Glossybox May 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the Glossybox page says May Glossybox (and it does), when you subscribe, you will get the May box. When they sell out they change that to say Classic box. So yes, you can expect to get the May. 
Yay! Thanks so much! I'm seriously considering dropping Ipsy if this one works out for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My May box has already shipped. Normally I would be excited, but after being repeatedly reassured I would NOT get a 'classic' box, but the actual May box if I waited until the 1st to restart since my 3 month option was no longer available to renew, who wants to bet I get a 'classic' box instead?

My May box has already shipped. Normally I would be excited, but after being repeatedly reassured I would NOT get a 'classic' box, but the actual May box if I waited until the 1st to restart since my 3 month option was no longer available to renew, who wants to bet I get a 'classic' box instead?
Did they elminate the three month option?  I didn't notice the change on their website.

Did they elminate the three month option?  I didn't notice the change on their website.
Yes. Now they only offer monthly, 6 month and 1 year subs, and the only one of those with a discount is the 1 year. I couldn't even renew or switch my old one to monthly, they made me resubscribe all over again.

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know if the classic boxes are different every month? I did a search to try to find what people have gotten in Classic boxes for the last few months and I could only find the one people got in late Jan and late March. I think the hair product was the same in those two... 

Is this early to get a MAY shipping notice? 

Is this early to get a MAY shipping notice? 
Yes, but I think they're trying to make up for the April shipping debacle. Their Facebook page is blown up with people canceling because they still haven't gotten their April boxes. I am one of the people who still has not received the April box (one of the products were backordered - still, I am happier that they are sending me the actual April box, and not a "classic" - I got one of those in February and it was meh).

I did finally get an email notice on Monday that my April box has shipped, and yesterday I got one saying my May box shipped. I wonder which will show up first  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know if the classic boxes are different every month? I did a search to try to find what people have gotten in Classic boxes for the last few months and I could only find the one people got in late Jan and late March. I think the hair product was the same in those two... 
I received a random extra box my first month (March) that people seemed to think was a classic box.  This is what was in it:

- Korres volcanic mineral mascara

- Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm

- Philip B pH restorative detangling toning mist

- Emite makeup micronized eye shadow in dams

- Sesha skin therapy cell-white brightening mask

I think it's kind of a mishmash of leftovers from previous boxes.  So I'm guessing the "classic box" is a random assortment of whatever is on hand and changes from month to month and two people might get two different boxes even in the same month.

No more three month subs?! >.< That's recent!

In March they were doing a whole promo all around their 3 month subs! I even got codes for 15% off when you buy a 3 month sub. So weird. I wonder what that's all about.

I also noticed that demographic comment. I do think that Glossybox is geared toward "older" (meaning not 16) women because they do include some great skincare which I think your average 18-25 year old isn't going to care much about. And I have seen that complaint pretty often-- all the skincare for "old ladies."

As an old lady err... part of their target demographic, I love that they include expensive skincare goodies. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Of course, I wish that when I was 23 I paid a little more attention to my skin but it's too late now. So pass me the Glamglow and the Orogold :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box today.

Glamglow

Sebastin

Clearista

Doucce matt lipstick in color 907, couldn't find a name, it is a pretty rosy pink

Teeez nail polish in color cadimum rush- excited to try this

Really pleased with my box this month.
Got mine today and it's the same as yours.  I am very happy, as well.  It's not often I can wear/like the colors I get and I like the lipstick (yay, it's matte, too) and the nail polish.  I love my "Out the Door' topcoat and the CND Stickey base coat that are my HG so I am glad I got the colored polish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone cashed in their 1000 GlossyDots for a free box?

I did this month, and the box is stuck in " packed" status. Do I need to email Glossybox> Will it even help to do so? 

I also have an active subscription so with my "double or nothing luck" I will either get zero boxes or two boxes. 
I have NO idea what they are doing with my account.

Last month, I got THREE boxes. I have no clue why. 

Back