Glossybox: May 2012 box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG. So glad I decided to bite the bullet and sign up!!! Thanks for the pics! I'm so excited.

Thanks again, akicowi. We have to live vicariously through you for a week! Lol. I agree, too, that's probably the product that I'm most excited about. Anything full sized?

Full sized items in the box:

Marvis toothpaste, zoya nailpolish.     Also, I was wrong about the brush, it's goat hair.

Whoo!  They seem to have nailed the main thing I wanted to see in this box:  Products from around the world!  I wish they listed the sample sizes on the card so I could easily calculate value from that picture instead of waiting until I have mine in my hands, though (I wish *all* subscription box companies put the sample sizes on the cards).  How big is that first item on the card?  I think that's the thing I'm most looking forward to, although it depends on what color I get as far as the last item is concerned (I have a bunch of stuff from that collection already, and I'm guessing that they're sending an assortment out since the specific shade isn't listed, so I'm hoping that I get another color or can find someone interested in swapping for one I hadn't bought but have started to wish I had, although I was actually holding out on buying it until after the summer Birchboxes were all in our hands since that brand shows up in Birchboxes a *lot*).  

ETA:  Okay, approximate values, for those concerned/wondering about that:

1 -- Unknown size, so unknown value, although the per-ml unit price works out to about $2

2 -- I'm guessing this one is 0.028 oz based on other samples of this product, so that's $7

3 -- $7.50

4 -- $9.50

5 -- $8

So before the first item and without the item not listed on the card, that comes to about $32.  Not too shabby.  My hands are grabby now.  Is it here yet?

Thanks for advising what was full sized. I don't know on the first thing, but the second was $8. It's something I've long used & liked. Will have to see. I like the companies they used. I still see the testtube as a much bigger bang for the buck with high end stuff as well, but this is nice. They need to bring it every month, though, to justify the cost IMO.

Thanks for the pics! I am super excited, I will use all of that stuff. I cancelled a few subs today and I was waiting for someone to post so I could see if I'd stick with Glossybox another month. I hope they keep it good!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoo!  They seem to have nailed the main thing I wanted to see in this box:  Products from around the world!  I wish they listed the sample sizes on the card so I could easily calculate value from that picture instead of waiting until I have mine in my hands, though (I wish *all* subscription box companies put the sample sizes on the cards).  How big is that first item on the card?  I think that's the thing I'm most looking forward to, although it depends on what color I get as far as the last item is concerned (I have a bunch of stuff from that collection already, and I'm guessing that they're sending an assortment out since the specific shade isn't listed, so I'm hoping that I get another color or can find someone interested in swapping for one I hadn't bought but have started to wish I had, although I was actually holding out on buying it until after the summer Birchboxes were all in our hands since that brand shows up in Birchboxes a *lot*).  

ETA:  Okay, approximate values, for those concerned/wondering about that:

1 -- Unknown size, so unknown value, although the per-ml unit price works out to about $2

2 -- I'm guessing this one is 0.028 oz based on other samples of this product, so that's $7

3 -- $7.50

4 -- $9.50

5 -- $8

So before the first item and without the item not listed on the card, that comes to about $32.  Not too shabby.  My hands are grabby now.  Is it here yet?
That's the first thing I did too.  lol

for #2

fullsized is $30 for 0.12 oz sample is 0.8 grams $6.76 for #2

OMG!!!! I peeked and I'm sooooo HAPPY!!!!
11.gif

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a box!!!!!! Seriously would use every single item there and I need a new blush brush desperately!!!!!
ura.gif

edited to add I'm even thrilled with the toothpaste because I'm close to running out. Best. Box. Ever.

I just noticed the fine print on the card posted says something about reviewing products for points!

I have to laugh because I recently found out from my dentist that I'm allergic to whitening ingredients in toothpaste.  Nothing crazy like I'd keel over or anything--it just makes my mouth all gross.  Not that I'm whining, but I'm amused that in the first box I got the one thing I can't/won't use in boxes like these.

The box seems to make up for it plenty, though, and I'm sure someone I know will happily use the fancy toothpaste.

Wow! Totally didn't mean to peek, but I didn't have the willpower after everyone said how great it was! Glad I didn't pick up a toothpaste at the store today like planned
icon_biggrin.gif

Goodbye 2nd Birchbox subscription! Looks like I'm keeping Glossybox.

Nice!  Thanks for posting the pics!  I'm a happy camper.  Love the beauty around the world thing.  I love learning about how other countries view beauty and their tips and tricks.  Great first box.  I was kind of hoping for item #2, I don't have one of those yet and I'd love to try it.  I'm in the mood to buy some more of those.  It's fun being a girly girl.  Yay, Glossybox!  Keep it up!

Originally Posted by becarr50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

p.s. I'm sooo glad that there isn't another perfume sample!
Me too!  I love that the products are a good mix of beauty staples without a perfume sample.  I'm swimming in them and rarely wear fragrance.  As an extra, I don't mind them, though.  Based on this box and the promo box, this might be the box that many are looking for in addition to Birchbox because of the variety of samples and the quality.  I think it'll be a good fit for me.  I'm going to have another look at some other Glossyboxes from different countries to see how those ones shake out month to month. The U.K. ones seem especially impressive.  Glad we finally have ours! 

OH W-O-W! SO EXCITED!!! This is really worth the amount we pay for. Please please glossybox keep this up!

Would some of you recommend Sample Society? Im wondering if I should keep just birchbox and glossybox.

I dont want to spend more than $30 for subscriptions but I did sign up to see how June's box is for me or not.

Latest posts

Back