Growing Out Your Hair Support Thread (don't forget pics!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOw, I really like that 1st pic! It's looks like it could be in a magazine. You look pretty too.

if that was to me thank you.

it is the only picture i have of me with my short hair. (it was for a project my friend at school was doing and she had me model for it since i am really pale and had the white hair)

When i found out i was pregnant last summer...i didnt do anything with my hair..no dye no trim..and since i had to take prenatal vitamins..my hair somehow grew faster and got thicker.

AFter i gave birth..i got a haircut..just added layers and bangs...kept the lenght though since i told the hairdresser i plan on letting it grow longer.

so this is my before:

232.jpg

thats when i was pregnant...around July of 07.

This isbefore i got it layered.

100_2880-1.jpg

no recent pics yet.haha ill update it later.

Yes it was orange, and Krissy, I love your hair short, but your hair looks so beautiful when it's long too!

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes it was orange, and Krissy, I love your hair short, but your hair looks so beautiful when it's long too! thanks...I love your hair long...im jealous of your hair.lmao

Okay this is an unflattering picture of me but oh well. It was taken in March so my hair has grown some since then. Oh and excuse the natural face.. it was during my no makeup year.

Originally Posted by oobladi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay this is an unflattering picture of me but oh well. It was taken in March so my hair has grown some since then. Oh and excuse the natural face.. it was during my no makeup year. http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...byPics2010.jpg
Hi
yaya.gif

I think you look beautiful without makeup. Your skin looks so flawless.

Originally Posted by XkrissyX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi
yaya.gif

I think you look beautiful without makeup. Your skin looks so flawless.

Awww your so sweet.

I love your hair long and short Krissy. I love that dress your wearing in your short hair pic too. Yaye for babies!!

My hair was to my bra strap but I went and got it trimmed today for my split ends and now its pry an inch shorter. I wanted a clean start so I figured Id go and get it trimmed. Now I'll have a healthy start with it.

Originally Posted by jellybabey /img/forum/go_quote.gif i am growing my hair out since got a bob cut
frown.gif
...so annoying!especially trying to grow the back out and the layers....

heres a picture of me before my bob cut(im on the left):

Attachment 41019

heres a pic of me with my bob cut:

Attachment 41020

and now:

Attachment 41021

im hoping to grow it just a little bit past my boobs
biggrin.gif
im getting there but its sooooo slow
frown.gif
xx

my god, I love the way your hair looks nice! the cut's perfect for you!

I'm trying to grow my hair out from a bob. So far it hasn't grew much, but does cover my neck now. I want it to all grow out one length too because it looks like I have layers. I hope to get it to touch my shoulders, that is my short term goal. Any helpful suggestions?? Does shampoo & conditioner make any difference when growing out hair? tia!

i know that this question has probably already been answered somewhere in this form but i really dont feel like ready over 100 pages..

so i was just wondering what exaclty are prenatal vitamins,

also user sweetnsexy6953 mentened that they did a hot oil treatment on there hair every week and i was just wondering if there is any way that i could do one at home cause right now i have no money and i would like my hair to grow by the end of the summer and it has been very hard!!

and because my hair is wavy and layered and such i have to straighten or style it almost every day and i would like to stop doing that aswell..

thanks

smile.gif

Prenatal vitamins are the multi-vitamins that you take while trying to conceive, during pregnancy, and for a while after pregnancy. If you do a search you won't have to read every page in the forum. Try an advanced search in haircare for growth.

You can easily find hot oil treatments in any drugstore, and they are really easy to do at home.

Try using a smoothing or straightening balm if you don't want to straighten every day. It won't straighten your hair, but it will calm it down.

Originally Posted by _withoutYou /img/forum/go_quote.gif my god, I love the way your hair looks nice! the cut's perfect for you! thanks
biggrin.gif
...wish it would grow though! ha ha

Mari you look so different with short hair!!!

Good luck to all you ladies growing out your hair. I have spiral curls, extremely curly hair. I am terrified of cutting it short, giving it layers, basically doing anything to it... I'm afraid it will poof up like crazy and I don't rock a very voluminous look, I'm petite lol it overwhelms me. I keep my curls controlled, styled, and Ive always had at least bra strap length to weigh them down. I wish I could rock shorter hair, bangs, etc. but unfortunatly I can't
frown.gif

Count me in. I used to have super long curly hair (it was long before I permed it) That went to my waist. Then I permed it, ultimate damage.

dads.jpg

After awhile, I wasnt feeling the perm so I straightened it everyday with a straightener, but not a ceramic plated one so it really damaged the ends, not to mention the cuticle. Anyways. I cut it the end of my senior year for grade... so it looked like this

Photo29.jpg

The perm was still at my ends tho..

Currently, my hair is straight with the bottom half bleached, & though i cut it after the second picture grew out, I want to grow it out longer.. at least to bra strap. I miss tossing it around. I'll probably perm it, but I'll be smarter and get a texture wave this time.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ricababyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Count me in. I used to have super long curly hair (it was long before I permed it) That went to my waist. Then I permed it, ultimate damage.http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ababy/dads.jpg

After awhile, I wasnt feeling the perm so I straightened it everyday with a straightener, but not a ceramic plated one so it really damaged the ends, not to mention the cuticle. Anyways. I cut it the end of my senior year for grade... so it looked like this

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...by/Photo29.jpg

The perm was still at my ends tho..

Currently, my hair is straight with the bottom half bleached, & though i cut it after the second picture grew out, I want to grow it out longer.. at least to bra strap. I miss tossing it around. I'll probably perm it, but I'll be smarter and get a texture wave this time.
smile.gif

your hair is still gorgeous, even shorter!
i understand exactly what you're saying about the perm. i'm trying like heck to avoid texturizing my hair, but it's growing like crazy and a bit puffy in the roots. i've been trying to control it with products rather than the texturizer. so far it's been ok, but i've been conditioning it everyday. that helps quite a bit.

well, I just checked the date of my first posts in this thread, just over a month
smile.gif

my hair has grown approximately one inch. Woohoo!

it's suuuch a slow process
frown.gif

I guess prenatal vitamins might be a good idea to shorten the time
biggrin.gif

I had one of my regular clients come in a couple days ago for a color touch up and I was in shock at how much her hair had grown in the past month. So of course I made a comment to her and she informed me that she had picked up some Biotin vitamins from Smoothie King and had been taking them for two months. She said her hair & nails were just growing like a weed. I mean, I was truly surprised at how much regrowth she had for just being in 5 weeks ago. I've been growing out an a-line bob since January and I'm in the inbetween stage where it is so freakin ugly. I'm going to purchase some of these Biotin vitamins though!

Originally Posted by glmrgrl86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had one of my regular clients come in a couple days ago for a color touch up and I was in shock at how much her hair had grown in the past month. So of course I made a comment to her and she informed me that she had picked up some Biotin vitamins from Smoothie King and had been taking them for two months. She said her hair & nails were just growing like a weed. I mean, I was truly surprised at how much regrowth she had for just being in 5 weeks ago. I've been growing out an a-line bob since January and I'm in the inbetween stage where it is so freakin ugly. I'm going to purchase some of these Biotin vitamins though! Do you know what kind she's using?

Back