GLOSSYBOX October 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has come up before, but did anyone else get a $40 unique voucher for hellofresh.com? I think it was in the box under the tissue paper. 

I got two boxes at once (Glossybox and Frenchbox) but I'm pretty certain the card was in Glossybox. But I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere at all. 

Sorry if this has come up before, but did anyone else get a $40 unique voucher for hellofresh.com? I think it was in the box under the tissue paper. 

I got two boxes at once (Glossybox and Frenchbox) but I'm pretty certain the card was in Glossybox. But I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere at all. 
I did; it's for new customers only and I've subscribed in the past, so it doesn't work for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Holy cow guys!  Guys my September box JUST showed up.  I plugged in my tracking number and it sure does say it was delivered Oct 2nd!

I just went out to run the laundry downstairs and it was sitting there on my bottom step!  What the crap?

Well I guess I can let GB know not to send the replacement!  

I know this is October, so I quickly run down my Sept variations:  Got the she's pampered nail polish, reddish color, I think it's much more seasonable than the pink.  I got black dahlia lip tar, whoa I dunno about that I think I would have liked the orange/metallic.  I might swatch it and throw it up for trade. And I got the Vert conditioner.  

To stay on topic, I was very pleased with my October box:  my variations were the Volume root boost spray, Tarte in flush, Botanical hydro mask.  Did anyone else think the top coat took a long time to dry?  I've never used a matte top coat so I didn't know what to expect.  Also like others mentioned, the perfume packaging is adorable!  

Oh yeah I got the hello fresh voucher.  I subscribe to it.  It's wonderful!  Expensive, though, but no more expensive if you eat out A LOT and some of the meals can stretch to double what they say.

It's worth the investment if you want a 30 min meal where you just pull the bag out of the fridge, chop, cook and eat.  The biggest pain in the neck is cleaning up!  I like that you get to pick your meals each week and I pretty much already know what I'm having for dinner (and sometimes lunch the next day) 3 nights a week.  

Planning dinner in my house used to goe like this:
Me to boyfriend: What do you want for dinner tonight?

Him: Food...food type things....

Me: Ugh....dominos again?

Him: .... (playing a video game)

Me: I'll place the order....

After Hello Fresh: 

Me: What do you want for dinner tonight?

Him: Food,...food type things..

Me: You have 3 choices...choice A, b or c

Him: Meal choice x

Me: I make it, you clean up?

Him: Deal

So much easier and tastier than Dominos. 

@@MoiSurtout Yes it was in the Glossybox. I haven;t received mine yet, but Instagram is showing them in all the boxes. 

Also I can't remember if it was in this thread - People having problems redeeming glossydots even with an active subscription - I emailed them and this was the response:

Thanks for writing in! We're sorry that you are having difficulty redeeming your GLOSSYDOTS.

Currently, subscribers with fixed rate plans are not able to redeem online. In the meantime, we will be able to redeem your GLOSSYDOTS for you.

Since the last box in your 12-month plan will be November, we have deducted 2000 GlossyDots from your account and reserved a free December and January GLOSSYBOX for you!

Kindly note that the free boxes will not appear on your online dashboard, but this email is a confirmation of the orders.

Be sure to cancel the 12-month renewal charge by the deadline on November 14, 2014. Otherwise, the plan will renew in December, creating duplicate boxes. If you wish to reactivate the plan, please do so any time afterFebruary 1.

Sincerely yours,
from GLOSSYBOX

I received my glossybox today.  Super fast!   I received:

Tarte Power Pigment - Awakening.   A very pigmented formula in pink.  It says its nude-hued which I get but, I may need a pencil underneath to make it a bit more wearable.  Minty.

Proganix Anit-Fade Weightless Argan Oil + UV Protection.  I do color my hair.  I will give this a try tomorrow.

Nails Inc. - Westminster Birdge Matte Top Coat.  This will go to my daughter. 

Vince Camuto - I will wear this

Sesha Hydro Mask -  I will use this tonight.  I love playing around with masks.

This is a nice box.  Nail Products are not my favorite as I don't use them.  So, when they are included its only 4 products for me.  Luckily they aren't always and we are due for a non nail box.  Let's go November!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you select 3 of the 5 choices they have for that week, they always have a chicken, veggie/non meat and seafood choice. I've discovered some really easy great ways to prepare foods/veggies.

It's a huge time saver! But it's pricey!

However we still ordered dominos tonight. Ha!

I recieved my box today! I love the Amore perfume! *Thumbs-up*

I recieved the Proganix Volume. I really don't need any volume in my hair, this may go to a friend. Nice that this is full size! *okay*

The nail's inc matte finishing polish is interesting, can't wait to try it out, nice that this is also full size! *Thumbs-up*

SESHA mask is some thing I'm looking for ward to on a night when my hubby's on graveyard and I can do a home spa night! *Thumbs-up*

I recieved the Tarte 'Flush' power pigment, so nice that it is full-size! I'm not sure that this color is for me, looked like a possible color when I just gave it a try with a layer of beige over it, like the hint of mint! Again another full size! *Thumbs-up*

Great Box for me, and came in an acceptable time frame! Thanks Glossybox!

Ugggh. So disappointed. Got another Awakening and the antifade. Uuugghhhhhh. I already got Awakening w/ popsugar. Useless color. And antifade? Only good if you color. Ugh. Sorry. End of rant

Ugggh. So disappointed. Got another Awakening and the antifade. Uuugghhhhhh. I already got Awakening w/ popsugar. Useless color. And antifade? Only good if you color. Ugh. Sorry. End of rant

Hooray!  Got my box, this is the earliest EVER!  According to my account, it shouldn't be here until 11/1-11/13.  I got the anti-fade and the hydro mask, both great for me!  Love the perfume!  Can't wait to try the topcoat.  I saw a mani on pinterest that looked like a French manicure, the whole nail was black, but matte top coat where the pink would be and glossy where the white tips would be.  It looked really cool, may give something like that a try.

What do  you think of HelloFresh?  I'd be interested in trying it out but I hate that they don't have a one meal option and you have to commit to a week first.

I did; it's for new customers only and I've subscribed in the past, so it doesn't work for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw a spoiler for the October box and rejoined after only receiving one box (july 2014) before. I had no clue about the new cancellation pollicy until I came here, kind of a bummer. I got the October box and then took advantage of the $30 for 3 mystery boxes thing. Thought it would be a great value since I would likely get all new (to me) boxes. Well I figure I should go cancel since I have 4 boxes coming and it says I will receive November per the new cancellation policy. I thought it was odd that when I signed up, I couldn't see that policy noted anywhere. Must have been in small fine print....Should have come here first...like I usually do. I'll have glossyboxes coming out my ears soon.

Got Awakening and Anti-Fade.  Anti-Fade was my top choice (my hair is naturally very light brown and, well, you can see my picture.  Fading is a huge problem!)

I got flush and it looks pretty - my daughter was thrilled with the nails inc!  My niece will be getting the perfume...pretty happy with glossy at the moment but still not convinced that I will renew.   November is my last paid for box and I guess we will see when more spoilers are released.

Glossy is the only sub I have that I will consider renewing (I'm keeping beautydna for sure though) but with all the changes they have made things are less flexible and I miss being able to buy reasonably priced gift boxes!  My daughter is sad as with the new pricing she isn't going to be getting extra boxes as a treat - the price difference makes it not a pocket money treat anymore but more of a luxury!

I finally got my October box yesterday and for some reason, the Tarte and Nails Inc. products were replaced with a lip tar and highlighter from previous boxes. I'm kind of annoyed because those were the samples I was most looking forward to. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back