Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 5 surveys finally showed up and it's showing I'm getting Authentic/ Pink Essie, boo.  It only shipped yesterday so I would've assumed I'm getting the later Black Dahlia wave.  Is there any chance the surveys aren't correct?

Just got my Glossybox, and womp, womp.  Ended up with the pink nail polish/Authentic Lip Tar.  I sooooo wanted Black Dahlia!  Maybe I'll just have to straight up buy it.  I'm really not into metallics so much.

My 5 surveys finally showed up and it's showing I'm getting Authentic/ Pink Essie, boo.  It only shipped yesterday so I would've assumed I'm getting the later Black Dahlia wave.  Is there any chance the surveys aren't correct?
I had six items on two different surveys -- they were all fine except for both had the two variations of Bvlgari.  The Essie and OCC were spot on.

I'm loving GB right now--- we seem to have a luv/hate relationship..lol! My box was worth the wait-- I got the coveted black dahlia... Now I'm just trying to figure out how to apply it. I'm loving the brush.. Is it crazy that I'm most excited with the brush out of the entire box?!? It's so cute & small-- will be perfect for my LMdB lip kaleidescope that goes with me everywhere :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, after all my mixed feelings about receiving the box  ~ I do like this box.  I don't know why I was not feeling it at first.  Perhaps I was set to get a SS box with nothing that excited me (canceled) or that I have been placing almost daily orders for products that have been coming with cool samples/promos.  But, back to regularly scheduled programming.....my glossybox love.

I am using all the items with the exception of the nail polish.  I just don't have the patience to do my nails.  But, I tried this color on a nail.  Its a beautiful, shiny cool toned red.  I almost want to get my toes done again.

I got two boxes yesterday and miraculously I got one of each plus the Boscia BB cream. I really like everything, but I am going to have to figure out that lip tar, especially the black one!

well my surveys said I was getting the light lip tar and lighter nail polish, and I got black dhalia and the darker nail polish.. so.... they weren't right :/

@ - Thank you. That makes me feel better. I didn't know I liked that BB Cream until this week. So, it didn't click that it was a promo.

I received my box on the last day of September. I got the black dahlia lip tar and the red Essie polish, which I'm really happy about. My subscription ends next month and although I liked this box, I don't think I'll be resubscribing. Between the shipping delays, having to keep up with when to unsubscribe before getting charged, and it being the most expensive beauty box I get, it's just not worth it right now.

I get a free box next month but I can't unsubscribe until after it ships, right? 

I really like the Authentic Lip Tar, it looks more bronzy on me than orange. I enjoy getting my Glossyboxes.

Argh! Been waiting forever for my box, finally got tracking updates that it was out for delivery and delivered today. Came home, no box. Whyyyyyy??

Guess I'm dropping by the post office tomorrow morning to find out what's what.

I got mine today, I agree Authentic came off bronzy on me which isn't that bad at all.  Possibly I'd even prefer it to Black Dahlia which isn't as wearable. 

I got the Boscia BB cream GWP and it is in bronze which is a tad too dark for me.  Oh well, great stocking stuffer for friends.

Glossybox seriously needs to work on their survey design.  Look at the age categories.  It goes from 31-35 to 36-30 to 36-40 (there's also a 26-30 so they're not missing one and there's not a single-digit typo).  I'm 36, which do I choose?  (On every single product.)

It asked what are my "go-to brands" for one question (forget which one) and then listed a handful of brands I don't regularly use for anything.  But I couldn't skip the question or pick "other" or fill in my own answer.

And then the nail polish survey asked whether I consider fragrance when I choose nail polish.  But didn't ask if I considered COLOR.  Actually, it looks like the nail polish survey was copied at least partially, without modification, from the lip tar survey.

I'm not even sure why I'm doing these, though.  I have a one-year sub.  It seems like too much hassle to cancel, then sign back up for month-to-month just to use the Glossydots.

And then the nail polish survey asked whether I consider fragrance when I choose nail polish.  But didn't ask if I considered COLOR.  Actually, it looks like the nail polish survey was copied at least partially, without modification, from the lip tar survey.

I'm not even sure why I'm doing these, though.  I have a one-year sub.  It seems like too much hassle to cancel, then sign back up for month-to-month just to use the Glossydots.
. Maybe use the glossydots to "buy" an extra gift box if a good one comes up?

Back