GLOSSYBOX October 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and the change to the cancellation policy probably has people not signing back up. I know if I was charged for 2 boxes before I even received 1 I'd jump ship. They also screwed up the gift box by raising it to $25, so no ones purchasing extra boxes now.
I'm so sad about the gift box change! It also makes zero sense when you can subscribe for another box for less...then again you might forget to cancel it and glossybox has you for another box. So maybe it does make a little sense now ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Still miss them though. I'd never sign up for two boxes.

There have been months that I purchased 6 gift boxes! I love grabbing an extra box when there is something I love, like this months lip tar would have got me to purchase another box. Too bad, Glossybox we had a good run. 

Another photo of the perfume.

glossyoctober.jpg

i might restart my sub for this one (i'm a sucker for mini perfumes, and fruity/floral sounds good to me.  plus, tarte.)

i've been checked out of glossybox for a while now - is there likely to be a code anytime soon? i know flawless floating around but it comes up as expired.

eta: apologies in advance, i know this question is asked ALL THE TIME and if there's a gb faq section, please point me in the right direction!  otherwise, can someone remind of how to use points if you don't have an active sub?  i thought there used to just be an option where you pay, but i don't see it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally have enough Glossydots for a free box!  I have no idea how to do it or if it's only for an "extra" box or if I can use them to pay for a month of my monthly sub?  

Not super excited about the spoilers, but looks like I'm getting this month's box whether I want it or not since I didn't realize the cancellation policy had changed. I resubbed because I wanted the September box and was really not happy when I cancelled yesterday to find I have to get October's box now too.

i might restart my sub for this one (i'm a sucker for mini perfumes, and fruity/floral sounds good to me.  plus, tarte.)

i've been checked out of glossybox for a while now - is there likely to be a code anytime soon? i know flawless floating around but it comes up as expired.

eta: apologies in advance, i know this question is asked ALL THE TIME and if there's a gb faq section, please point me in the right direction!  otherwise, can someone remind of how to use points if you don't have an active sub?  i thought there used to just be an option where you pay, but i don't see it now.
There is almost always a code, but they are mostly for an extra item. I'll see if I can find one for you...

I finally have enough Glossydots for a free box!  I have no idea how to do it or if it's only for an "extra" box or if I can use them to pay for a month of my monthly sub?  
There is a redeem dots button. I believe they will send your next box free, but I would get an email or facebook confirmation on that.

There is almost always a code, but they are mostly for an extra item. I'll see if I can find one for you...

There is a redeem dots button. I believe they will send your next box free, but I would get an email or facebook confirmation on that.
Thanks, Sara!

I think the redeem button went away. I emailed them a few weeks ago to redeem for an extra box this month.

No, it's still there. Go to the dots on the top of the page, it will take you to the past reviews for points you've done and the redeem dots is at the top. Hope that was clear...

GBGLAM is a code for a Glamglow Mud

I looked into the Glossydot business and even though I have a 3 month sub that ends with the October box, here is the message I get:

You do not have any active subscriptions. To get started with Glossydots, go ahead and shop now! 

So I must have to renew to be considered Active.  Funny, because I have to "cancel" in order not to be charge for another 3 month sub.  They got the best of both worlds. 

Yep, it's really annoying.  I got 1000 points as a sorry for having one of gift boxes cancelled, and I couldn't spend it on the September box because I wasn't subscribed, so I had to pay $21 and then use the points for October.  Then I cancelled my account just so there wouldn't be a screwup and the points reappeared again and my sub said it'd end Sept!  So I emailed them an angry email and had to wait a few days before they got back to me- they said they overrid the system to put me down for an October box.  I actually doubt their system's competency and I will email them again later this month to make sure I'm getting one.

I looked into the Glossydot business and even though I have a 3 month sub that ends with the October box, here is the message I get:

You do not have any active subscriptions. To get started with Glossydots, go ahead and shop now! 

So I must have to renew to be considered Active.  Funny, because I have to "cancel" in order not to be charge for another 3 month sub.  They got the best of both worlds. 

The other stressor I have right now is there is no way for me to convert back to a monthly sub.   I have to cancel and than resub.   I have been trying to figure out when to do that so, I ensure I get the last box on my sub - October and resub for just November.  Anyhoo......

The other stressor I have right now is there is no way for me to convert back to a monthly sub.   I have to cancel and than resub.   I have been trying to figure out when to do that so, I ensure I get the last box on my sub - October and resub for just November.  Anyhoo......
I detest their customer service.  I had to facebook message them and email them multiple times before getting a reply.  And I tried calling multiple times but each time the line was busy and there's no way to leave a message.

fyi, for anyone who doesn't have an active sub at the moment, i figured out how to reactive using glossydots.  if you go to your history of subscriptions, and click "reactivate", the option to use glossydots comes up.  

eta: no codes with glossydots though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back