Guys hate makeup???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously you did not read my whole message from beginning. no wonder you were all mad.

you don't even know that what you explain had been in my previous discussion .So please read my post from beginning before you keep assuming. I do not think you understand my point of view.

I said there are alternatives to makeup. you can use healthy ingredient to take care of your facial skin. so what you just stated was not new to my posting. I take care of my skin the natural healthy way.

I never said that I did not agree with your alternative and I never said there is no alternative.

I never stated all women are the same. you are the one who said that. you can find any of my postings (neither contain your statement at all). Not all women wear makeup and not all women use the same makeup. so please do not add your own assumption to me as I am not responsible for your own assumption.

this is makeup forum so i only discuss makeup. I do not campaign but just shared my view and not force it to you or anyone else. I never said I campaign, but I know you said it for yourself.

You are just being angry and frustrated that you do not see/think clearly. Please do not blame for something that I did not commit and think carefully before you say something.

Grow up Hon
smile.gif

note: I know the toothpaste or beauty products that you mentioned. the ingredient that cause cancer is probably sodium laurel sulfate. I am healthy conscious person as I stated in my previous posts. I only use natural product. There are organic toothpaste, soap ,shampoo in organic supermarket (e.g.whole foods,central market). I hope this answers your question.

Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know i said i was done but this is just too surreal. Im making a fool of myself ?
pedro.gif
Hon you are the one on a makeup forum declaring how you hate makeup and how you supposed friend and sister have skin issues bc of makeup. We all tried to tell you maybe they were allergic to some of the ingredients. I AGREED that there were dangerous things in foundation but there were NATURAL alternatives out there. You obviously dont know what you are talking about and are here to enflame and stir up follishness garm and mess as my granny would say. So it is infact YOU that is making a fool out of yourself hon.
Im not upset im in disbelief that someone could make such ignorant claims and generalizations based on TWO supposed women he knows. Tell your friend to get a good makeup remover better yet heres a suggestion for an all natural one OLIVE OIL. She uses this before she washes her face and all her makeup will be removed. I have no issue with you expressing your opinion but you are stating it as if it were fact.

Another things that makes people give you the side eye is that you are on a makeup forum but claim to hate makeup. You say you know nothing about makeup but yet do at the same time. You have come onto this forum with ignorant assumptions and generalized as if all women are the same.

I am through this time for real. I will sit on my hands if i have to....ill leave you the wolves.
brsh.gif
brsh.gif

One last note did you know toothpaste contains flouride which is shown to contribute to bone cancer? Certain cancer causing chemicals in deodorant,shampoo,conditoner,lotions,facial wash.....all the stuff dudes use. I dont see you campaigning against them just makeup ...things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by alex88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well at least you should see my perspective cause I know what im talkin about.I hate makeup b/c :

1. not healthy (ur skin cant breathe, it makes pimples and crack skin). I know girls who have problems like this.

2.fake short term beauty.

e.g. I met this attractive girl with makeup ,but once she took it off, she looks uglier and it's a huge turnoff.

well not all girls will look ugly without makeup but if they do then it is worse.

I like girls with healthy skin complexion. no need makeup.

my sister hates makeup and she still looks beautiful without it. true some girls look beautiful but it is

However it is true that some guys doesnt care if the girl wear makeup or not.( but I know I hate makeups. )

u girls can wear it but if I were to choose girl, I would choose the one without makeup. (natural beauty)!

natural beauty is more desirable than fake short term beauty!

as long as the girl's face is clean and healthy, that's attractive to me.

Alex, I think the only problem we're having here is that your very first sentence states that we should see your perspective as you "know" what you're talking about, insinuating that you're right, we're wrong. That makes me assume (and I'm sorry if I assumed wrongly) that everything you say after that is supposed to be taken for a fact. I feel you are entitled to your own opinion but I'm not gonna tell you

Quote:
Well at least you should see my perspective cause I know what im talkin about. That simply implies that you don't, which personally is an insult and we are not here to insult others. That's why some individuals here feel offended by your comments.
I have no other issues as like I said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, thread asked a question, you answered, I don't agree, oh well, doesn't bother me one bit.

I will say though, that any beauty is a short term beauty whether makeup or time takes it away
smile.gif

This thread is still going?!

I'll chime in again.

Quote:
Well at least you should see my perspective cause I know what im talkin about.I hate makeup b/c :

1. not healthy (ur skin cant breathe, it makes pimples and crack skin). I know girls who have problems like this.

On the flip side, foundations can act as a sun screen.

Quote:
2.fake short term beauty. What about ice sculptures? Would you say those are fake short term art? Simply because something does not last a pre-determined length of time does not mean it's fake.

all you girls are full of crap, i never join these forums but the truth is some guys yeah they like make up and some dont care..i am one of those who think it makes you look ugly as shit, i been single till i was about 20 not because i couldnt pick up on girls but because every girl i met was wearing make up...the girl im with now never wears make up and i mean never..we have been together 10 years and everything is perfect, i could kiss her, have her fall asleep on me, rest her head on my shoulder hug me as much as she wants and i dont have to worry about the crud getting on my clothing or bed...the money she saves by not wearing make up she uses it to paper herself with massages and facials...and from all the girls i have ever met in my life or see in a magazine or movie...no one comes close to how beautiful my girl is...i can go to bed and wake up next to her the next morning and i know exactly how she will look every morning..aside from her hair being a lil messed up, but who cares from a scale of 1-10 my girl is 100 and thats what makes her looks perfect

Good for you.  That just goes to show, there's someone out there for everyone, including you.

Originally Posted by Uvez Olia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

all you girls are full of crap, i never join these forums but the truth is some guys yeah they like make up and some dont care..i am one of those who think it makes you look ugly as shit, i been single till i was about 20 not because i couldnt pick up on girls but because every girl i met was wearing make up...the girl im with now never wears make up and i mean never..we have been together 10 years and everything is perfect, i could kiss her, have her fall asleep on me, rest her head on my shoulder hug me as much as she wants and i dont have to worry about the crud getting on my clothing or bed...the money she saves by not wearing make up she uses it to paper herself with massages and facials...and from all the girls i have ever met in my life or see in a magazine or movie...no one comes close to how beautiful my girl is...i can go to bed and wake up next to her the next morning and i know exactly how she will look every morning..aside from her hair being a lil messed up, but who cares from a scale of 1-10 my girl is 100 and thats what makes her looks perfect

There are a few men who actually like makeup and asks their women to put it on(famous example is Elvis presley). But they are in the minority. And they are bizzare too. lol.

I love to hear men say they hate makeup, actually makes me feel good since I dont like to put it on and women who do always force me and tell me "it will make you look prettier" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Uvez Olia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hey, I actually like what he/she/troll has to say and the point of it (even though its written in that way). As I said above,  I like it when men say they hate makeup because I don't like to put it on and women who do always tell me I should as it will make me look prettier
icon_neutral.gif

I rarely wear makeup and I wear it mostly for special occasions. I find it disturbing a lot of girls wear it almost all the time and some even everyday! I'm talking foundation mainly. Like someone I know who says "ewww I can't go out like this my skin looks so dull!" then slabs on some (clinque) foundation which overtime made her skin worse. 

Anyways, guys I know who have seen me apply makeup cringe and ask me why I even have to put that "crap" on my face. But there were times when they would admire it when its done (also depending on how much I put on).  On a side note, I once spoke to a cosmetician and she told me if we all knew what kind of "crap" they put in make-up, nobody would wearing it. 

btw, I know its ironic Im saying this in a "makeup" forum but to be honest I joined only to ask about my uneven eyebrows. lol. Don't get me wrong though, I do like make-up, its fun especially as an artist. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Obvious troll is obvious
Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good for you.  That just goes to show, there's someone out there for everyone, including you.

HA!!

Originally Posted by Mystery /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hey, I actually like what he/she/troll has to say and the point of it (even though its written in that way). As I said above,  I like it when men say they hate makeup because I don't like to put it on and women who do always tell me I should as it will make me look prettier
icon_neutral.gif

I rarely wear makeup and I wear it mostly for special occasions. I find it disturbing a lot of girls wear it almost all the time and some even everyday! I'm talking foundation mainly. Like someone I know who says "ewww I can't go out like this my skin looks so dull!" then slabs on some (clinque) foundation which overtime made her skin worse. 

Anyways, guys I know who have seen me apply makeup cringe and ask me why I even have to put that "crap" on my face. But there were times when they would admire it when its done (also depending on how much I put on).  On a side note, I once spoke to a cosmetician and she told me if we all knew what kind of "crap" they put in make-up, nobody would wearing it. 

btw, I know its ironic Im saying this in a "makeup" forum but to be honest I joined only to ask about my uneven eyebrows. lol. Don't get me wrong though, I do like make-up, its fun especially as an artist. 

The thing of it is, men don't really know what they are looking at. Only obvious makeup stands out to them.

And I would love to be a fly on the wall in a room without women hearing men speak their TRUE feelings about it. Whether they admit it or not, men care very much about what women think and wouldn't admit to wanting a more polished look. They know what we want to hear lol. What men admit to in groups of men and in mixed company are two separate things.

And I would love to be a fly on the wall in a room without women hearing men speak their TRUE feelings about it. Whether they admit it or not, men care very much about what women think and wouldn't admit to wanting a more polished look. They know what we want to hear lol. What men admit to in groups of men and in mixed company are two separate things.

Oh yes, Of course as a woman  IT IS very important and a responsibility to take care and "polish" yourself but it does not at all have to include make-up. Btw, I have been a "fly" on the wall many times and heard the most interesting things men have to say about women especially from family and relatives. lol. But anyway they mostly seem to appreciate natural beauty and clean women more then anything. Natural beauty as in no makeup but really works hard  to care of the natural beauty she has. And btw guys I know and talk to are pretty candid with me as I am with them. So yeah, the good men (not talking about the trash) want that in general. A women who works on maintaining her cleanliness and natural beauty. And as I have said I think they can and do appreciate make-up and glamour once in a while. 

Let me share a story, there was an incident like three years ago, a moment I was very self conscious about my skin {acne and pigmentation}, when a guy friend

told me "why do you look like shit today?" when I decided to put on foundation. When he saw me nearly in tears he was surprised and apologized and said nothings wrong with your face that you have to put that crap on. Is it because of your pimples?" then he reached over and kissed my cheek. lol that was sweet. but I gave him a little slap the next day cause where he kissed me more pimples came out :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. but after that I never wore it again and now my acne is 90% cleared. seriously, I choose remedy and prevention instead of cover up. the magic  ingredient is knowledge, patience and discipline! 

Well....I never had a man look at me and tell me to take off my makeup...maybe my lippie for when they wanted kisses..lol 
12.gif

I'm sure there are men who fall in both categories...some like it, some don't. I do think that all men appreciate a woman who'll take care and maintain her "beauty" in whatever ways, be it a swipe of mascara or nice soft skin. Speaking from experience, I seem to get more flattery and attention when my little "game" face is on. Either way, I don't really care. I wear makeup to enhance and play up what I'm working with naturally, sometimes to hide pesky acne..first and foremost, I wear it because I like it and feel good with it on.

My boyfriend loves make up. Its just a personal preference. I don't think there is a majority either way. Much like women, some of us love it, some of us hate it. 

I cancelled out any potential boyfriends when I started wearing red lipstick on a regular basis (=almost every day) at 15, but it was worth waiting ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL

As most of us agreed on, I wear it because I like make up. Guys (especially younger ones) have a distorted view of what exactly a "natural look" is -

They THINK "natural"/"no make up" is/they want this:

But then you look closely, and she definitely wears some sort of tinted moisturizer/powder/foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, a tinted gloss, probably a brow gel, etc. 

The best is also when guys say "yeah I don't like girls who wear foundation that's gross" but then, if you don't have perfect skin they say "EW YOUR SKIN IS SO GROSS COVER IT UP". Thank goodness this is more of a middle school thing and I've been out of middle school for a few years.. lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled out any potential boyfriends when I started wearing red lipstick on a regular basis (=almost every day) at 15, but it was worth waiting ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL

As most of us agreed on, I wear it because I like make up. Guys (especially younger ones) have a distorted view of what exactly a "natural look" is -

They THINK "natural"/"no make up" is/they want this:

But then you look closely, and she definitely wears some sort of tinted moisturizer/powder/foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, a tinted gloss, probably a brow gel, etc. 
Lol, too true...They think that is a natural look, but don't realize those celebrities spent hours in hair/makeup with professionals to create that "Natural/Minimal" look!

I'm quite glad this post is here. This guy clearly loves his girlfriend so it's all good. He may not be a ten in every girls eyes but to that one girl, maybe he is and that makes the world a little less ugly. She just has to train him better so he doesn't make her look bad in public.

I'm quite glad this post is here. This guy clearly loves his girlfriend so it's all good. He may not be a ten in every girls eyes but to that one girl, maybe he is and that makes the world a little less ugly. She just has to train him better so he doesn't make her look bad in public.
Bahahaha...I snorted at that one! Well...I just adore you ladies, sugar and spice...and whatnot lol.

Bwahaha yup.

I do enjoy the fact that he joined today, posted one post and it was saying he hated the one thing this forum centers on. I miss the days of imaginative trolls.

Latest posts

Back