GlossyBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sooo...June 3 and still NO May box for me...this is so ridiculous! Anyone else still waiting?
Yep, still waiting. My box appears to be in Indiana, and I am in California. It's been in transit for 5 days.. I've never sent anything via USPS that took 5 days, and it's not even on my side of the country yet. 

I also emailed CS about a week ago with a question about shipping and they never wrote back. Glad to hear some of you are having good CS experiences, but I guess they're selective in what they decide to help with. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I used the volupt spray after using the Living Proof Prime Style Extender (from January) and liked the added body. 

I also gave them a list of items I'd be interested in for a replacement, and heard back today that they would be sending me a Zoya polish this week.  Looking forward to it, so we'll see!

Finally got my box today, I think I might be the last one. You've all left me alone in this thread, haven't you?  
bawling.gif

Anyhow, I got:

Nicka K Solid Perfume in Very Chelsea.  I don't really wear perfume, so this will be going in the trade pile. 

Model Co. Lip Duo, Lipgloss in Strip Tease and Lipstick in Dusk.  This is nice, but these colors don't work for me, trade pile!

Sebastian Volupt Spray.  Yesssss, anything for volume is great!

Etre Belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask.  Excited to try this/scare the crap out of my man.

Epionce Intense Defense Serum. This thing is so tiny I can barely see it. I guess I'll use it, but I probably wont have much to report back on. Why bother with these microscopic samples?

Teeny tahhhny foil packets of some wax center stuff. Shrug.

This was my first Glossybox, and overall I'm slightly less pleased with this than I was last month's Ipsy.. and the Ipsy was $10 cheaper. Also, getting the May box a week into June just really rubs me the wrong way!  At least the box is pretty!

I hated the Sebastian volupt spray, it made my hair sticky and crunchy.

But I really liked the perfume stick in #42 and the ModelCo lip duo! (swatches below)

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hated the Sebastian volupt spray, it made my hair sticky and crunchy.

But I really liked the perfume stick in #42 and the ModelCo lip duo! (swatches below)

That color looks great on you!

I have the same box but you know what gets me angry? Getting the same modelco duo THREE times in THREE separate months. I loved it the first time. I didn't mind the spare the second time. But now with them ignoring my emails the past few months, I don't know what to do.

I have the same box but you know what gets me angry? Getting the same modelco duo THREE times in THREE separate months. I loved it the first time. I didn't mind the spare the second time. But now with them ignoring my emails the past few months, I don't know what to do.
That sucks. Try calling if you can. I usually get much better customer service if I call.

That sucks. Try calling if you can. I usually get much better customer service if I call.
Thanks I got the pick 5 samples for replacement reply. Nice gesture but the duo seem to be the star product in this box and the replacements available may be slim pickings. I gave all full size samples from previous boxes. Fingers cross I don't hear back with "please pick another 5, all the good stuff is gone" I missed the Burberry lipstick a year ago. If be so giddy if that is available!

Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks I got the pick 5 samples for replacement reply. Nice gesture but the duo seem to be the star product in this box and the replacements available may be slim pickings. I gave all full size samples from previous boxes. Fingers cross I don't hear back with "please pick another 5, all the good stuff is gone" I missed the Burberry lipstick a year ago. If be so giddy if that is available!
I didn't even think about that lipstick. It's definitely amazing and I can say that if you wanted to buy it, it's worth the money. (to me atleast)

Just wanted to share this with you all from the Amore Pacific FB page:

988660_10151622542799799_562538653_n.jpg

My may GB had to wait until my mom came back from vacation to see the contents.

They Had originally told me id get a replacement amore product but I think those didn't go through...so now I get a random replacement....hopefully I get it soon the anticipation is killing me :)

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My may GB had to wait until my mom came back from vacation to see the contents.
Twinsies! Which Amore color did you get? I got 106 Almond Blush, according to their chart it should work for me. I want to try 208 and see which one works better.

Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly how I feel about all of the Sebastian hair products!! I've gotten one of their products in the past 3 our of 5 boxes. I'd like the chance to try a different brand!

Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's exactly how I feel about all of the Sebastian hair products!! I've gotten one of their products in the past 3 our of 5 boxes. I'd like the chance to try a different brand!
That's the catch 22 with those dang surveys! They ask if you want to try more products from that company and I usually do, but I want them spread out!

Back