Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my shipping notification as well.  I don't think backdoor tracking gives that much of an advance notice anymore.  In any event, I am guessing my box will be here October 1st or 2nd.  

@@MaryW86 -   If you are waiting on your first box, you cannot do it.  However, if you have an order history, back order tracking is possible.

Copy your current order number.  Go into an previous order and click on the tracking number.  This brings you to a tracking screen.  Remove the tracking number and replace it with the current order number.  If there is activity, something will appear.
I do have an order history.  Thank you letting me know how to do this.  It's funny because right after I posted that I received my shipping notification! lol

So..  I received tracking today and my box is at Newgistics in Fishers, IN, about 5 miles from my house.  Grr.

I went on GB to look at something on my account -  @@Saffyra - I pulled the trigger on the MSA deal and ended up with TWO 3 month subs.  I emailed and they said they couldn't stack them, but would happily refund the last sub which was the discounted one.  I knew I was playing with fire when I subbed, but it was on Saturday and their CS dept was closed.  Oh well, I guess I have duplicate boxes b/c I'll hopefully get several things I love and will try to trade the rest.

Anyhoo, when I pulled up my account I saw my products -- all SIX of them...

Benefit
Bvlgari Conditioner
AND
Bvlgari Parfumee
Essie in She's Pampered
Black Dahlia
Vichy

I should have my box Monday or Tuesday! Can't wait to see this!

Yeah, I did email them and they said nope they wouldnt extend my sub because the promo was specifically for the September box.  It's such a good deal though so I gave the code to my sister to use since she's been wanting a sub box of her own.

Im hoping they do it again, though. 

Yeah, I did email them and they said nope they wouldnt extend my sub because the promo was specifically for the September box.  It's such a good deal though so I gave the code to my sister to use since she's been wanting a sub box of her own.

Im hoping they do it again, though. 
This whole thing is just weird.

I also noticed that my acct now says that my sub ended in Sept and a new one starts in Sept.  There is no mention of the original sub.  Sept was the last month of my orig 3 mo sub and it renewed on the 19th for Oct-Dec.  I'm wondering if the CS guy was able to go ahead and cancel my old renewal even though he told me he couldn't -- only the newest one.  I guess I'll wait and see how many Oct boxes show up!  (And I could monitor PayPal to see if the $60 ever bills.)

I could just slap myself.  Grrr.

I cancelled my 6 month Glossybox subscription on 8/11 and today I realized that my subscription was continued and my credit card charged even though it shows "cancelled" on the account page. The last month on my previous subscription was the August box.

I only realized when I received a shipping notification in my email today.

Have any of you experienced this before?

I cancelled my 6 month Glossybox subscription on 8/11 and today I realized that my subscription was continued and my credit card charged even though it shows "cancelled" on the account page. The last month on my previous subscription was the August box.

I only realized when I received a shipping notification in my email today.

Have any of you experienced this before?
When I cancelled my 3 month sub ending in Sept my cancellation page said that my sub will end in Dec - meaning they were going to charge me for another 3 months even though I cancelled well before the deadline.  I had to call it in to make sure that it was cancelled.  They already did it once to me (the last 3 months was because they charged me after I cancelled).  I didn't even know I was getting another 3 months until I saw the money deducted from my bank account.  I would call in if I were you.  They don't seem to take cancellations seriously.  

Also, ask for a cancellation # as proof or have them email you the cancellation that you can retain as proof.  One of the ways that freecreditreport screws people (like my parents) over is when you sign up for their free credit report and then cancel before getting the monthly charge - they don't automatically give you a cancellation # so when you get charged again you have no real proof that you cancelled.  My parents would call in and cancel every month and every month get charged until I called the bank and they explained the whole freecreditreport bs to me and cancelled my parent's debit card to stop any further charges.  The guy on the phone said that this is a very common problem with places like freecreditreport.  And honestly, in my personal experience with GB, GB cs feels like that 99% of the time.

Well it appears this round of boxes have the red nail polish and the black dahlia lip tar. Hooray! I accidentally double ordered, one through Harper's and one through Glossybox and managed to receive both box varieties. Super excited!

I think I am going to cancel my sub and signup later with a code.  I want to continue to receive glossy (I think) but, don't want the $60/3 month charge. 

My items are showing in the surveys.

They’re Real! Mascara BENEFIT

Eau Parfumée Au thé Blanc Conditioner BVLGARI

She's Pampered ESSIE (She's Pampered)

'Black Dahlia' Lip Tar

Eau Parfumée au thé vert conditioner BVLGARI

LiftActiv Night VICHY

When I cancelled my 3 month sub ending in Sept my cancellation page said that my sub will end in Dec - meaning they were going to charge me for another 3 months even though I cancelled well before the deadline.  I had to call it in to make sure that it was cancelled.  They already did it once to me (the last 3 months was because they charged me after I cancelled).  I didn't even know I was getting another 3 months until I saw the money deducted from my bank account.  I would call in if I were you.  They don't seem to take cancellations seriously.  

Also, ask for a cancellation # as proof or have them email you the cancellation that you can retain as proof.  One of the ways that freecreditreport screws people (like my parents) over is when you sign up for their free credit report and then cancel before getting the monthly charge - they don't automatically give you a cancellation # so when you get charged again you have no real proof that you cancelled.  My parents would call in and cancel every month and every month get charged until I called the bank and they explained the whole freecreditreport bs to me and cancelled my parent's debit card to stop any further charges.  The guy on the phone said that this is a very common problem with places like freecreditreport.  And honestly, in my personal experience with GB, GB cs feels like that 99% of the time.
I emailed Glossybox last night, and this morning, I received an email from them saying that I was charged because of a "glitch" in their system, so they're refunding the charge. I'll be watching my credit card account next week to make sure the refund comes through.

Is it weird that everyone seems to be getting 2 BVLGARI? I got my box and only got 1.  But I got all the rest.  My lip tar is in Authentic (not really a color for me, personally, but may try it). 

EDIT: I'm jealous if people got Dahlia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something? I thought we could buy gift boxes on our account for $12?  I was considering buying another bc this color is not going to work and I thought I would risk a 2nd box.

No they've changed the gift box to $25!

My box just arrived and I got all three variations I didn't want. I guess it was bound to happen sometime! On the plus side, I do really love the Vichy cream. It's made my skin feel velvety. 

Totally! I'd be picking up another box this month if it was only $15 =(

Glossybox replied to my complaint this morning.  My box did ship on 9/25 and is expected to get here next week sometime.  I'll get the October box and see how I feel about that box.  I do like that Glossybox usually includes at least one full size makeup item and it has introduced me to brands I've not heard of before.   

But, their shipping issues and the billing problems people have had are troubling.   I might resub if November spoilers look good.  As for September, it sounds like those receiving the later boxes will get the Black Dahlia lip tar?  That's a much better color for me.  Though I loved the pink Essie and have so many reds that I'm not all that excited about getting another (I got a red polish in Glossybox last month, too).  

As an aside, I was browsing blogs last night and there's a UK box called "my little _______ box."  Each month has a theme, such as "My little sunset box" or "my little Paris box".   The box itself is adorable and is a nice mix of makeup and lifestyle products.  I would link, but I know there are a lot of rules on this forum about linking to other bloggers.   I'd be all over that one if we had it in the U.S.     :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back