Golden Tote

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also on the east cost so I guess I can anticipate a 3-week wait.
Yeah, I went back and checked some of my past totes to be sure...for example, I ordered a tote on May 5, it shipped on May 15, and I received it on May 21...so maybe closer to 2.5 weeks.  April's tote took right at 2 weeks. Still a long wait, but worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sad! I was busy at noon so couldn't get on until 1:30, when both tops I ad hoped for were sold out in my size.

I wasn't going to get a tote this month.  But then I saw that it was in the $49 tote lol
THIS WAS MY EXACT REACTION. Hahaha, I totally would have passed this month if it hadn't been in the $49 tote. 

I am so sad! I was busy at noon so couldn't get on until 1:30, when both tops I ad hoped for were sold out in my size.
Keep checking! Sarah (one of the owners) is super active in the FB group and has been restocking all day!! I ended up adding a bralette (I think we received them in April??) because I have given up on wearing regular bras even with my big boobs haha!

Now the agonizing wait!! I am in Phoenix, so thankfully I usually get my totes pretty quickly once they ship, but UGH the two weeks is killlller.

@rachelshine  I'm a little jealous-how about I ordered right at 12p (12:03 maybe?!?)  and the bralettes were not available?!?!?  I would have totally added on one!!!

I ordered the Navy/White Aphrodite dress in xsml/sml (and they are sold out so I'm glad I did)  and the white garden floral dress.

FYI to group-I usually wash all my GT items in a delicate cycle and hang dry--but I did this with the weekender pants on the gentle cycle AND THEY SHRUNK without any heat or putting them in the dryer, so beware.

My tote should arrive next Thursday, woohoo!!

THIS WAS MY EXACT REACTION. Hahaha, I totally would have passed this month if it hadn't been in the $49 tote. 
I wasn't going to get a tote this month.  But then I saw that it was in the $49 tote lol
I REALLY wanted this dress and didn't get it.....and now they are sold out in my size :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am also hoping they restock by payday Friday so I can get the 49.00 tote with the puella sing dress in my size....totally regret not ordering this dress right now!!

@rachelshine  I'm a little jealous-how about I ordered right at 12p (12:03 maybe?!?)  and the bralettes were not available?!?!?  I would have totally added on one!!!

I ordered the Navy/White Aphrodite dress in xsml/sml (and they are sold out so I'm glad I did)  and the white garden floral dress.

FYI to group-I usually wash all my GT items in a delicate cycle and hang dry--but I did this with the weekender pants on the gentle cycle AND THEY SHRUNK without any heat or putting them in the dryer, so beware.

My tote should arrive next Thursday, woohoo!!
Order now and then send an email to [email protected] with the subject line - Added Accessories, Please Ship With My Order! along with your two order numbers

They should remove 1 of your shipping charges and ship it with your tote :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

SO tempted to get the Puella swing dress in the $49 tote. 
AND this is the only reason I got a tote! When I saw it in the boutique for ~$80, it seemed to be a $149 option, and I've spent too much for that! But, I think this is such a good dress to throw on.  When I realized it was in the $49 tote, I had no second thoughts!! I was planning on trying to buy it off someone in the swap group anyways, but this way was easier AND I get a surprise item :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My thought is they priced this high in the boutique because when they priced the Puella Maxi low in the boutique, everyone ordered it before the tote opened, and I think they were trying to avoid that same reaction. 

Order now and then send an email to [email protected] with the subject line - Added Accessories, Please Ship With My Order! along with your two order numbers

They should remove 1 of your shipping charges and ship it with your tote :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Follow up question-Were the bralettes at a discounted price because you added them on to your tote?

Follow up question-Were the bralettes at a discounted price because you added them on to your tote?
Ohh, I ended up ordering separately. I doubt they were discounted though, $18 is pretty low. I did try to see by creating another tote, but there was no way to add on the bralette. I placed 2 orders. I haven't heard back from Katherine yet, it was just the instructions Sarah gave me from the FB group. I'll probably follow up with Katherine later this week. I am assuming they are just swamped with emails from the sale :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I bought the Puella Swing Dress and the Polka Dot top in green! 

I went out today and was talking to someone, and they asked how far along I was. I am wearing a Puella Swing top... lol. I said I'm not and then they went on about how maternity clothes are good to wear.

Um, not maternity.

Granted, she was probably in her mid-60's, so, I'm going to try to forget the comment. I'm 150 pounds, so I don't really look pregnant. I have hips, not belly. So, it was the shirt, especially since she mentioned maternity wear...

I love these tops so much. I'm not gonna stop wearing Puella swing stuff! XD They're so comfortable...

I guess older folks don't realize that younger people dress like this. >___> flowly tops and tighter pants/leggings are the best!

Older people can think I'm preggos all they want as long as I get to wear my Puella.

I went out today and was talking to someone, and they asked how far along I was. I am wearing a Puella Swing top... lol. I said I'm not and then they went on about how maternity clothes are good to wear.

Um, not maternity.

Granted, she was probably in her mid-60's, so, I'm going to try to forget the comment. I'm 150 pounds, so I don't really look pregnant. I have hips, not belly. So, it was the shirt, especially since she mentioned maternity wear...

I love these tops so much. I'm not gonna stop wearing Puella swing stuff! XD They're so comfortable...

I guess older folks don't realize that younger people dress like this. >___> flowly tops and tighter pants/leggings are the best!

Older people can think I'm preggos all they want as long as I get to wear my Puella.
That lady was seriously rude. How did she not get it and then go on after you said you weren't preggers?

I once had someone ask me when I was due and have since vowed to not ever ask that question of anyone - even if they are obviously 9 months pregnant.

This is the problem with swing dresses/shirts to me though, that's why I don't wear them.

Um, not maternity.

I've never seen a man ask a woman if she's pregnant, it's always been women asking. I think men have it drilled into their heads at a young age that you don't comment on this unless you want a sh!tstorm but the women I've seen do this think they're showing how intuitive or in touch with other women they are. I do love watching when a coworker explains that no, they're not pregnant it's just the clothing/a food baby/fat/puking from food poisoning and then making the faux psychic squirm.

Working in science there's more of a concern regarding women working while pregnant due to certain chemicals than in a typical office, so certain coworkers are constantly on belly watch. These coworkers are also the lab gossip-mongers so their interest isn't altruistic, despite what they claim.

This is funny. My six year old nephew asked me if I was pregnant today. I immediately changed tops and put the one I was wearing in the donation pile.

Recently got my surprise only tote, I was nervous after seeing 3 others but it was awesome! It had great variety, some shorts with what looks like the print from the puella pants(shorts not by puella) a plaid buttoned top ,a dress with little ducks and a cardigan.thought I'd let everyone know since it seems to be hard to.find reviews for this bag. Also, anyone else bummed that the polka dot shirt is sold out:(

Recently got my surprise only tote, I was nervous after seeing 3 others but it was awesome! It had great variety, some shorts with what looks like the print from the puella pants(shorts not by puella) a plaid buttoned top ,a dress with little ducks and a cardigan.thought I'd let everyone know since it seems to be hard to.find reviews for this bag. Also, anyone else bummed that the polka dot shirt is sold out:(
Ohhh can you post a picture?!?  I have not ordered a surprise tote yet.

@LadyManah  That's pretty sh!tty that an older lady asked if you were preggo, but I'm with you, I love how forgiving the swing dresses and tops and will keep wearing them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back