GLOSSYBOX October 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a shipping email. I'm so jelly of the pretty boxes that the German and French GBs are shipping out this month. The French version is the same as the U.S. Mother's Day box, and the German box has a pop art theme.

I loved the US Mother's Day box!  I hope something like that comes our way again soon.

Hope I get a shipping email soon. Im excited to try the perfume and that tarte lip product. Also Im excited to try the nails inc top coat. Whohoo bring it on already. Glossybox

Still haven't got my September box and no one at Glossybox seems to care! Hoping I actually get this one!

I didn't get one either (a Sept box) I finally had to message them on Facebook and open and investigation with USPS

I received both my Birchbox and Glossybox today...I think Mercury must be in retrograde or something.

I received the Proganix Volume Root Boost. I was relieved to find that the Nails Inc. was indeed a matte top coat instead of a cement/taupe gray polish. I'm excited to try the sheet mask. The perfume bottle is adorable, but the jury is still out on the fragrance. When I first put it on it was almost sickly sweet, but the dry down is much better. The Tarte pencil is a dupe for me from the Sephora Give Me More Lip set, but I do like it. What is the difference supposed to be between the Lipsurgence Lip Tints and the Power Pigment pencils? Are the Power Pigment pencils Tarte's answer to Clinique Chubby Stick Intense?

I'm so freaking irritated. My September box was probably stolen, I opened an investigation with USPS and after telling me they would get back to me in two days, (it was more like four days)...their investigation concluded today and the result? "It was probably stolen and you should contact the shipper for a replacement"  uhhhhh..thanks?

What a waste of time.  

Luckily GlossyBox "said" they would send another September box, which is generous of them, but I don't really feel like it's their fault, it's clearly an lazy USPS delivery person who didn't feel like taking my box ALL the way up my stairs OR back to the truck and leaving me a note for pick up. 

Anyway at this rate I'll probably get my October box before I get my September box.  Le sigh.  

I'm so freaking irritated. My September box was probably stolen, I opened an investigation with USPS and after telling me they would get back to me in two days, (it was more like four days)...their investigation concluded today and the result? "It was probably stolen and you should contact the shipper for a replacement"  uhhhhh..thanks?

What a waste of time.  

Luckily GlossyBox "said" they would send another September box, which is generous of them, but I don't really feel like it's their fault, it's clearly an lazy USPS delivery person who didn't feel like taking my box ALL the way up my stairs OR back to the truck and leaving me a note for pick up. 

Anyway at this rate I'll probably get my October box before I get my September box.  Le sigh.  
I'm so sorry to hear about your box delivery troubles :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I got that whack response from the USPS when one of my packages were missing too. I ordered a lipstick from a small indie company and they said they had issues with the usps "losing" the products that she shipped, but she reshipped another one and offered me a 20% discount on my next purchase.

I hope that Glossybox  replaces it, and if they give you a hard time, threaten to dispute the charge b/c they want to be helpful all of a sudden after you do that.

It's a bummer, but it's just a box of makeup. No biggie. They'll show up eventually.  

I could talk to my PO about not leaving any packages at all and I'll just pick them up in the mornings, I may just go back to getting everything sent to work.  Just stinks on Saturdays.  

I see no reason to dispute the charges, Glossy sent the box, and it tracked all the way to delivered status.  I'd like to dispute my postal carrier though for being a lazy ass.  

Just a reminder - if you're going to cancel for November, do it today - it's the 15th.  I just cancelled the sub for my mom and the little blurb assured me that her last box would be October.  We'll see.  The only thing she might use is the mask.  

Ahh well.  Also, it looks like we're getting identical boxes based on shipping/delivery dates.

@ ~ Thanks for the reminder.   I have a 3 month sub that I don't want to be charged for again so, I was trying to figure out when to cancel.  For some reason I had it in my head to wait until after my October box shipped.  That would have been a bad idea.  So, thank you, thank you!

I plan to sign up for November as I still love me a GLOSSYBOX..   Hopefully a good code pops up.  I think we may be getting a lipstick.

@ ~ Thanks for the reminder.   I have a 3 month sub that I don't want to be charged for again so, I was trying to figure out when to cancel.  For some reason I had it in my head to wait until after my October box shipped.  That would have been a bad idea.  So, thank you, thank you!

I plan to sign up for November as I still love me a GLOSSYBOX..   Hopefully a good code pops up.  I think we may be getting a lipstick.
You're very welcome!!   I will cancel soon as well, but I'm trying to figure out why my referral points haven't posted before I anger the GB gods by cancelling.  I'm on a 3 month sub on my acct and the last box is November.  Gimme those Glossydots!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If I subscribe now, will I get an October box or a November box? Their mid-month charging confuses me.

@ ~ Good Luck.  I hope it works out.

I just canceled and got an automated email.  It starts with "HELLO, (MY LAST NAME)".  All Camps, No first name or Mrs.  These kinds of things make me wacky.  Anyway, they wanted to hear why I canceled.  So, I sent an email and mentioned the real reason is there was no way to switch my sub.  I couldn't go monthly or for a year for that matter.  So, I was forced to cancel due to this new locked in policy.  I was very nice about as its really only a minor annoyance but, I think they can do better.

AmyD1259 - If you subscribe in October and there are still October boxes left (which there are), you will get October.

I am already getting October so, when I resubscribe, I also need to wait for this one to sell out or for November 1.

Hope that helps.  Its so flippin confusing sometimes.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! My Glossybox arrived today - and it came before my Birchbox!  That is the first time in the history of subscription box world.

It might be my favorite box  yet = love the Tarte, mask, nail top coat, and i got the volume spray which is exactly what i hoped for.  Not sure about the perfume but I've got a nice collection of pretty mini perfume bottles going.  AND they remembered the Glam Glow sample. 

I am speechless... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well as predicted my Oct box arrived before my Sept replacement box.

I'm still at at a work event so I won't get to play with everything until tomorrow night, but I made my bf open my box at home so I could determine which box it was.

Oh GB I'm about to give up on ever seeing that sept box.

Back