Glossybox September, 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's 4 full size and then 2 travel sizes.... or something like that? more than 4 products in the box? 

I feel like perfume is a tricky product when it comes to determining what a full-size is. Perfumes come in so many sizes, from mini bottles to rollerballs and travel sprays to all different sizes of bottles. They may consider this a full-size product, since technically it isn't a sample size, and it's a $20 value. If this is one of the products they consider full sized, I would be ok with that. I have so many perfumes (I'm a bit of a junkie) that I prefer rollerballs and smaller sizes so I can actually use them up.

Since the Glossybox website says we get 5 items in each box, maybe this is just the 5th item and the rest are full-size.

Quote: Originally Posted by annifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Since the Glossybox website says we get 5 items in each box, maybe this is just the 5th item and the rest are full-size.

That's a very good possibility too. We only know 2 of the 5, and the Nioxin is full-sized.

August was my first box, so I cancelled after I received my box to see if it was worth going back for. No matter what they consider the fragrance size to be full or travel, at least the box is worth what you pay for and I love opening packages. Plus it's cool getting products I would probably never actually buy in stores. Regardless, I resubbed and I cant wait, the box will get here around my birthday! Which is pretty exciting. 

Quote: Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are some people who aren't thrilled by the idea that one of the items everyone is getting in the box (that is nearly half of the "value" of the box at that) is an item that is only useful to people with certain hair types.  When you alienate a portion of your audience, they have a right to grumble.

This is especially true when the company has information on each customer that they can use to attempt to customize the contents to mesh with their attributes. 

Really interesting... they have all the survey info... maybe there are a lot more people with thinning hair or people who say they want volume, or people with fine, straight hair that would benefit from this moreso than say... the keratin in the last box. Honestly, I see this as a great balance for the last one. And a fine product to get people to try, and that's again, the concept of the box, try a product you wouldn't normally buy and you won't have to pay full price for it and various others. Can't win 'em all. But I'm sure you'll be able to gift or swap it or opt out for this month. 

I've been lurking around Glossybox ... I've kept on telling myself that I'll never pay more than the $15 a month I spend on Sample Society.  (All the other subs I have 10-12)  But I've loved the boxes everyone else keeps getting.  I'm glad I decided to head over to this Glossybox forum tonight, because seeing that you get a full size of that Nioxin spray stuff?  Made me sub immediately!  I've been wanting that, but can't afford it.  It's really pricey.  Ulta had a freebie blow out with it a month or two ago.  And it worked so awesomely on my hair.  (Unfortunately, my hair has started thinning and falling out in recent months from Anemia)  I can't wait to get my first box!  I just hope my husband doesn't kill me, lol.

Nothing says "September Glossybox" like getting it in October! Lol
Yeah exactly! So considering I got my August box on September 7th when my account profile said it would arrive between 8/24-8/30, I'm not at all surprised by the September box stating it may be delivered in October. It just seems like so many subscribers are getting there's delivered at very different times during the end of the month. Most subscribers had their August boxes for more than two weeks before I got mine. I had seen so many spoiler boxes by that time that I wasn't even excited anymore. It's just kind of a let down :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I read a comment on their FB page and they said that the perfume was not one of the 4 full sized products! I can wait for this box.....still just need a code! : )

Quote: Originally Posted by mom2aqt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read a comment on their FB page and they said that the perfume was not one of the 4 full sized products! I can wait for this box.....still just need a code! : )

Nice!  Thank you for posting that!

Last month I got my box on the 22...I really really hope my September box comes as fast!

I think that GB needs to send welcome kits to subscribers. It should contain a ball of yarn, either a crochet hook or knitting sticks, and a project. Then they can hope that you'll be so thoroughly distracted trying to figure out how to create a cloche hat for a human head size, when your box shows up its a complete surprise. Like "Oh dear I had completely forgotten about my box".

Downside is, if they did send out welcome kits, they would probably mess it up some how. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNIT WITH ONE STICK?!" "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS BALL OF SPAGHETTI?!" "I'M JUST ANGRY YOU SENT ME SOMETHING!" 

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think that GB needs to send welcome kits to subscribers. It should contain a ball of yarn, either a crochet hook or knitting sticks, and a project. Then they can hope that you'll be so thoroughly distracted trying to figure out how to create a cloche hat for a human head size, when your box shows up its a complete surprise. Like "Oh dear I had completely forgotten about my box".

Downside is, if they did send out welcome kits, they would probably mess it up some how. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNIT WITH ONE STICK?!" "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS BALL OF SPAGHETTI?!" "I'M JUST ANGRY YOU SENT ME SOMETHING!" 

hahahaha! agreed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right?! Too funny, lady. Too funny.

I think that GB needs to send welcome kits to subscribers. It should contain a ball of yarn, either a crochet hook or knitting sticks, and a project. Then they can hope that you'll be so thoroughly distracted trying to figure out how to create a cloche hat for a human head size, when your box shows up its a complete surprise. Like "Oh dear I had completely forgotten about my box". Downside is, if they did send out welcome kits, they would probably mess it up some how. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNIT WITH ONE STICK?!" "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS BALL OF SPAGHETTI?!" "I'M JUST ANGRY YOU SENT ME SOMETHING!" 

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hilarious! You should write them wit this great idea. You might get the welcome kit about 2-3 months after your first box.

Do they not offer freebies with subscriptions anymore? I can't find any codes anywhere!

Gonna post this on both threads, lol...

A research question for y'all...if you could choose between Glossybox and Popsugar (and you can only have 1), which would you choose? I'm considering a GB sub, but I have decided that I am only going to allow myself 3 subs and I wouldn't give up Birchbox or Yuzen, so PS would be the one to go. What do you think?

Back