GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by aandreasen63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a nail polish but it wasn't zoya I guess they ran out? idk I ended up getting an essie orange color with is not my style I was kind of disappointed but I guess its better than not getting anything. 
Is that the geranium color? They sent it out in the Mother's Day boxes and it's an orange based red. I love that color! Maybe try it on your toes if you don't like it on the fingernails.

I'm really feeling meh over my box.

I got the Sebastian Professional spray gel (hair products just don't work for me), the My Prime Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer (which I had high hopes for, but was disappointed in since it left my skin as oily as any regular moisturizer), AmorePacific Color Correcting Cushion Compact in a color I actually can use but it doesn't cover worth a poo (I can't recall the name of the color).  I also got the Nicka K in the nasty fake rose scent other have complained about, the Etre Belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask (haven't tried it yet) and a packet each of the European Wax Center Exfoliate and Slow It lotions.  I would have much rather have gotten the Model Co lip duo or the eye pencil.  On the whole, the box was a waste of money since there is nothing in it that did what it was supposed to or that I will use. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The good news is, I got my Zoya polish (the replacement for my Amore Pacific) already!

The bad news is, they sent Tracie which is so pretty, but I already have. But, that's not their fault :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sure I'll find someone to trade with!
Oh my goodness! I just received my replacement too! I got the Sebastian Potion 9 (one of the items I requested!)!!! Frankly, I'm a little shocked, since I never heard back after sending my list of 5 replacement items to pick from. That WAS quite fast! Hmmm...not bad Glossybox
wink.gif

I got my replacement sample today too! They sent me the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum (it was on my list of requests) 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Glossybox! - (PICS!)

So, at first I was HARUMPH, UGH....but in all actuality, the box isn't too bad. Definitely not my favorite, but still OK.

I received the Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray, My Prime Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer, Nicka K Perfume Stick in Parc de 59, AmorePacific Color Correcting Cushion Compact in 208 Amber Gold, Etre Belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask and two foil packets from European Wax Center: The Exfoliate and Slow It Body Lotion

Sebastian Volupt Spray - Meh. I wanted to love this sooooo much, I did. It did NOTHING for me. I love their Potion 9, so I was hoping that this spray would plump up my hair to amazing heights...alas....not one plumpy plump. I don't know if my hair was being particularly finicky that day, or what. I'm going to try it again, but so far, I'm not impressed with it.

My Prime - This product actually works great! It was my box's saving grace really. I think it does all that is says it does. It's light, creamy and although it feels stickier and thicker than my typical primer, it covers well, smooths out lines and pores and keeps your makeup fresh and set all day. As far as I could tell it also keep my face matte and shine free! This product seems a TAD expensive and I think I prefer my LA Base Pro primer from Lancome, which is slightly less expensive, however, I will be using this entire tube!

Nicka K Perfume Stick (Parc de 59) - I came THIS CLOSE to loving this perfume. It was created to be reminiscent of Central Park and it has nice light notes of green tea with a hint of a floral, HOWEVER...it gets musky and mossy and it is pretty strong. Therefore...not for me. I really wish I could have gotten Free Spirit 100, Very Chelsey 350, or Rhythm 125, they sound MUCH more my style. I love the concept and design of this perfume though! It's perfect for stashing in your purse and quickly popping out after work is over for a girls night out or a date!

AmorePacific (208 Amber Gold) - Ladies....look at this picture. Now look at me (profile pic), now back to this picture, now BACK TO ME. (Sorry, had to use classic Old Spice awesomeness lol)....if you can't tell....this color is an absolute FAIL. They sent out these in 4 different shades and of course...this is the darkest....and I am the lightest palest lil Irish lass you ever saw. ::le sigh::....check out this utter fail:

Good grief. That's sad lol. So if you haven't read my posts above, I've emailed GB and they informed me that they no longer have any AmorePacific Color Correcting Cushion Compacts in stock (any shade), so they asked me to send them a list of 5 products from previous boxes that I wouldn't mind having as a replacement. That was 4 days ago and I haven't heard a reply yet in regards to the list I sent. I have a feeling I won't hear back. I'd be quite surprise and that's so disappointing, since this is my first hiccup with GB. Oh well, win some, lose some.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Couldn't really review this item since...well...obviously.

European Wax Center foils: I actually loved these! I know most people don't like foils, but I found there to be quite a bit of product in mine. Enough for at least 3 uses. The problem is...I don't wax! ::shock!:: but I decided to use these with my normal shaving. So I used one foil on one leg after shaving and one on the other. The Exfoliate: I really loved this one, it gently exfoliated and left my leg nice and smooth (albeit sticky at first!). I really liked the smell, it's supposedly fragrance free, but it did have a light fresh waxy scent. Slow It Body Lotion - this was creamy, light and definitely moisturized and softened my skin. Between the two, I'm torn....a day after shaving, the leg that I used The Exfoliate on felt smoother and softer...but 3 DAYS LATER, the leg that had the Slow It Body Lotion felt smoother AND the hair didn't feel as prickly! (It is supposed to soften the growing hair). I think I'm definitely going to be using BOTH on each leg next time I shave and possibly buying these products soon!

Etre Belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask - My wonderful personal spa day product! Looooooove it. I wish I had more, it feels fantastic. It's a very nice, very well made mask. I love the slits around the circumference that allows the mask to form easier to your face. It was SO full of moisturizer! I just left mine on till it was mostly dry, then I went to bed 10 minutes later. By the time I woke up, my face felt supple, soft, super smooth and well hydrated. I WANT MORE! lol Etre Belle also has eye masks with similar ingredients. Am I getting those....I THINK YES.
smilehappyyes.gif

All in all, this box was OK. Not my favorite by far, but still not bad...a lot better than I expected. I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT MONTH THOUGH!

Wow, the AmorePacific color is horrible on you! Not sure how many people would find that color great for them, it looks really weird in the picture. Maybe because it is so far off your skin tone, but it looks sickly mustard colored, eeeek!

So I emailed GB about the dark AmorePacific. This was my first issue in a year with them. I got a response the same day requesting the list of 5 items I would like to have replace it. They sent it out immediately and I got it today. I'm glad my first experience with their CS was a good one.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, the AmorePacific color is horrible on you! Not sure how many people would find that color great for them, it looks really weird in the picture. Maybe because it is so far off your skin tone, but it looks sickly mustard colored, eeeek!
I KNOOOOOW, right?! It's WAY on the opposite end of the spectrum lol

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I emailed GB about the dark AmorePacific. This was my first issue in a year with them. I got a response the same day requesting the list of 5 items I would like to have replace it. They sent it out immediately and I got it today. I'm glad my first experience with their CS was a good one.
They are sending out the replacements! I got mine today and so are other people as well
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my replacement sample today too! They sent me the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum (it was on my list of requests) 
biggrin.gif
Lucky duck! I was hoping for that one most of all on my list! lol I got the Potion 9, which I'm still stoked about, but I'm completely out of the truth serum lol Oh well...must go buy more I guess!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lucky duck! I was hoping for that one most of all on my list! lol I got the Potion 9, which I'm still stoked about, but I'm completely out of the truth serum lol Oh well...must go buy more I guess!
I know, I got really lucky because I wasn't sure they would still have it but I put it on my list just in case and...score! 
icon_cheers.gif
 I love this stuff and a little goes a long way! 

Yes its that color, I did skeptically try it on my toes and its actually pretty cute, I think it will look even better when I get a little tanner over the summer thanks for the heads up!! :)

I know, I got really lucky because I wasn't sure they would still have it but I put it on my list just in case and...score! 
icon_cheers.gif
 I love this stuff and a little goes a long way! 
I was the same way, I saw it in a box quite a while ago but I figured I wasn't gonna let them off lightly, I was going for the amazing products! lol and yes, that product is AMAZING

biggrin.gif
Lucky!! I was told that they were out of that when I put on my list of samples. Nice score indeed as that stuff is amazing!

Has anyone had any luck with the Sebastian Volupt Spray. I used it today and it made my hair look awful (super frizzy), I'm not sure if I did it wrong or what, but does anyone have any tips on using it? I did use it on damp hair.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone had any luck with the Sebastian Volupt Spray. I used it today and it made my hair look awful (super frizzy), I'm not sure if I did it wrong or what, but does anyone have any tips on using it? I did use it on damp hair.
I tried it on damp hair, too, and it made my hair feel rough and look dull. Not a fan.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried it on damp hair, too, and it made my hair feel rough and look dull. Not a fan.
Yeah, it did NOTHING for me as well (thin, fine, partially wavy/curly hair). I spritzed it on partially air-dried hair, then blow dried (upside down) the rest of it...nada. Didn't look any different to me.

I need ideas for what to request for a replacement for the amore pacific. Anyone want to comment with their list?

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need ideas for what to request for a replacement for the amore pacific. Anyone want to comment with their list?
I went through all the boxes and there weren't many things I was really interested in, so this was my list (they ended up sending me a Zoya):

Nicka K New York perfume stick in Dream 42, Free Spirit 100, or Rhythm 125
Koh Ge Do Cleansing Spa Water
Ellis Faas Ellis Lips
or any shimmery Zoya polish

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My list was:

Koh Gen Do Emollient Cream

Sebastian Potion 9 - They sent me this!

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Tarte Glamazon Lipstick

Nicka K stick perfume in Very Chelsey, Free Spirit or Rhythm

Sooo...June 3 and still NO May box for me...this is so ridiculous! Anyone else still waiting?

Back