Goodies.Co April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by randomlyreviews /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my box, #3. I'd say I'm fine with the contents for $7/ month (also, I have only March's box to compare to):

There are 6 items - I was familiar with a few of them, and the $50 wine gift card which definitely makes the box worth for me.

can you tell us whats in it?

Grr... they changed my expected ship date too!  I'm getting box 6 and they changed it from the 19th to the 25th.  Giving us an expected ship date is great... if it would actually be correct!  

I received box 5 today. The contents are:

$50 gc from Naked Wines

Frontier Crunchy Energizing Bites - Macadamia Pineapple Coconut

Angie's - Small batch Kettlecorn w/sea salt

Green Giant MultiGrain Sweet Potato Chips - Sea Salt

Zone Perfect Bar - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

TrueBar fruit & nut bar

1 can of Celsius - Sparkling Orange

Wonder what they'll do for those of us in southern states that aren't allowed to get alcohol coupons in the mail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received box 5 today. The contents are:
 $50 gc from Naked Wines Frontier Crunchy Energizing Bites - Macadamia Pineapple Coconut Angie's - Small batch Kettlecorn w/sea salt Green Giant MultiGrain Sweet Potato Chips - Sea Salt Zone Perfect Bar - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough TrueBar fruit & nut bar 1 can of Celsius - Sparkling Orange
LL
  Looks good! Can't wait for my box now.
I really hope I get the Green Giant chips in my box.

So, I have to say, I REALLY dislike the idea of being charged for something before I even get the previous thing I paid for, and being this will be my first box, I'm not sure I'll keep the sub if they don't start stepping up. Yesterday I had a ship date of 4/22. Today it's 4/26. Wonder what tomorrow will be?! Lol I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm listed for box 2.

I'm in Delaware and alcohol can't be shipped to me. They still sent me the gc/coupon. I was surprised to get it because even Cravebox said the one in the Girls Night would not be sent to those of us in certain states. Basically, I think we are just out of luck.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wonder what they'll do for those of us in southern states that aren't allowed to get alcohol coupons in the mail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in Delaware and alcohol can't be shipped to me. They still sent me the gc/coupon. I was surprised to get it because even Cravebox said the one in the Girls Night would not be sent to those of us in certain states. Basically, I think we are just out of luck.
frown.gif
Alcohol can be shipped to me. In TX you can't have coupons for alcohol. Makes the extreme couponer in my horribly sad.

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif
Seriously, Cravebox won't even send the Girl's Night In box to what... 14 different states, but Goodies will just throw in a wine GC and say "good luck"?  Especially because I don't think Goodies verified age as being over 21 like Cravebox did.  I've seen some people say they get the Goodies Box for one of their kids, can you imagine the look on their face when they open it up to find a wine card?  

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously, Cravebox won't even send the Girl's Night In box to what... 14 different states, but Goodies will just throw in a wine GC and say "good luck"?  Especially because I don't think Goodies verified age as being over 21 like Cravebox did.  I've seen some people say they get the Goodies Box for one of their kids, can you imagine the look on their face when they open it up to find a wine card?  
I know what you mean. I'm 18 and I don't know what I'll do with the GC. I might use it to buy my parents some wine.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am happy to (hopefully!) be getting the wine card, but in general I have to say I agree.

I can't have wine shipped to me either. I'm going to give mine to a friend in another state. Looks like $50 can go far on that site.

Well, in my son's case, I doubt he will even look at any of the paperwork or coupons! LOL. Unfortunately, if the wine card is a mail order item, I won't be able to use either of them as I live in a dry county. Maybe I could ship to my dad in CA and have him bring it to me ... hmmm.

I went to that website and signed up. Said I didn't have a code. Look here!

No problem, we've popped $40 in your account.
Okay, pointless gift card. It's not really a gift card. Pretty sure Naked Wines is paying Goodies to put this in there. XD I don't really care, but I hope they're not counting it toward the value of the box! As long as the other snacks add up to $7 I am OK. This is my first month, but it sure looks like a pretty sad box! I'm sad I missed the first boxes which all looked so good!

I just got a message saying my box has shipped! I hope it is good. I'm getting the wine GC already in my Cravebox, so I will probably give one to my mom.

Well, in my son's case, I doubt he will even look at any of the paperwork or coupons! LOL. Unfortunately, if the wine card is a mail order item, I won't be able to use either of them as I live in a dry county. Maybe I could ship to my dad in CA and have him bring it to me ... hmmm.
I was thinking about doing the same thing!

Originally Posted by wheeresstephani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know what you mean. I'm 18 and I don't know what I'll do with the GC. I might use it to buy my parents some wine.
I hope your parents appreciate what a nice daughter you are!  Lol that's awesome!

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, in my son's case, I doubt he will even look at any of the paperwork or coupons! LOL.

Unfortunately, if the wine card is a mail order item, I won't be able to use either of them as I live in a dry county. Maybe I could ship to my dad in CA and have him bring it to me ... hmmm.
Very true! I was thinking more of the parents' reactions!  I can't wait to see if Goodies gets all kinds of outraged Facebook posts (like Birchbox does on a regular basis).  I hope you can get that wine sent to you! (or your dad!)

Just received my shipped email! Hope I don't get the wine gift card, as I'm getting one in my Cravebox and we're not big wine drinkers. 
beer.gif

Back