Glossybox March 2014 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by award04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by award04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So - I just got my February box - and the nail polish shattered all over everything!!  I just sent an email to CS so we will see what they will do.  
confused.gif

On a better note- I love the bracelet in this month's box. 

Got an email from CS saying they are sending me a new box this week. I hope they send me different products than what was in the damaged box. None of them were things I need or wanted. And I already get 2 boxes a month from them. But at least they responded and are trying to make things right. That's great!

I just ordered myself a gift box 
wub.gif

I've been so happy with Glossybox recently! I've come to expect my box at the very end of the month, or the beginning of the following month. This way I don't set myself up to be disappointed or annoyed. It's working!! 

I'm not usually a big lover of jewelry in boxes; my hands and wrists are so big that I usually can't get bangles on at all since thye won't slide around my hand.  But these adjustable ones might actually work, so I'm excited.  I saw a commercial for a bank last night that was actually about Alex and Ani.  Neat that such a little store has gone so big time.  They all look really pretty!  It will be nice to wear for Easter!

I'm wondering if the bracelet will have variations or not. I ordered 2 boxes without thinking the bracelet might be one specific charm.

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if the bracelet will have variations or not. I ordered 2 boxes without thinking the bracelet might be one specific charm.
Me too. I really hope there are variations.

I somehow doubt there will be variations of the bracelet. I think it would be far easier on Alex and Ani to supply Glossy with X amount of the same bracelet vs multiple kinds. It could be the clover was it is the "March" box. I was thinking it may even be a specially made charm for GB, their logo.

Hmmm I just got an email saying they weren't able to charge my CC and I have no idea why that would be..everything is accurate & all my other boxes were able to charge me this month. Might have to call! Do you guys think this will delay shipping? :/

Hmmm I just got an email saying they weren't able to charge my CC and I have no idea why that would be..everything is accurate & all my other boxes were able to charge me this month. Might have to call! Do you guys think this will delay shipping? :/
This happened to me once...I called them and they were nice about putting it through. Box came with no delays. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just ordered myself a gift box 
wub.gif

I've been so happy with Glossybox recently! I've come to expect my box at the very end of the month, or the beginning of the following month. This way I don't set myself up to be disappointed or annoyed. It's working!! 
Same here! I keep thinking I'll cancel the second box and sign up for a new, different sub but I keep getting such great boxes! Definitely glad I had the gift box when they sent the beauty blenders! Also, same here about the expectations for this box - yeah, it's a long time to wait (and lots and lots of checking this thread for spoilers/updates lol) but basically, GB isn't going to ship early in the month so I'm not going to expect it anymore. When I kind of let myself forget about it until I see that email saying my box has shipped, then it seems I don't mind it coming til end of month that much. With that said though, I have other boxes arriving throughout each month that help make the month go by until GB arrives so I can understand people who only subscribe to this one box and feel like they're always waiting around on it. Hopefully with all of the bad weather/extreme shipping delays behind us, this will turn out to be a really great spring/summer season to look forward to some great Glossyboxes!

I am almost as excited about this month's box as I was about January's box!!!! 

I hope we get a good lip product in this month's box! Maybe a lip primer?

I think I'm really going to like the mask, and the scent 7 stuff!

On a side note, the sumitra eyeliner from last month is uh-mazing. I wore it for the first time today. I put it on my inner lower lid at 8am, and it is still there! My eyeliner NEVER stays in that place for longer than 1-2hrs. I'm impressed!

Quote: Originally Posted by scriptedending /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just looked on the Alex and Ani website to see if they described the scent, and for all three items it just says that it "embodies earth, wind, fire and water". So yeah, guess we will have to wait to find out for ourselves.

So it smells like burning mud in a lightning storm? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by gingerneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So it smells like burning mud in a lightning storm? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I kinda like the ozone scent - lol

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by gingerneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kinda like the ozone scent - lol

Actually, so do I -- have a BPAL scent called Lightning which is pure ozoney rainstorm. Lovely! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I tried using the gbfresh code and it didn't apply. So I emailed them and they basically said well tough luck. I love the products but the customer service is awful.
OMG I just had the same horrible CS experience! I placed the subscription order on my cellphone. So for some reason the little promo/coupon box never appeared... :/ So I LITERALLY emailed ONE minute after I placed my order, but they didn't respond until 2 days later. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They basically told me "Sorry Out of Luck" because I didn't place the code at the time of purchase. Makes no sense in my opinion because I tried contacting them as soon as the purchase was made. > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's really not hard to check the time stamp in the sent email and the purchase time IMO. Also, I believe they should be responsible in checking their mobile site is up to date, and working well with major cellphone brands (I have a Samsung Galaxy S4). So the purchase can run smoother and provide a better customer experience. And I know the problem may be from both ends, (my phone included) so I just decided to drop the whole thing and forget about my sample. But if it's happening to other people as well, then I think I'll continue to dispute the issue... :/ Does anyone know if the Customer Service is better through Facebook or a phone call? Or is there a better CS email address to get in contact with someone that would help out? This is all very unusual since I used to be a subscriber many months ago. And never had any previous problems with their CS. They've always been helpful in coming to solutions, and or investigating issues in the past... It's weird that they didn't even inquire about my mobile website experience issues. They just blew me off! Below is a copy of my email conversation with their CS. Sadly, I'm so disappointed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Jessie replied: Hi (Ducky) Thanks for writing in! I would love to help you out, but unfortunately all promotional codes must be redeemed at the time of purchase, as stated under the rules and conditions. Kind Regards, Jessie, From The GLOSSYBOX Team Original message: Subject: Other requests Comment: Hello, I recently placed an order for a monthly subscription, starting with the March box. Since I am on my mobile browser, I was unable to see where to enter my Promo code "GBFRESH" for a Fresh Face Cream Sample. And I was wondering if there was any way I can still enter the code with my recently placed order? Or if you can please process my order with the coupon code since I was unable to see when requested for the code? Thank you kindly.

OMG I just had the same horrible CS experience! I placed the subscription order on my cellphone. So for some reason the little promo/coupon box never appeared... :/ So I LITERALLY emailed ONE minute after I placed my order, but they didn't respond until 2 days later. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They basically told me "Sorry Out of Luck" because I didn't place the code at the time of purchase. Makes no sense in my opinion because I tried contacting them as soon as the purchase was made. > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's really not hard to check the time stamp in the sent email and the purchase time IMO. Also, I believe they should be responsible in checking their mobile site is up to date, and working well with major cellphone brands (I have a Samsung Galaxy S4). So the purchase can run smoother and provide a better customer experience. And I know the problem may be from both ends, (my phone included) so I just decided to drop the whole thing and forget about my sample. But if it's happening to other people as well, then I think I'll continue to dispute the issue... :/ Does anyone know if the Customer Service is better through Facebook or a phone call? Or is there a better CS email address to get in contact with someone that would help out? This is all very unusual since I used to be a subscriber many months ago. And never had any previous problems with their CS. They've always been helpful in coming to solutions, and or investigating issues in the past... It's weird that they didn't even inquire about my mobile website experience issues. They just blew me off! Below is a copy of my email conversation with their CS. Sadly, I'm so disappointed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Jessie replied: Hi (Ducky) Thanks for writing in! I would love to help you out, but unfortunately all promotional codes must be redeemed at the time of purchase, as stated under the rules and conditions. Kind Regards, Jessie, From The GLOSSYBOX Team Original message: Subject: Other requests Comment: Hello, I recently placed an order for a monthly subscription, starting with the March box. Since I am on my mobile browser, I was unable to see where to enter my Promo code "GBFRESH" for a Fresh Face Cream Sample. And I was wondering if there was any way I can still enter the code with my recently placed order? Or if you can please process my order with the coupon code since I was unable to see when requested for the code? Thank you kindly.
Exact same phone and exact same emailed right away and took two days and exact same response!

I just resubed. Even though they are always late, I do think this is the best beauty box out there. I am super excited by the spoilers, I'm not sure which Alex and Ani product I would like more! If I had to choose, I guess I'd go with the body mist, then cream, then soap, but honestly I'm a happy camper! I was able to resub with the GBFRESH so that was exciting and now I see we get a bangle as well! This almost makes me want to cancel Ipsy and just enjoy this box.

Hi everyone! This is my second glossybox and I'm excited by the spoilers. My box is in the pack stage(!) with an estimated delivery of March 27-April 4, so hopefully I'll get it on time this month!

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa3243 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried using the gbfresh code and it didn't apply. So I emailed them and they basically said well tough luck. I love the products but the customer service is awful.
Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately the German Glossybox CS is even worse.

Latest posts

Back