Growing Out Your Hair Support Thread (don't forget pics!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew my hair out from a inverted bob (Dec 2006) and my longest layer is now bra length when wet. I keep getting that itch to get it chopped but I know if I do I'll be growing it out again.

Ugh, i hate that in between stage where you can't really do crap. If i can't put my hair up in a ponytail than is isn't the style for me.

Maybe someone can post hair treatment recipes that strengthened thier hair or caused some sort of significant growth

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I feel really sorry for the people who have to wait ages for their hair to grow out. My friend got her hair cut into a bob last year and it hasn't grown since then and she hates it.I have the opposite problem. My hair grows too fast. I'll have it cut and within a week it looks scruffy again. The only bit of my hair that doesn't grow is my fringe (bangs) which is SO annoying because when I had it cut I didn't get it cut in a style just your average blunt side fringe and now I regret not getting it cut like a proper side swept fringe but I have waited for over half a year for it to grow and it's only JUST got past my eyebrow *sigh* so it's at that awkward length where you need to cut it if you want to be able to wear it down and still see but you can't cut it 'cos then you'll never grow it out. I just thank god for hair grips lol

Lol. You sound like me! Had the same thing happen but with very short side-swept bangs (stupid lady cut them above my brow! when I specifically said nothing goes past my eye). This was last year, and it took ages for it to grow.
I'm contemplating cutting them again - but I dunno if I wanna go through the pain of growing it out, ha.

My hair is pretty long right now. I've been growing it out since a FUGLY military haircut in November of 2005. That was my last real cut, except for trims. It was right below my ears and the pic was last month.

Anyway, IDK how much more I can take because it's kinda thick, which makes it heavy and has been giving me headaches. So I'm trying not to wear it in updo's to avoid that. I'm too lazy and forgetfull to take vitamins, so it's natural for now.

Short hair does NOT suit me AT ALL, even though I think it's so cute on some people.

This took a minute, lol. My hair was darker and poofier when it was shorter.

I'm cutting it soon, just a more updated hair do, and then I want it about 5 inches longer, so it's still long if I wear it curly.

Mari, you are sexy with long hair! With the short hair you look like a teenager in the late 90's, lol.

Hahahaha, Mari. Ok, not laughing at you - with you
wink.gif

I totally love the length you currently have. I think it perfectly suits you.

My hair curly, atm - is about an inch below my shoulders. When I cut it back in December '07, it was below my chin when curly. So it has grown about 3/4 inches. GAH. That's forever! My armpit hair grows faster than that.

OMG Kat, I see it too
rofl.gif
! And just thinking about it makes me embarassed to live through the 90's lol!

Lol, tell me about it! I'm actually more sad that my mother dressed me in the horrible late 80's early 90's style when I was little. I hate looking at my old school pictures, and thinking back to some of the outfits she made me wear.

I still think my 80's outfits were cute
smile.gif
not so much the grungy 90's. I have a cute one I still love, it was that ghetto denim as a skirt and neon green fluffy stuff on my arms. It sounds gross but I was 3, so I still like it, I'll take a pic later.

I'm growing out my bangs and it f'n sucks. Everyday i go to work i look wee todd it! They are to my lips. To long to style, to short to pull back. I want them under my chin. I have always had bangs, ALWAYS.

i am growing my hair out since got a bob cut
frown.gif
...so annoying!especially trying to grow the back out and the layers....

heres a picture of me before my bob cut(im on the left):

Attachment 41019

heres a pic of me with my bob cut:

Attachment 41020

and now:

Attachment 41021

im hoping to grow it just a little bit past my boobs
biggrin.gif
im getting there but its sooooo slow
frown.gif
xx

I've been growing my hair out since...probably November of 2007. I've had it trimmed twice, and each time, they have taken off WAY too much, and basically started me back from the beginning again (I told them to leave all the length, and one of them cut it shorter than it has ever been before! AHH!). My hair grows ridiculously slow and it is fairly short (about ear level). I will be surprised it if touches my shoulder within the next 5 years. *shakes fist*

Omygosh, that sucks. Don't let them get away with it next time, get your money back lol. I hope it grows faster. It's only been 8 mo. so hang in there.

Does anyone smoke here? I've noticed that some older ladies I know that smoke, their hair doesn't grow at all. Or very very slow.

I had to search for the 2006 pic cause I don't have any pics from 2005 to 2006! I think the 2nd one was Nov/Dec 2006.

^Hair tends to grow faster during the summer, I read that somewhere years ago, and I believe it fully.

I had to cut my hair short, I was fed up of pony tailing my long below the bra strap straight hair of mines into a braid then gelling it down and stiffening up my hair with TIGI styling sprays and gels, now its feathered back short, (due to my military duties) and feel sorta better, at least I dont have to style it anymore, but I want to make it grow a little longer in the bangs, I was ticked off with this salon in our windward side (a supposingly 4 star salon) this salonist who chopped my bangs was also chop happy, luckily she reduced her price otherwise I wouldnt have paid her! I will NEVER Go there again!! Now, im LEARY of ANY salonist!!!

I used to have a bob and it grew back pretty quickly. My hair grows way too fast. I just wash my hair every second day and condition it every day.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Omygosh, that sucks. Don't let them get away with it next time, get your money back lol. I hope it grows faster. It's only been 8 mo. so hang in there.
Does anyone smoke here? I've noticed that some older ladies I know that smoke, their hair doesn't grow at all. Or very very slow.

I had to search for the 2006 pic cause I don't have any pics from 2005 to 2006! I think the 2nd one was Nov/Dec 2006.

wow, mari! your hair is beautiful! you've got to post your regimine! fantastic progress!

^ I wish I did something special. It might make it faster. Lol. I don't do anything, I do cut it myself once I see split ends, or before.

It sheds a lot too lol, but I have thick hair so I can spare some.

Also, I think it looks longer on me cause I'm really short.

okay so i have been growing out my hair for about a year now.

i had a bad bleach incident, i have cut off over 6 inched of hair (my hair grows really fast like 2 inches a month cuase it is crazy)

any way here is a starting picture and a more current picture

n24414706_31278645_5849.jpg

n27907152_32269166_8169.jpg

oh also incase anyone was wondering i use tons of protien treatments on my hair, cause my hair is pretty thin and weak and it has drasticly reduced not only my shedding but the amount of split ends i get so it makes it a lot easier to get long hair cause i am not losing lenght to splits

Back