Glossybox September 2014: Harper's Bazaar (Limited Edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a "September Spoiler" location on the GLOSSYBOX page.   It reveals all of the products with a very clear picture.  I know we already know the contents but, its the best picture I have seen.  

I got my box.. I got the ugly orange OCC lip tar.. :-(   I haven't even swatched it because I plan to give it away/trade it or something..  I do like the nail polish color I got.. and I love the Benefit They're Real mascara -- even though I already have a tube open plus a back up waiting to be opened.. travel size items are always nice.. it was an okay month..

@@dash4 - Mine hasn't' even shipped.  Its suppose to be here tomorrow.  So much for that.  Is the OCC lip tar really ugly orange?  I was hoping to get that one because it looked like a nude color.   Crap-ola.  I don't think I will like either color.  

The best thing about the lip tars is you can change the color, I mix them together or with other glosses to make the color I want. If you end up with one (and aren't going to trade it) try playing with it first. I've had a few colors that I was at first UGH about that really work well for me. 

Wait, I don't understand the love for lip tars.  Are they water proof or something?  Otherwise it seems like a bit of a hassle to apply.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]@@liilak T[/SIZE]hey are like a stain and last forever, but they don't really dry my lips out. Also you can go light or dark with the same one and still have the staying power.

So I got that coupon from MSA for $45 for 3 months.  Except I have a current 3 mo sub that ends on October.  Is there a way to add on to my current 3 month sub or will I just end up with 2 Sept and 2 Oct boxes if I do this?

I'm wondering if I cancel my 3 month sub and then resub on that particular sub account will it let me use a code? Or would I have to start a whole new one?  I'm afraid to cancel and then discover I can't.  I probably wont use the code bec I don't need two glossyboxes a month :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box! I got the Authentic/Madison Ave-Hue/Au the Blanc version, and I am actually quite happy.. I would have never worn that Black Dahlia Lip Tar. But I am curious. Has anyone with a sub received the other variation yet? I don't even remember what the other Essie color was, but I m not a huge fan of the pink. However, I do not like Au the Vert as much as the Blanc, so I guess what I m wondering is, were there only the two variations? If so I am happy with mine! :smilehappyyes:

So I got that coupon from MSA for $45 for 3 months.  Except I have a current 3 mo sub that ends on October.  Is there a way to add on to my current 3 month sub or will I just end up with 2 Sept and 2 Oct boxes if I do this?

I'm wondering if I cancel my 3 month sub and then resub on that particular sub account will it let me use a code? Or would I have to start a whole new one?  I'm afraid to cancel and then discover I can't.  I probably wont use the code bec I don't need two glossyboxes a month

Sorry if this is totally obvious, but what is MSA and could you share the code? I may want to purchase extras for Christmas gifts...$15 is a good deal, now that they jacked up the gift boxes.

*My Subscription Addition (duh) I was just looking over the pet subs on there today!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm wondering if I cancel my 3 month sub and then resub on that particular sub account will it let me use a code? Or would I have to start a whole new one?  I'm afraid to cancel and then discover I can't.  I probably wont use the code bec I don't need two glossyboxes a month

Sorry if this is totally obvious, but what is MSA and could you share the code? I may want to purchase extras for Christmas gifts...$15 is a good deal, now that they jacked up the gift boxes.

*My Subscription Addition (duh) I was just looking over the pet subs on there today!
Yep, you are right.  And the code is unique but if i end up not being able to use it I will PM you with it.  I have to make my decision by Sunday (it expires then).

@@dash4 - Mine hasn't' even shipped.  Its suppose to be here tomorrow.  So much for that.  Is the OCC lip tar really ugly orange?  I was hoping to get that one because it looked like a nude color.   Crap-ola.  I don't think I will like either color.  
It looks very orange in the tube, but evildrporkchop has actually swatched it, so she knows better than I do. I do not like shimmery lip products at all - or oranges... I actually prefer a matte lip.. so I won't be opening mine to test it, because I really don't think I will like it.

I got the Essie Madison Ave-Hue nail polish (the pink one) and it is beautiful.. I really don't want any more nail polishes, but I am glad I got this one, because the color is just gorgeous.. not really a "fall" color though but I don't change my nail color/makeup to go with the seasons anyway.

ARGH! I signed up for a three month subscription, where my last box is in October. I cancelled a few weeks ago because of their new billing policies (getting billed two months in advance is not cool). Now it's showing on my account that I have no active subscriptions and I don't know if that means I'm still getting two more boxes or if they idiotically stopped my three month sub. I've only received one box so far. :angry:

ARGH! I signed up for a three month subscription, where my last box is in October. I cancelled a few weeks ago because of their new billing policies (getting billed two months in advance is not cool). Now it's showing on my account that I have no active subscriptions and I don't know if that means I'm still getting two more boxes or if they idiotically stopped my three month sub. I've only received one box so far. :angry:
I've had this happen before and got the rest of my boxes. You can shoot them an email to ease your mind though.

ALSO, is there a GB trade thread for Sept? Couldn't find one in the swap section. Desperately want Black Dahlia. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have we seen any with the red Essie & black dahlia combination? My guess is that it will be in the next waves.

I've had this happen before and got the rest of my boxes. You can shoot them an email to ease your mind though.

ALSO, is there a GB trade thread for Sept? Couldn't find one in the swap section. Desperately want Black Dahlia. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh good, that makes me feel better! It just made me nervous not seeing anything.

Do they ship the variations in batches?  Because my sister and I always get ours around the same time and we always get the exact same products/colors.  Except this time she got her box last week and mine has yet to ship.  That would be excellent if this were the case because I love red nail polish and I am really hoping for the red/black lip tar.

Do they ship the variations in batches? Because my sister and I always get ours around the same time and we always get the exact same products/colors. Except this time she got her box last week and mine has yet to ship. That would be excellent if this were the case because I love red nail polish and I am really hoping for the red/black lip tar.
Looking at Instagram it does seem like they typically ship the variations in batches. I hope you get the variation you're looking for! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back