Goodies.Co April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really impressed with my box this month. I have two months of free boxes coming but I will probably cancel after that.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I got.  I'm eyeing it skeptically now.  Oh well, if I don't like it I'll just give it to my hubby.  He'll eat (drink?) anything.
Actually, it wasn't all that bad. We all tried it, and it reminded me a little of Kool-Aid. All we tasted was the raspberry, like a watered down fruit drink. Didn't taste the green tea or anything else.

So, I logged in to my Goodies acct and even though my box is on its way, (although now the website says to be delivered 5/5 and tracking now says 5/6 when they previously said 5/4 and 5/3) when I clicked on box it says " It seems like you didn't receive this box. Here's what you missed" silly Goodies. so now I know what box TWO holds.

Apricot Almond Bar

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar

Sweet & Salty Kettlecorn

Raspberry Acai Green Tea

Chai Bliss Almonds

Sweet Potato Multigrain Chips

$50 Wine GC
I have to say, I'm kinda excited to try everything in the box EXCEPT the chips. I very dislike sweet potatoes and no matter how many times/variations I've tried, I just can't.  Other than that, I'm happy with my box, I just wish they'd do something about the friggin shipping so late.

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I logged in to my Goodies acct and even though my box is on its way, (although now the website says to be delivered 5/5 and tracking now says 5/6 when they previously said 5/4 and 5/3) when I clicked on box it says " It seems like you didn't receive this box. Here's what you missed" silly Goodies. so now I know what box TWO holds.

Apricot Almond Bar

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar

Sweet & Salty Kettlecorn

Raspberry Acai Green Tea

Chai Bliss Almonds

Sweet Potato Multigrain Chips

$50 Wine GC
I have to say, I'm kinda excited to try everything in the box EXCEPT the chips. I very dislike sweet potatoes and no matter how many times/variations I've tried, I just can't.  Other than that, I'm happy with my box, I just wish they'd do something about the friggin shipping so late.
I am not a fan of the thing you very dislike but I actually enjoyed that item in this box!

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not a fan of the thing you very dislike but I actually enjoyed that item in this box!
Well good, I was going to give it a try anyway, but my expectations were not good...now I have hope! lol

I got my box today (box 6)...

A little sad because I wanted those chai almonds and the true bars! Instead, I got:

Wai Luna chips in Chili Lime

Sweet and salty popcorn (this was good!)

Zone Bar in Cookie Dough (I HATE COOKIE DOUGH, UGH)

White Chocolate Amaretto wafer cookie

Sweet Potato chips in sea salt

White Cheddar cheese sauce mix

A pretty blah box. I liked the the wafer cookie and the popcorn. I love nuts and wanted those almonds, and I like the fruit and nut type of bars but I haaate anything cookie dough or any bars like that. Oh well.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A little sad because I wanted those chai almonds and the true bars! Instead, I got:

A pretty blah box. I liked the the wafer cookie and the popcorn. I love nuts and wanted those almonds, and I like the fruit and nut type of bars but I haaate anything cookie dough or any bars like that. Oh well.
This box is waiting for me when I get home. I'm really excited for it even though I also am not a fan of cookie dough flavored things. Looking forward to everything else though!

My sister got her box today, and she said she got some bonus points added to her account (enough for a free box, and this is only her second month).  At least they're being consistent and giving bonus points again for people whose April boxes arrived in May.  Kind of wish mine had arrived one day later, lol.

With regard to the WINE CARD. Do your due diligence before using: everything I read on the web makes this deal and site sound like a giant ripoff, both how much you have to spend and what you get. And from those who posted after receipt and drinking, I read a lot of complaints. Being teetotal I have NOT repeat NOT used this site or card, but before I was going to share it with friends I did my research and NO, just NO. Just suggesting everyone do their own looking before diving in.

Alley

I got my box today (box 6)... A little sad because I wanted those chai almonds and the true bars! Instead, I got: Wai Luna chips in Chili Lime Sweet and salty popcorn (this was good!) Zone Bar in Cookie Dough (I HATE COOKIE DOUGH, UGH) White Chocolate Amaretto wafer cookie Sweet Potato chips in sea salt White Cheddar cheese sauce mix A pretty blah box. I liked the the wafer cookie and the popcorn. I love nuts and wanted those almonds, and I like the fruit and nut type of bars but I haaate anything cookie dough or any bars like that. Oh well.
That's funny. I got the chai almonds and true bar and wanted the white chocolate cookies and the cheese sauce. Too bad we didn't get each others boxes.

Got my box two:

cherry almonds

cashew coconut bar

Celsius cola

sweet potato chips

kettle corn

chocolate chip cookie dough zone bar

Not excited about the cherry almonds or the sweet potato chips, and coveting the cheese sauce. Ah, well, not a bad box really! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For anyone who doesn't want to try the sweet potato chips, I really encourage you to try them.  They taste like SunChips! I really don't like sweet potatoes... but I loved the Green Giant chips!

For anyone who doesn't want to try the sweet potato chips, I really encourage you to try them.  They taste like SunChips! I really don't like sweet potatoes... but I loved the Green Giant chips!
I gave them to my roommate and she said they tasted like potato Frosted Flakes. However, she loves sweet potatoes, so perhaps I would have liked them.

I thought the same thing, that they taste just like SunChips.

I love sweet potatoes and I can definitely say that they don't taste anything like sweet potatoes but that they do taste like SunChips. I'm so glad that other people think this too!

Originally Posted by BisousDarling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This box is waiting for me when I get home. I'm really excited for it even though I also am not a fan of cookie dough flavored things. Looking forward to everything else though!

Well, I tasted it and it is basically just a chunk of cookie dough. LOL. Probably good for those who like that... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got the 150 points.....although my box isn't expected to be to me until next week. ugh. And I was charged yesterday for this months box, of course.

I got the points.. I wont have my box until next week. Last month I did as well. Two months of subscribing and I have enough for a box. How do you redeem your points or do they do it automatically?

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I tasted it and it is basically just a chunk of cookie dough. LOL. Probably good for those who like that... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just ate it this morning for breakfast (well, as part of my breakfast) and yup, totally agree, tasted like a chunk of cookie dough. It was ok, but if I'm going to eat a chunk of cookie dough, I want the real stuff! I don't care about the salmonella poisoning!

Back