Glossybox: May 2012 box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my shipping notice.. Yippee it's in NJ and im one state over. I'm thinking Tuesday delivery. My 1st box I won got to me in 2 days so secretely I'm. Hoping it will come tomorrow but that's fantasy life not reality.
rolleyes.gif
  If it doesn't come tomorrow Monday is going to be agonizing.

Got my tracking info but slightly annoyed bc I changed my email address and shipping address with them over a week ago however they sent the email to the old email addy and sent the box to the old address... Siighhhhhh...

Originally Posted by MKCurio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it doesn't come tomorrow Monday is going to be agonizing.
Gahhh, agreed. Pleeeease come tomorrow!! 

That's so cute!! My husband is just as sweet and supportive. I think he feels the same way. He has his hobbies and I have mine.

I feel like the beauty boxes are something to get excited about! You get a box with a ton of spectacular items you may not have ever heard of before. Sometimes you might get a dud, but for the most part, the thrill is just finding out what's in the box.

I'm so glad they've kept this month's GlossyBox a secret! I've spoiled both my birchboxes thus far and felt SO bad about it! It'll be cool to open up my GB and not know what to expect. 

On that note, I'll be back on this forum AFTER I have received mine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Don't wanna get spoiled! 

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband is actually quite supportive about my beauty box mania.  I think he's appreciative of having a wife who likes to take care of herself, or maybe it could be that I give him massages when I get luxe lotions and oils? 
smilehappyyes.gif
 Recently we were talking about things we spend money on and he said, "That's your hobby and I have mine" so he's pretty good about it.  The thing is, he doesn't have a hobby that costs as much as my beauty boxes cost all together.  He's just sweet.  I do feel kind of bad because they really do add up, and I'm getting a little oversampled out.  But the thrill of "maybe next month something amazing will come through that I really want to try" and the ability to get so much more value for my money than just the $10, $12, $15 or $21 the boxes cost keeps me in the game.  Just when I think I'm going to cull one of the subs out, they do something to redeem themselves.  I thought for sure The Look Bag was on the chopping block but this month's offerings are great!  Beauty Box 5 will probably go, I've been disappointed by that one more than once and I think Birchbox Man might go too, because he didn't use the stuff last month except for the socks and this month's box is crazy, no way he'll use one of the big items, totally not his style.  I'd rather take that $20 and in three months buy him something he'd really use and appreciate than gamble for him.  But for me, half the fun is in the what ifs, the speculation, the talk, the sampling and finding treasures in places I'd never look elsewhere.  I'm dying to know what's in the first for pay Glossybox USA.  Who's going to be the first to post their Glossybox?

I'm dying to know what is coming! I don't mind the spoilers because I've been happy with all my boxes. I love the unwrapping, opening and sniffing of new stuff.. so the spoilers just add to my excitement and anticipation. I've yet to be deflated, except for my expired Befine samples.

Anyone else not receive a shipping notice or even a welcome letter after signing up? They charged my card, but I haven't received any e-mails. Should I be worried.
scared.gif

As much as I wish I could just wait it out to find out whats in the box, who am I kidding? I am going to stalk this thread until someone posts pictures lol but for those of you who can hold off- hats off to ya! I just CANT 
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else received 2 shipping notices from them? Two diff tracking #'s sent to my email an hour apart.
I did! I thought I was the only one. In my case, I think I got the second one almost immediately. But, when I checked both the tracking #s, only the second one showed an update.

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my tracking info but slightly annoyed bc I changed my email address and shipping address with them over a week ago however they sent the email to the old email addy and sent the box to the old address... Siighhhhhh...

UGH same deal here. No idea how they even got the address they are sending it to. Its to my parents house which I haven't lived in for almost 10 years. Maybe associated with my credit card or something?!

Did those with 2 notices sign up twice for seperate subscriptions? Or maybe they just booboo-ed. If anyone gets their box tomorrow, post it!!! LOL, I want to see what's coming.

Originally Posted by TonyaK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else not receive a shipping notice or even a welcome letter after signing up? They charged my card, but I haven't received any e-mails. Should I be worried.
scared.gif
I have not received any e-mail communication from them. No confirmation after signing up and no tracking e-mail. They have charged my card though and when I log into my account it indicates that I am a subscriber. I am a little concerned though.

Originally Posted by celiajuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not received any e-mail communication from them. No confirmation after signing up and no tracking e-mail. They have charged my card though and when I log into my account it indicates that I am a subscriber. I am a little concerned though.
I found the tracking email in my spam filter.  Maybe yours is in your spam filter?

Originally Posted by nikita8501 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did! I thought I was the only one. In my case, I think I got the second one almost immediately. But, when I checked both the tracking #s, only the second one showed an update.

Thanks for response. You're right, just one of the tracking #s work, good.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did those with 2 notices sign up twice for seperate subscriptions? Or maybe they just booboo-ed. If anyone gets their box tomorrow, post it!!! LOL, I want to see what's coming.
I only signed up once. It prob was just an error as just one tracking # works anyway. I'll def post pics if mine arrives tomorrow (I doubt it will lol). I can't wait
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Does anyone have tracking that's actually moved? Mine just shows this:

Date Time Description Location 5/24/2012 10:04 PM Shipped from Client South Kearny, NJ 07032
It also says that the estimated delivery is 6/4-6/5. I hope I don't have to wait that long! :/

Back