Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that have redeemed your Glossydots for an additional box, is it a duplicate of your original box, or can it vary (if there's varying items/colors like September's box)?
It can vary, matters if you space it out from the shipment of your sub box.

Hello all, I have a question and I hope someone can help me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They tried to charge me for September, but  I got an email saying that they couldn't process my payment, which is strange because they were able to charge me for August. I use Paypal for it and when I tried to go in and reload my info, the page only let me put in a credit card, which I don't have. Has anyone experienced this before? I wanted to ask here first because I figured you guys would be way more efficient and helpful than their customer service, lol.

Thanks a million! 

http://prettyshinysparkly.com/harpers-bazaar-glossybox/

Saw this.... Is the clutch included? How does this person already have a box?
I haven't heard anything about a clutch up until this point, but she probably got sent an early box for review as a blogger. Hmm... if the bloggers are talking about a clutch in the subscription box, then I would imagine everyone will get one, or Glossy will have a lot of p.o.'ed customers! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know you could order the box directly through Harper's Bazaar...I wonder if that makes any difference in what comes in the box.  That was the first mention I had seen of a clutch.  Boxes should start shipping very soon so I guess we will find out!

I think they purchased the box and clutch. The clutch is $125, so I highly doubt it comes with the box. Is the red polish an option, or is it just the pink?

It doesn't sound like the clutch is included, but it's still nice to see photos of the actual stuff. I thought the lip tars looked dark, but the reviewer says they're sheer, so I might try it after all. It's certainly not the best collab they've ever done, but it's a nice box all the same. 

I'm most excited for the lip tar. I think I want the black dahlia, I like how you can customize your color.

That's a totally misleading review. She answered a few questions and replied to some comments, but when people were commenting on the bow clutch ( which costs $125 and is not included in the box) she says-- NOTHING.

Glad I do not follow this woman's blog as this is lying by omission in the way she reviewed the box with the clutch and never said it was an extra purchase.. Not that I would ever expect the item to be included but some people are using her link to subscribe because they think the clutch is part of the Glossybox. That's so sad for her to do.

I think it's a very nice Glossybox and since I LOVE Bvlgari, I am looking forward to getting my box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please, GB. Send me the Black Dahlia.

I'm glad to see the Bvlgari product is so much bigger than the shower gel they sent us in a past box. As fancy as Bvlgari is, I'm not sure how I feel about being given a hotel toiletry item. Ah, well. The bottle's pretty. I hope I get a conditioner rather than the shampoo.

Here is mine.  Not sure if I need to spoiler this or not, so I did.

IMG_6050.jpg
Also, the polish will be in either Madison Ave-Hue or She's Pampered.  I think the other variations were already mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know where else to ask this...

I cancelled my GB subscription yesterday and Sept should be my last month but I just checked my email and it says that Dec is my last month (I bought a 3 mon sub in July).  On their website it says that to opt out of renewing my sub I'd need to cancel by Sept 14 (Sun) because they'll start charging Sept 15 (Mon).  I tried calling but it's after business hours and I really don't want to get charged.  Has anyone been in this situation, were you charged even though you cancelled before the deadline?  Did they refund you?

I ordered an extra box from the Harper's Bazaar site, and that box has already shipped via UPS. No tracking for my regular subscription box yet.

My box is in pack mode and its due to be received on 9/19.   I bet I get it before as the estimated date is usually later than the date I actually receive it.  Cool.

Back