Goodebox - April 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We're shipping the May Goodebox starting today! We're so excited to launch a new program this month...You'll find out what it is when your box arrives!"

What did you think of the sunscreen we got?  I just tried it today for the first time, and at first it seems like it has a nice citrus scent, but then it seems like there is another unpleasant scent underneath it.  I actually threw it away, and then took it back out because I hate to waste it, but I'm still not sure if I can stand this smell.

The only thing I really liked from this box was the lip gloss.  I even ordered 2 more and love them.  I didn't like the shampoo or tea rinse at all, iffy on the conditioner.  I used all the body moisturizer in the little tub (can't remember exactly what it was - it had a nice grapefruity smell), but I don't think I'd buy it because it was so greasy feeling.  I sent the weleda creams to my mom because I have acne prone skin and didn't want to risk using a product with oil in it.

I'm not sure I'll keep Goodebox since the $15 price tag is kind of high for what I get. I was very happy with their customer service though, so I guess I'll see what comes in the next box before deciding for sure.  I would probably never have found the lip gloss without them, and I think it's my new favorite.

I haven't tried the sunscreen yet, I was waiting for pool weather to fully test it out.

I liked the lip gloss, but not so much that I would order one. I'll use it till it's gone.

I use the Weleda samples, but not for their intended use. Since I have about 4 of these sample subscriptions, I've been getting creative with all the skincare/moisturizer samples. I save the really nice ones (ie. Algenist/erno laszlo) for my face, and others I use on my body. FYI, the almond Weleda sample is great for razor burn!

The shampoo/conditioner/rinse experience was ok...but not one I would purchase. I recently discovered Gud products from Burts Bees, and am using the Shampoo/conditioner from their Vanilla line. While I loved the effect the peppermint conditioner had on my hair, I won a full sized Orofluido hair mask online, and have been loving that instead!

The Killa Vanilla Get Creamed Body lotion felt and smelled awesome, but when I visited the site to see the prices, I found that they are based in Canada and there is a $15 flat shipping fee to the states. So I had to decline, and bought the matching vanilla lotion for my Gud shampoo and Conditioner.

All in all a great box that opened a few doors to things I would not have otherwise tried.

The May boxes arrive any day, and they said Weleda supplied more samples to go with our regular box assortment because their last samples had an approaching expiration date. Yay for extras! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine has! It's now in Phoenix, just two hours away from where I live. It was shipped via first class mail which lately has been super fast! Like one day from other west coast cities! I didn't get my tracking til Saturday morning

I just signed up for this! I love that there was no waiting list. Thanks for the great reccomendations girls!

If I don't like this month's box I'm probably going to cancel. It should arrive sometime this week
smile.gif

Back