Growing Out Your Hair Support Thread (don't forget pics!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay, I'm growing my hair out too! Right now it's just to my shoulders, which is about as long as it's ever been, but I want it to be longer so I can put it all up in a ponytail. Right now I can get a hair tie around the back of it, but it looks weird because there's a lot in the front that's still not long enough. And, my hairdresser decided I would really like fringe bangs last time, and i HATED them. That was about a month ago and now they're long enough to push to the side but not quite long enough to put behind my ears.

So my goal for the fall is actual side bangs and hair past my shoulders!

I'm currently growing out a pixie! So glad I did the chop (or shave!)! I had very long hair but it was extremely damaged and brittle and thin. I wasn't totally sure what my natural colour even was! I thought it had become an auburn colour in my teens just like my mum's, turns out I'm chocolate brown, and I can't wait to grow it long again! This time I'm taking care of it.

Poppy
smile.gif

Ive been going my hair out ever since I decided to cut it to above my shoulders. Ive always had a length long enough that has covered my boobs and I want that back!!! now.....four years later my hair is longer but still not where I want it to be.

My natural hair... aka letting it air dry after the shower is hideous! So I always feel forced to blow dry and straighten it. I know this is terrible for my hair and thats why its not growing as fast as I would like, but I cant help it!!

i thought i would post here and let you all know about a forum called long hair comunity.

i am a member there also and they have some great advice for growing hair and keeping it healthy (plus making it grow faster)

so i just thought i would mention it incase you guys wanted to check it out.

as for my hair i recently stoped using heat styling and wearing it up more, and it has just got to 20 inches in length

I am recovering from a really huge hairloss, I was nearly there what in norwegian is called a "moon". My big red hair had just disapeared. Then I begun to take Omega 3-6-9 and B-vitamin and are now starting too see a difference.

When I am off omega 3-6-9 and B vitamin I start to lose big amount with hair again, so I think I am a sort of addicted to it.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll have to check those out. I think I have heard of them before. Are you talking to me?

Yeah you lol

Here's my hair a couple days ago. The last one was May. I think it grew a couple inches.

i too am currently growing my hair out, i had it cut into a short bob a few months ago, and have regretted it since. just feels like its taking forever to grow, and its growing back really uneven.

there has been some great tips and advice given here that i am definitely going to try out for myself.
hugss.gif

the attached pic is one i took tonight during one of my tutorials for you tube, so you can see what i mean bout being a mess
scared2.gif

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah you lol
Here's my hair a couple days ago. The last one was May. I think it grew a couple inches.

you look so pretty with long hair...haah im jealous.

Im going to let my hair grow too...just coupld of days ago i was tempted to get a "POB" hahah but after looking in the mirror i stopped myself from doing it.haha

I always wanted a long wavy hair. like victoria secret model hair.hahah

im so going to let it grow after seeing your hair.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah you lol

i really love that color! looks like a deep plum. very hot!

Shoot. Lol, it's not. The picture kind of looks blue, I have no idea why. So I guess it changed my hair too. It's kind of brown/orangey right now.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shoot. Lol, it's not. The picture kind of looks blue, I have no idea why. So I guess it changed my hair too. It's kind of brown/orangey right now. i'm glad you told me because my next question was "what color is that and where can i get it!" lol~

4.gif
Even my skin looks blue I think lol. I guess I would be able to pull off plum then lol. It never shows when I dyed my hair though. I did dye it dark chocolate brown, when it was lighter (in my avatar) so it could look closer to my natural color.

Right now it has a mind of it's own
plain.gif
dark one day, light the next.

My hair is at a point where it gets trapped underneath my arms. Glee
biggrin.gif
Haha.

But I gotta get it trimmed soon... the dead ends are showing. I just hope by December it gets longer!

How's everyone else's progress?

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif My armpit hair grows faster than that. lol, I couldn't help but to laugh at that. I know what ya mean.
My hair grows extremely fast it seems. I need a hair cut now because it's so long and thick! I love the length, but I want to get a few layers and some thinning as well. I just need to find someone who I can trust.

My hair used to fall just below my breast but about two days ago my mom cut it. And wow...I actually like it just a bit past my shoulders. Less work shampooing it, less straightening, less time blowdrying it, etc. etc.

Back