Goodies.Co April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by HayleeAstley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least there was a theme last month, this one just...I don't even know what the "theme" is. They didn't even send me a card describing all the items and the theme like they did last time. Also, I will not be using the gift card as I am 17, and my mom doesn't drink wine. So if you're interested, message me, however I might give it to my mom to give to one of her friends or something, so sorry if it's not available tomorrow!

Funny enough, I still feel like I got my money's worth, considering shipping is free and these are items I would have never bought on their own because my grocery store probably doesn't sell them. I've tried 2 out of 6 of the products and I'm satisfied so far and the rest of them sound good. Definitely keeping my subscription.
Yeah it REALLY bothers me that they were too cheap-o or overwhelmed or whatever to send a card describing the items. For info it tells me to go totheir website, where my LAST months box is still up.  Umm kthx, Goodies.

I think I will keep it till I get the points for a free box but then I'm out of here. The value is great but I can't deal with the late shipping, lack of product descriptions, and general feeling of plain old laziness I'm getting from this sub.

I just got a shipping notice, my box 2 is on its way, scheduled to be delivered march 4. Lol good thing I'm not holding my breath!

Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Popping back to say the Celsius drink is the grossest thing I've ever tasted.  Ever.
Really?! I was actually hoping to myself that I got the celsius drink. What flavor did they give you? I wouldn't have been too happy with the orange but I would have loved to try the cola.

Originally Posted by HayleeAstley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really?! I was actually hoping to myself that I got the celsius drink. What flavor did they give you? I wouldn't have been too happy with the orange but I would have loved to try the cola.
I got orange and I really liked it! I'm thinking of buying it locally if it's not too expensive.

Mine was Raspberry Acai Green Tea.  I highly recommend against trying that variation. Obviously I can't speak for the others.
Ok..that really does sound gross! 

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok..that really does sound gross! 
Haha I actually love raspberry flavored green tea, but I'm really not a fan of acai. I feel like it's going to ruin a perfectly good combo for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine was Raspberry Acai Green Tea.  I highly recommend against trying that variation. Obviously I can't speak for the others.
That's what I got.  I'm eyeing it skeptically now.  Oh well, if I don't like it I'll just give it to my hubby.  He'll eat (drink?) anything.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I got.  I'm eyeing it skeptically now.  Oh well, if I don't like it I'll just give it to my hubby.  He'll eat (drink?) anything.
This stuff is filled with stevia. Yuuuuck! I love unsweetened tea, or even tea with regular sugar, but once they start adding other stuff to it... it starts to taste nasty to me! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So my box did come today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the mail man made a second stop :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> yay

not a bad box some interesting treats I've never had before which is why i sign up for this box I just wish they were faster to get it out and maybe kept up with a theme for each box.

Just got finished trying the rest of my #10 box (except for the cheese sauce, I might make mac n cheese later this week!)

Angie's sweet and salty popcorn was delicious. If you like caramel corn, but hate how candy-like it can be, and you want a lighter, less sickly-sweet version, this is definitely for you.

The Zone choc. chip cookie dough bar - OMG, it tastes just like raw cookie dough and has chunks of real chocolate. It's absolutely divine. However, I knew something was up when I noticed how good it was. Protein bars always have that odd malted milk ball after taste, this didn't. Then I looked at the nutrition facts and I don't see how this could be healthy at all. It's got 18g of sugar and 30mg of cholesterol. I guess it's a good, less scary alternative to raw cookie dough, though.

The Green Giant sweet potato chips - These are basically sweet potato sunchips. Really mild sweet potato taste. I would definitely buy again as they're low in fat and are made with whole grain corn flour. I love anything made with whole grain. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i think my box is supposed to come tomorrow. I have enough points for a free box, but does anyone know what the 2nd level is for redeeming points? don't know if i should hold on to them or cash them in. 

after seeing the pics i'm not crazy excited. I think i'm going to cash points in and then cancel. 

I checked out the wine site and they made it sound like if you get a voucher it's like 50 off $200. I dunno- i don't want to join a wine club. We're trying for baby number 2 and my husband doesn't drink wine. I don't think it'd really be worth 30-40 bucks for 6 bottles of wine to sit on my counter for the next year. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think my box is supposed to come tomorrow. I have enough points for a free box, but does anyone know what the 2nd level is for redeeming points? don't know if i should hold on to them or cash them in. 

after seeing the pics i'm not crazy excited. I think i'm going to cash points in and then cancel. 

I checked out the wine site and they made it sound like if you get a voucher it's like 50 off $200. I dunno- i don't want to join a wine club. We're trying for baby number 2 and my husband doesn't drink wine. I don't think it'd really be worth 30-40 bucks for 6 bottles of wine to sit on my counter for the next year. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
goodies has confirmed there is no second tier before, so far they only have the free box

I'm getting box 2 and it isn't due to arrive until Sat, 5/4!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I found out I had a dairy sensitivity, so I have a feeling that a lot of the snacks will be out for me.  I'll have to give them to my daughter instead.  Not sure how much longer I'll be continuing.  I redeemed my point for a free box (which I'm pretty sure will be May's) and then I will cancel probably. 

just gave feedback and suggestion i know the FAQ. I think a suggestion is asking for an idea in the future. This does not answered nothing Cara P.replied: Hi Thank you for the note and for the feedback. Through the FAQs on our website, and questions we get to customer care, we provide full disclosure to our customers that we currently are not customizing boxes. If you have another suggestion as to where/how we could have made your personal experience better, we'd really appreciate hearing it. Thank you, The Goodies Co. Cara hate copy paste answers

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

goodies has confirmed there is no second tier before, so far they only have the free box
thanks for the info! i saw what's in the box. i think i'll claim my points and then bail. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back