GLOSSYBOX October 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm - I have a 12 month sub that is supposed to end in November - I don't want to it auto renew - when you do think I have to hit cancel by?  

@@dancersmum ~ Is your last box the November one? If so, I think you want to cancel by November 15th to avoid being locked into a 12 month sub starting with the December box.

@Kookymama@MyKidsHave4Legs - thanks ladies - will definitely have to do that.  I don't want to auto resub for 12 months at full price!  I love glossy but since the gift box went up in price and they made it harder to cancel - I just may take a break from glossy (though they are still my fav sub box). 

Wow, some of you already have your boxes? I was just excited that mine shipped today! Though I got my Birchbox last week, so I can't complain! And my Boxycharm shipped yesterday.

I can't believe it ... what has gotten into Glossybox this month?!  I GOT MY BOX TODAY TOO!  Wow!  Have they turned themselves around with their shipping time?!
Sigh.  Still in pack mode here.  ;(

• [SIZE=.85em]APPROXIMATE DELIVERY DATE:[/SIZE] Between 11/1/14 and 11/13/14

Sigh. Still in pack mode here. ;(
Same here, but I'm OK with that.  I usually get mine just before the end of the month, so I'm used to that.  Plus, I'd like a different variety of the hair product than everyone else has been getting so far (since I heard there were 3 possibilities), and it seems like boxes that ship at different times usually have different varieties on items that are variable.

hmmmm - I have a 12 month sub that is supposed to end in November - I don't want to it auto renew - when you do think I have to hit cancel by?
I had a three month sub when this new policy went into effect and on the last month, I signed up for the month to month sub and didn't cancel the old 3 month one. I got and email from them telling me my 3 month would auto renew unless I replied to the email which I did, telling them not to renew as I already signed up for the month to month. They wrote back and said the would not renew the old 3 month sub. So I think they will email you first before renewing your account but to be safe I would cancel yours just in case things have changed. This is just how mine played out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a three month sub when this new policy went into effect and on the last month, I signed up for the month to month sub and didn't cancel the old 3 month one. I got and email from them telling me my 3 month would auto renew unless I replied to the email which I did, telling them not to renew as I already signed up for the month to month. They wrote back and said the would not renew the old 3 month sub. So I think they will email you first before renewing your account but to be safe I would cancel yours just in case things have changed. This is just how mine played out.
I will have a simularly ending sub in a few more months, but by then I'll have 3 or 4 boxes of glossy dots accumulated. Can I cancel getting charged for another years sub, and then go and use my glossy dots? Sorry if this has been addressed before... I missed it!

Got my box today (got shipping notice, but tracking never updated). I got the flush and it's too pink for my coloring (warm toned light skin, blue eyes, brown hair). I never give up on a lip color so ill see if layering it with a lip gloss, or the lip tar from last month makes me like it better.

The perfume reminds me of another perfume, but I can't pinpoint it. Not exactly my taste, but nice. The bottle is super cute.

Got my box today (got shipping notice, but tracking never updated). I got the flush and it's too pink for my coloring (warm toned light skin, blue eyes, brown hair). I never give up on a lip color so ill see if layering it with a lip gloss, or the lip tar from last month makes me like it better.

The perfume reminds me of another perfume, but I can't pinpoint it. Not exactly my taste, but nice. The bottle is super cute.
Mom's box arrived today (kind of forgot she was still getting one).  The poor thing was so excited to get another awesome product like the Vichy cream,but I just couldn't sell her on the hydro mask.  I think she'll try the root lift, but the nails/tarte in flush/etc was a wash.  

Can't wait to see what I get!  Woot!

Wow! My box has shipped and should arrive on Wednesday. Yeah, it will get here the day after I have gum surgery - wah,wah...

debbydowner.jpg

Sorry, its all I could think about. Had to insert Debby Downer.I have had way too much sugar today.

I will have a simularly ending sub in a few more months, but by then I'll have 3 or 4 boxes of glossy dots accumulated. Can I cancel getting charged for another years sub, and then go and use my glossy dots? Sorry if this has been addressed before... I missed it!
I hope someone will chime in and be able to answer you on the Glossy dots that may know more about how it works.

I have been accumulating them since over a year ago ( I have almost enough for 2 free boxes ). I do know that you have to have an active subscription to redeem them on the website. But I believe you can call them to redeem them if you don't have an active sub. Unless something has changed.

I emailed them as I can never contact via phone.  Before I cancelled I have already arranged for all my dots to be used for boxes (in my case Dec & Jan) after my sub is finished.  You have to do this before you sub ends as far as I am aware.

Even though I do have an active sub - it wouldn't let me do it on the website!

I emailed them as I can never contact via phone.  Before I cancelled I have already arranged for all my dots to be used for boxes (in my case Dec & Jan) after my sub is finished.  You have to do this before you sub ends as far as I am aware.

Even though I do have an active sub - it wouldn't let me do it on the website!
I think this may be a new change. As I was going cancel my subscription the other day and this notice came up that said I wouldn't be able to use my glossydots until I resigned back up.  So I just updated my cc on file to a benign (old) card.  This is what I have done in the past, so I am able to chose if I want the next box or not.

Sorry that's really not answering your situation since you still have an active account.  I would try to call them if they don't respond to your email.

I already have mine arranged for boxes in Dec & Jan after my sub runs out - they responded to my email pretty quickly and sorted it out!

But I just got my Oct box to my shipping address - wowsers - my account said it was going to arrive between nov 1 and nov 13 - ummmm I'm happy its early!  And a little stunned it was so fast (8 days earlier than my Sept box).

I got mine yesterday - can't believe it came so early! I got the volume Proganix (which I'm hoping to trade - posted in the Glossybox trades, if you're interested), the Tarte power pigment in Awakening, and the Sesha mask in hydro. I'm really pleased with this month's box, overall. I like the Tarte a lot, the perfume is nice (although very, very girly) and the bottle is adorable. It seems like I always wind up being more impressed with my box after I get it than I am when I see spoilers, which is a lot better than feeling let down after the box arrives. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back