Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZoomButt.gif

Got the pink nail polish and the Authentic (orange-bronzy) tar, was initially blah, but then I put on the lip tar and I really liked it!  I don't do well with corals and thought this would be awful.   But it wasn't!  It's not as dramatic as Black Dahlia but it's very wearable for work.  

I remember watching Sex n' the City and Samantha was wearing black and a orange-bronzy (not corally) lip color and I thought it warmed up the black dress nicely and looked really classy.  I wear tones of black, grey and brown, while the Black Dhalia would be dramatic, might be inapporpriate for work in the courts and with DAs and ADAs.  So this will be excellent for the fall and winter.  Of course if Black Dhalia fell on my lap I'd do a little victory hip-jiggle and wear it out for sea-food themed cocktails in NOL when I visit beau! 

On the nail polish, the hot pink seemed unpromising at first glance, as I've received similar from all sub and samling programs for the past 3 months.  But then I looked at it in the sun and noticed that it's got tinsy silver or iridescent shimmers, now I'm into it!  

Still though, I would LOVE me a basic red.

Oh, got the Blanc in the conditioner, luv how that smells.  

ZoomButt.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the Authentic lip tar and pink Essie today. I was actually relieved to see the lip tar color because there's a Black Dahlia mini size in the Give Me More Lip set at Sephora that I've been wanting....

I received the Authentic lip tar and pink Essie today. I was actually relieved to see the lip tar color because there's a Black Dahlia mini size in the Give Me More Lip set at Sephora that I've been wanting....
I didn't even notice that! Thanks for pointing that out! Now I won't feel so bad when I receive Authentic, as I'm about 99% sure that's what I'll end up with.

I was thinking of getting another GB if there's a good chance of getting the alternate box, but do not want to pay $25 for a gamble... 

That looks like a really good set!  I've been wanting the Tarte's Moody forever!  I bought it and returned it because I couldn't justify $25 for it.. 

I like the Suger color too.  I like wines, berries and maybe one of the rouge.  I Could probably trade out the rest, tempting...

Does anyone have an idea what shade the "Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Liquefied Long Wear lipstick" is?  Would love the orchid/purple but this one looks like a magenta?

I was thinking of getting another GB if there's a good chance of getting the alternate box, but do not want to pay $25 for a gamble... 

That looks like a really good set!  I've been wanting the Tarte's Moody forever!  I bought it and returned it because I couldn't justify $25 for it.. 

I like the Suger color too.  I like wines, berries and maybe one of the rouge.  I Could probably trade out the rest, tempting...

Does anyone have an idea what shade the "Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Liquefied Long Wear lipstick" is?  Would love the orchid/purple but this one looks like a magenta?
I'm not certain, but I think the Too Faced is in Melted Fuchsia or Melted Candy. My money is on the former from the photos, though.

I received the same variation that's been mentioned above. I'm a bit bummed by my lip color, but I think I'll still try it out to see if it's something I'd even like (before I start searching for my preferred color).

I too received the same pink/authentic combo, the lip tar look awful on me =( not sure this one can be worked through...if anyone finds a good combo that makes this use able for darker skin please post it!!

mine just shipped...keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get the orange or the pink lol - I'd much prefer the other colours but I have yet to hear of anyone getting any other combo.

*Venting* still no sign of my box, makes me mad that since I bought a years sub in April and got locked in, my box seems to ship later and later. I'm at the point that I'm bored with the whole process of waiting such a longtime especially since I paid for all my boxes months ago. Now by the time I get it a box I'm not excited that its finally made it to my doorstep. Seem like I'm overloaded with mascara, nail polish, lip gloss, face creams, and hair product samples. Wish they'd throw in a larger variety of different things.

So much for an early box...it's supposed to be delivered between 9/12 and 9/24 but it's still in pack mode!

@ ~ Yeah, I have been stalking it which only leads to disappointment.  I wouldn't mind except the estimated date said 9/19 which just sets the wrong expectation.  The expected date has always been exaggerated for me.  The boxes have come well before.  I have a feeling this box will ship at the end of the week and arrive very beginning of October.  Same as last month.  My new normal with the 3 month sub.

Speaking of....I am going to switch my sub back to monthly. But, I don't see anyway of doing that.   My sub ends with the October box.  Do I have to wait until October to change it?

I'm still waiting on mine, too. The site is still showing it in the "packing" phase. I'm so impatient! 

Also, I had a subscription but cancelled it and then a coupon code came up so I resubscribed with a different email. I had two charges from my account so I suppose that I didn't cancel in time and I will get two boxes. The only problem is that when I look at my other account it doesn't show anything but a cancelled sub. I sure hope since they charged me for two, I will get two. I guess I could email customer service.

GLOSSYBOX 20% Off Coupon Code
Use coupon code “FALL14” to save 20% off a 3,6 or 12-month glossybox subscription! That would make the cost of an annual subscription only $14.67 per box which is pretty good - BUT I won't use it as I think the sub has to start and mine isn't finished yet. - I don't want any extra boxes right now so I'm just going to be patient.

I managed to get this deal in November last year (black friday sale) so I'm hoping I will be able to find another deal then.

*Venting* still no sign of my box, makes me mad that since I bought a years sub in April and got locked in, my box seems to ship later and later. I'm at the point that I'm bored with the whole process of waiting such a longtime especially since I paid for all my boxes months ago. Now by the time I get it a box I'm not excited that its finally made it to my doorstep. Seem like I'm overloaded with mascara, nail polish, lip gloss, face creams, and hair product samples. Wish they'd throw in a larger variety of different things.
No sign of my box either.  I've totally given up on worrying about it. . . last month my tracking notice wasn't even valid.  My box shipped two weeks after I got my original notice, yet other people were already receiving their September HB box.  My guess is that I won't get my September box until October. 

You might send an email to customer service if you don't get your box this month.  Last month, they credited me with 200 Glossydots (which I guess they are just valid for a free box?)    

** As an update, I just checked my account and it appears my box isn't expected to be delivered until October 13th!!!   Seriously?   What's going on with Glossybox that they can't deliver boxes even close to on time?  I sent them an angry email and told them this is unacceptable.  I'm definitely canceling, only I'm 40 points away from being able to redeem for a free box.  I'll get my free box and then that's it, I'm done.  It's a shame. . Glossybox had so much promise in the beginning.   

I just tried backdoor tracking and its working.  There is a box for me.  It won't be here until next week but, it is on its way!

@@MaryW86 -   If you are waiting on your first box, you cannot do it.  However, if you have an order history, back order tracking is possible.

Copy your current order number.  Go into an previous order and click on the tracking number.  This brings you to a tracking screen.  Remove the tracking number and replace it with the current order number.  If there is activity, something will appear.

I finally got a notification that my box has shipped. We'll see if it gets here before October!

Back