and dry it a little before blow drying. Once I took my hair out it was damp, but not to wet. I ran this through my hair from roots to end and blow dried it, oh the volume! It made my hair look so much thicker and more healthy! Love this!
wub.gif

Black Rose Cream Mask - I have not tried this yet, but the smell is lovely!

Liplift Peel - I have heavily chapped and cracked lips in the winter no matter what I try, this helped a lot though! It is a gentle lip scrub, but very moisturizing.

Over all I loved this month's box! I saw the Ciate spoiler for next month and can not wait!
laughno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Queennie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box yesterday!

A little review on the products for people who have not received theirs yet:

Alex and Ani Silver Swan Bracelet - I was hoping for the firefly, but got this one instead. I like it, even though I probably wont wear it often.

Alex and Ani Scent 7 Bar Soap - Very big size, and rather heavy. If you plain on useing it, it will probably last you for months. The scent is not my type, but I gave it to someone I know (male), and they seem to like it. Although this is intended for a woman's scent, for me is was more masculine.

Nails Inc Brook Street Nail Polish - Love this color! I think it is perfect for spring! I decided to last minute apply this before going to an important event last night, and it has already chipped. I only put one coat on though without prepping or putting a top coat on afterwards since I was out of time, but I think if you did so it would not chip so easily.

Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand - Love this! I have fine wavy hair, and this did wonders to it! After getting out of the shower I comb my hair and put it into a turbie twist like I do everyday, I do this to get out my hair out of the way and dry it a little before blow drying. Once I took my hair out it was damp, but not to wet. I ran this through my hair from roots to end and blow dried it, oh the volume! It made my hair look so much thicker and more healthy! Love this!
wub.gif

Black Rose Cream Mask - I have not tried this yet, but the smell is lovely!

Liplift Peel - I have heavily chapped and cracked lips in the winter no matter what I try, this helped a lot though! It is a gentle lip scrub, but very moisturizing.

Over all I loved this month's box! I saw the Ciate spoiler for next month and can not wait!
laughno.gif

I really liked the bar soap, and so did my husband. It's a nice unisex fragrance, imo. Reminds me of the balance me body wash, whose fragrance i also loved. I don't think it will last us a month, but we have 2 of us using it hear every day, and the kids probably use it too.

Regarding the nail polish, I haaaaaate getting nail polish, but I just got a hot pink lipstick from Milani and this matches perfectly. Like you said, it's a very nice spring and summer shade. I hate using polish on my hands because I wash my dishes by hand and polish last at most 2 days with me before chiping. I just bought the orly rubber base coat, which is supposed to help a lot. I sued that, two coats of the nails inc, and a sally hansen diamond top coat. The color is lovely, and if it lasts I will probably be buying this again, or trading for it at the very least.

I also tried the alterna bamboo expand, but it gave my hair that hard to comb texture that I don't like. I guess I just prefer silkiness over volume. It did give me a lot of volume, so if you don't mind losing the smoothness, this will work out well.

Did anyone else notice that on the GB site there are literally no new reviews from March products? I went on there today to look at reviews and even the one I wrote last week isn't there. So strange.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got box 2 of 3 today.

So happy I got the hand cream this time. I go the bar of soap in the last one.

I got the silver swan in this one and the gold in the other.

I got the jelly pong crayon in this one and the lip peel in the other. I am fine with that. All my unwanted makeup goes into my daughter play makeup bin.

Polish, Mask, and Bamboo is the same.

I probably should have not got 3 boxes. I have a feeling it will be all dupes. I will probably not open it and just give it to my sister in law.

I hope those of you still waiting get your box/s soon!
I got this same box. Not sure of the bangle color sincee it arrived at my moms house.

Has anyone else noticed that glossybox and birchbox have been having a lot of the same stuff? Glossybox usually gives bigger sample sizes though

Has anyone else noticed that glossybox and birchbox have been having a lot of the same stuff? Glossybox usually gives bigger sample sizes though
Yes, I just figure the companies just really want to promote themselves.

Thought I'd update, Glossybox sent me my missing Liplift Peel, very excited to use it! They also sent me some hair conditioner as a bonus, wasn't expecting that at all! Very nice and I'm very happy with them so far! 

Quote: Originally Posted by qingting /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello everyone, I am a new subscriber to GB. I checked my account it is in pack stage and haven't got any email about the shipment. What is the backdoor tracking you talking about? Is it a secret link or something? Where can I find it? Thx~
Welcome!

Quote: Originally Posted by hazeleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thought I'd update, Glossybox sent me my missing Liplift Peel, very excited to use it! They also sent me some hair conditioner as a bonus, wasn't expecting that at all! Very nice and I'm very happy with them so far! 

That's great!

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ended up trading for all three Alex and Ani variations. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I may have a new obsession... XD

I kind of want another one! I have the silver swan and it looks so cute with other bracelets. Jealous of your dragon fly!

Quote: Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I kind of want another one! I have the silver swan and it looks so cute with other bracelets. Jealous of your dragon fly!
I think you definitely should get another one. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They look great stacked together! 

Funny story about the dragonfly bracelet... I actually commented on a random stranger's IG photo and asked if she wanted to trade after she had said she would have preferred a swan because I really wanted a dragonfly. XD

Back