Glossybox: May 2012 box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UGH same deal here. No idea how they even got the address they are sending it to. Its to my parents house which I haven't lived in for almost 10 years. Maybe associated with my credit card or something?!
Same thing happened to me.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have tracking that's actually moved? Mine just shows this:

Date Time Description Location 5/24/2012 10:04 PM Shipped from Client South Kearny, NJ 07032
It also says that the estimated delivery is 6/4-6/5. I hope I don't have to wait that long! :/
I just checked mine again after reading your post, and mine says that it's in Elizabeth, NJ as of 4:42pm today, with an estimated delivery date of June 7th! Holy Cheez-its that's like 2 weeks!!!! I hope I don't have to wait that long either!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have tracking that's actually moved? Mine just shows this:

Date Time Description Location 5/24/2012 10:04 PM Shipped from Client South Kearny, NJ 07032
It also says that the estimated delivery is 6/4-6/5. I hope I don't have to wait that long! :/
You can input that into www.usps.com as well.  I did that on my mother's box and it says picked up by shipping partner.  I haven't received an email confirmation on my box yet.

Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can input that into www.usps.com as well.  I did that on my mother's box and it says picked up by shipping partner.  I haven't received an email confirmation on my box yet.
I put mine into the USPS site, and it still has the same thing listed, with just different phrasing. I would be absolutely delighted if my box just shows up tomorrow! 

If you haven't received a confirmation email for your box yet, was your's one of the subscriptions that were cancelled due to a system error (at least that's what they told me) and had to resubscribe?

Mom's account went through fine and there were no errors and did not have to pay taxes.  Got the shipping confirmation email.

My account went through without taxes, got cancelled, got a voucher that would not work, resubscribed for a different amount with taxes (it's weird because they included the taxes in the price and the total is $0, see below) and I haven't heard from them since.  No email confirmation for subbing nor a shipping confirmation.  I've tried emailing them, no response.  I tried that phone number at the beginning of all of this fuss and it says that line was not connected.

If you haven't received a confirmation email for your box yet, was your's one of the subscriptions that were cancelled due to a system error (at least that's what they told me) and had to resubscribe?

Mom's account went through fine and there were no errors and did not have to pay taxes.  Got the shipping confirmation email.

My account went through without taxes, got cancelled, got a voucher that would not work, resubscribed for a different amount with taxes (it's weird because they included the taxes in the price and the total is $0, see below) and I haven't heard from them since.  No email confirmation for subbing nor a shipping confirmation.  I've tried emailing them, no response.  I tried that phone number at the beginning of all of this fuss and it says that line was not connected.

I would say email them again cause I know they didn't recieve my 1st email cause they were having issued with there emails. then I emailed them 5 days ago and they emailed me back within 48 hours. But yes I had an issue with the order and it got canceled but they stated that I will be receiving May's box. But no email tracking number.

So we'll all be getting our May boxes... in June. I don't mean to be tedious, as I know this has been touched on over and over again ad nauseum, but is this going to be a trend with them? I guess this means we'll be getting our June boxes in July, etc., etc... lol. That's just weird. Will they be wishing us Merry Christmas in January at this rate? 

Btw, my box is set to arrive at around the 5th or 6th.  

No, Mine isn't one that got canceled. I only signed up for the monthly, and my order history page shows a grand total of $21 and says payment success.

From what I see here and on Facebook, it looks like there is a bunch of us that didn't get our shipping info yet. Glossy's initial message on the site after my order went through said shipped by May 26th, which is today. I'm hoping that that means that they are just not done shipping them all out yet, and the rest of us will get our tracking today. Guess I'll just have to be patient a little bit longer and see.

Originally Posted by MKCurio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it doesn't come tomorrow Monday is going to be agonizing.
Why agonizing? Since you know it absolutely won't arrive on Monday, relax and enjoy the holiday and forget about it! 
sunshine.gif

Ohhh man I put my tracking info on the USPS site and it's out for delivery!! But I have it being delivered to my job and that's closed on the weekends
icon_cry.gif
...I have to wait to Tuesday afternoon for any mail!!

THE AGONYYYYY....WHYYYYYYY?!
eusa_wall.gif

Mine went from NJ to IN in one day, and they have another location in Coppell,TX so I am thinking I will get mine on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Yey!

My tracking seems like it enjoys updating really late! Mine has been hanging out in NJ for a few days. I haven't dealt with Newgistics before, but from what I've read on the internetz, they can be pretty slow. *twiddles thumbs impatiently*

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as I wish I could just wait it out to find out whats in the box, who am I kidding? I am going to stalk this thread until someone posts pictures lol but for those of you who can hold off- hats off to ya! I just CANT 
icon_redface.gif
Is everything going to be the same in all boxes?  I thought we filled out profiles, like with Birchbox, so that is what made me think the boxes might be different.  I see good things and bad things about that...

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So we'll all be getting our May boxes... in June. I don't mean to be tedious, as I know this has been touched on over and over again ad nauseum, but is this going to be a trend with them? I guess this means we'll be getting our June boxes in July, etc., etc... lol. That's just weird. Will they be wishing us Merry Christmas in January at this rate? 

Btw, my box is set to arrive at around the 5th or 6th.  
Too true!  My biggest problem with it wasn't so much the delay itself as it was the lack of updates.  They should have posted updates to their site, sent out mass emails, etc. to let us know what was going on.  What made it worse was that the freebie boxes they gave out were sent out around early May.  Thus, when I logged into my account and saw I had paid for a May box, I got really, really worried something had gone wrong!

I still haven't been able to make the beauty profile work, and I have a feeling it's related to my browser (I'm also having issues simply logging in), so if they *are* planning on customizing boxes, they have some issues to address before they can do it for everyone.  I use Safari.  It's not like it's some obscure open source browser no one outside of hardcore Linux nerds have heard of.  I finally sent an inquiry about it, but I haven't heard anything back about it yet.

I really don't think there is much box customization judging from the unboxings from various countries. I, personally, prefer it after experiencing BirchBox and there boxes being sooooooo different in product and value.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really don't think there is much box customization judging from the unboxings from various countries. I, personally, prefer it after experiencing BirchBox and there boxes being sooooooo different in product and value.
I agree with you! That was one of the reasons I wanted to sign up with Glossybox in addition to Birchbox. I have received 3 BB, so it might be too soon to say anything bad..but haven't really been excited or happy with any of them, especially after seeing what others receive.

I also haven't been able to update my beauty profile yet, and I've tried it on several browsers. Including Firefox and Internet Explorer. Although I think they posted on Facebook (as a reply to someone's inquiry about the same thing) that they will not be needing the beauty profiles for the first box. So look's like everyone is getting the same products...and that's fine by me.

Back