Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@rebeccamarietta - I saw the Boscia BB cream in photos.  I didn't know that was an option.  I love that stuff.  Its sitting in a shopping cart ready for me to purchase.  I would have loved to received that!
It was with a code because I resubscribed and apparently I hadn't cancelled my other subscription in time because I got two boxes! Only one had the BB cream, though.

I just received my glossybox and was hoping to get the Black Dahlia lip tar.

Unfortunately I got the LipTar/Metallic color. I was hoping someone would like to swap?

xx

I'm So bummed.

No box today, the post office doesn't have a clue what happened to it, I called glossybox and left a message and they didn't reapond.

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess I'll hope and pray it showed up tomorrow. So sad.

Ok ladies what do you recommend?

I called glossybox last week and left a message about my missing box, emailed them via their contact form online and checked out my post office, still no box and no response or acknowledgement from GB either.

Box was "delivered" Thusday according to tracking but still hasn't shown up yet.

What would you recommend my next steps are?

Ok ladies what do you recommend?

I called glossybox last week and left a message about my missing box, emailed them via their contact form online and checked out my post office, still no box and no response or acknowledgement from GB either.

Box was "delivered" Thusday according to tracking but still hasn't shown up yet.

What would you recommend my next steps are?
Perhaps irrelevant but...

The same thing happened to me with three separate Birchbox purchases earlier this year. I had a PO Box and Birchbox shipped the orders via UPS. UPS tracking said "Delivered-left on porch," which was weird because I didn't have a porch or a street address. After many phone calls, I figured out that UPS had "delivered" the packages to a UPS sorting facility. UPS then mailed a postcard to my PO Box (it took a while to get the postcards--maybe 5 to 7 days after tracking status was "Delivered") and I had the option of driving to the facility and claiming the packages -or- calling them and providing them with a street address.

This box was a bit disappointing to me. Did I miss some explanation of the theme and why they sent at least two products that seem a little dated or out of season? The conditioner doesn't seem available for purchase anywhere and appears to have had its heyday several years ago (if Google searches can be believed). The Essie polish I received was from a spring collection. (The bright pink.) I'll hang onto it as it's a cute color but I'm not putting it on my nails for the fall/winter.

Of course I'm feeling a little surly because I tried the conditioner (blanc) and although the product itself worked quite well I realized too late (once at work) that the scent was just not at all right for me. I spent the day swathed in a fragrance that made me want to tear my hair out. (Again, good product and if you enjoy the fragrance then it's a great treat.)

Sorry for the complaining - I don't like being that person but seriously! On the plus side, I am happy about the mascara and other products. (Look, I just cheered myself up a little!) 

Really liking the night cream.   Its got a balm like feel to it that seems to make it a pretty heavy duty moisturizer.  Love the smell.  Refreshing!  I may buy this.

•Vichy Liftactiv Night (0.51 fl oz)

The conditioner we received is a gwp at Nieman Marcus, you have to spend $150 in Bulgari in order to get it.

At least ya'll got your boxes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have no box, and response from Glossybox, I've tried email, IG, FB etc. Nothing. However I don't think it's Glossy's fault.

I filed an investigation with USPS, I'm supposed to hear back in 2 business days.  I learned a helpful fact when calling USPS customer service, they said if something scans as delivered and you don't get it call USPS Customer service right away and file an investigation. They said trying to deal with or investigate with your local post office isn't going to be very successful since they're so busy with other customer service items, so it's best to get an investigation going right away.

Anyway, I'm not super jazzed about anything in this box, I'd just like an answer of some sort from GB OR USPS.  I'd really love credit or a refund but I highly doubt GB is going to offer it.

Perhaps irrelevant but...

The same thing happened to me with three separate Birchbox purchases earlier this year. I had a PO Box and Birchbox shipped the orders via UPS. UPS tracking said "Delivered-left on porch," which was weird because I didn't have a porch or a street address. After many phone calls, I figured out that UPS had "delivered" the packages to a UPS sorting facility. UPS then mailed a postcard to my PO Box (it took a while to get the postcards--maybe 5 to 7 days after tracking status was "Delivered") and I had the option of driving to the facility and claiming the packages -or- calling them and providing them with a street address.
I don't have a PO Box, I have an apartment in the back of a building on the second floor that backs up to a fenced in area. My usual carrier places packages that don't fit in my mail box on my door step upstairs (I have two doors, an apartment front door and a door downstairs - hallway/breezeway door. Lazier substitute carriers have left packages at the bottom of the stairs and if you open my breezeway/hallway door you can easily swipe the package, granted it's pretty ballsy since you have to walk past other apartments with it.

If you stand at the bottom of my stairs leading to my apartment and my carrier pushes the packages all the way to the back of the landing upstairs you can't tell anything is up there and I've never had a problem with missing packages (in fact I had a package successfully delivered the very next day via USPS). However if the carrier doesn't feel like going up the stairs and the item doesn't fit in my box I'd rather them leave a package pick up slip in my mail box than leave it in an un-secure location.

Oh well.  We'll see what comes of my investigation.  This is a pain in the ass.

ETA: I'm an ass GB messaged me 15 mins ago via FB and said they were sending a replacement right away.  At least there is that.  I am still curious what USPS will say.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The conditioner we received is a gwp at Nieman Marcus, you have to spend $150 in Bulgari in order to get it.
I was looking for the conditioner for sale and just wasn't finding it on any major sites. (Except someone selling it through Amazon Marketplace.) Is this something they're releasing again? 

At least ya'll got your boxes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have no box, and response from Glossybox, I've tried email, IG, FB etc. Nothing. However I don't think it's Glossy's fault.

I filed an investigation with USPS, I'm supposed to hear back in 2 business days.  I learned a helpful fact when calling USPS customer service, they said if something scans as delivered and you don't get it call USPS Customer service right away and file an investigation. They said trying to deal with or investigate with your local post office isn't going to be very successful since they're so busy with other customer service items, so it's best to get an investigation going right away.

Anyway, I'm not super jazzed about anything in this box, I'd just like an answer of some sort from GB OR USPS.  I'd really love credit or a refund but I highly doubt GB is going to offer it.

I don't have a PO Box, I have an apartment in the back of a building on the second floor that backs up to a fenced in area. My usual carrier places packages that don't fit in my mail box on my door step upstairs (I have two doors, an apartment front door and a door downstairs - hallway/breezeway door. Lazier substitute carriers have left packages at the bottom of the stairs and if you open my breezeway/hallway door you can easily swipe the package, granted it's pretty ballsy since you have to walk past other apartments with it.

If you stand at the bottom of my stairs leading to my apartment and my carrier pushes the packages all the way to the back of the landing upstairs you can't tell anything is up there and I've never had a problem with missing packages (in fact I had a package successfully delivered the very next day via USPS). However if the carrier doesn't feel like going up the stairs and the item doesn't fit in my box I'd rather them leave a package pick up slip in my mail box than leave it in an un-secure location.

Oh well.  We'll see what comes of my investigation.  This is a pain in the ass.
I'm sorry to hear about your box crisis! It is a real bummer (and pain) when it doesn't arrive. I hope that sorts itself out.

GB boggles my mind as of late.

My last 3 month sub went thru September.  I signed up with the MSA promo on the 21st'ish of September for another 3 months.  Well, silly me, it was after the 15th so I ended up with two 3 month subs.  I emailed on a Saturday to ask if I would be getting two Sept boxes or if the new sub would start in October.  It's totally my fault for subbing again not knowing for sure that I wouldn't get dupes.  Since it was after the 15th, and I knew it, I took my lumps and knew that I'd have two subs thru November, and since my original sub re-upped it would end in December.  The CSR offered to cancel my order with the MSA code, but I just kept it.  Lesson learned.  Now my acct ONLY shows the MSA as the active sub.  My older sub was processed on the 19th of Sept, but never showed up in PayPal.  Maybe they actually cancelled my older sub.

Then...  I saw the Boscia BB promo and ordered a sub box for my mom.  (Yes, that's box #3.)  I knew she would love it and I would receive 500 points for referring someone -- which would equal half of a free box.  I should have enough Glossydots at this point to get two freebies.

Then yesterday I received an email stating (on my orig acct) that they forgot the Boscia and are sending another box with the cream at no charge (box #4).  Funny since I didn't sub that acct with the Boscia code, just the MSA code.

Thank goodness I can gift some of the Essie polishes and I love the lip tars and conditioner (makes a great body cream!!).  

I'm also thinking my friends will get a Benefit mascara for Christmas!  I'm swimming in it!

Did anyone else get that email about the missing Boscia?

I got that email.. Funny thing is I didn't use the BB code, I did a 3 month sub.. And I still have not received my original September box. Emailed and did two private messages on Facebook, my response gave me tracking and said my box was on it's way. Well I already had the tracking number from the email I got on Sept. 26th and it still says package has not been received.

Really liking the night cream.   Its got a balm like feel to it that seems to make it a pretty heavy duty moisturizer.  Love the smell.  Refreshing!  I may buy this.

•Vichy Liftactiv Night (0.51 fl oz)
I gave my mom the sample from the box I had shipped to her.  She's in love!  I figure I have so many samples that she can have all of the Vichy.  ALL FOUR of them!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

GB overload over here!!!

I got that email.. Funny thing is I didn't use the BB code, I did a 3 month sub.. And I still have not received my original September box. Emailed and did two private messages on Facebook, my response gave me tracking and said my box was on it's way. Well I already had the tracking number from the email I got on Sept. 26th and it still says package has not been received.
I received box #4 yesterday (the freebie box).  I'll give GB credit, I managed to get two of the pink Essie/orange'ish OCC and two red Essie/Black Dahlia OCC.  I didn't get tracking for the freebie if I remember correctly.  I was sort of bummed that I couldn't review it for even MORE dots!

Sadly the Boscia cream is too dark for mom.  She's a lovely olive skinned woman with gorgeous light green (think jade) eyes.  I'm fair to light with greenish brown eyes.  It definitely won't work for me unless I steal a tan.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gave my mom the sample from the box I had shipped to her. She's in love! I figure I have so many samples that she can have all of the Vichy. ALL FOUR of them! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

GB overload over here!!!
I keep getting that sample and have traded for it. I always end up giving them to my mom who loves tgat cream. I have 1 or two now and I think she has a couple too so I may finally try it when I finish the current cream I am using.

I keep getting that sample and have traded for it. I always end up giving them to my mom who loves tgat cream. I have 1 or two now and I think she has a couple too so I may finally try it when I finish the current cream I am using.
Ulta had a GWP of the day cream and since I needed to run out and get some thermal water I popped in to snag one.  It's the same exact size/style of the night cream sample we received.  Mom took the first one, so I went out and grabbed another one from Ulta (bought the Micellar water this time).  Scent is similar and just as awesome as the other.  I'm glad to gift this stuff to her as she's had a horrible year.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  She was diagnosed with pretty advanced COPD in December, ended up on countless rounds of steroids and in a nursing home 2 months after the COPD thing.  She's had to give up her house and move to an apt near my house (she moved out of the nursing home in June).  Her spirit was so broken that it is so touching to see she's finding joy in the smallest things.  If she keeps using this she is DEFINITELY getting a full size for Christmas!

Back