Guys hate makeup???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It did make for a days entertainment for me
smile.gif

I enjoy troll hunting on occasion.
LOL I play an MMORPG so I am used to crazy imaginative trolls.

Good for you.  That just goes to show, there's someone out there for everyone, including you.
HA! 

In general, I couldn't care less if any man dislikes my makeup.

That said, I probably get an equal number of compliments on my "cool eyeshadow" or whatever from men as I do women. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm quite glad this post is here. This guy clearly loves his girlfriend so it's all good. He may not be a ten in every girls eyes but to that one girl, maybe he is and that makes the world a little less ugly. She just has to train him better so he doesn't make her look bad in public.
See, I disagree that it's all good. Clearly for him makeup is a deal breaker. What if his girlfriend decides to wear it some day? Is he going to dump her then? He says he doesn't care what she looks like etc etc but he starts out by saying he never got a girlfriend until his 20s because the makeup made them all too ugly in his precious, delicate eyes. This tells me he wants a girl that conforms strictly to his preferences and he doesn't actually respect her ability to make her own decisions. I've been with my boyfriend for six years now. At the beginning of the relationship I didn't wear any makeup but over time I got into it and he respects that and will even give me an honest opinion when I ask for it. Some looks he likes, some he doesn't, but ultimately he respects that it's my face and therefore my decision. Homeboy here doesn't seem to have figured that one out yet.

Hmm.. my boyfriend doesn't say whether he likes it or not.. but if you go for a natural look, guys can be tricked into thinking you aren't wearing any :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When they see a girl looking "natural" she most likely IS wearing makeup, just in the right way, and not caked on ..

See, I disagree that it's all good. Clearly for him makeup is a deal breaker. What if his girlfriend decides to wear it some day? Is he going to dump her then? He says he doesn't care what she looks like etc etc but he starts out by saying he never got a girlfriend until his 20s because the makeup made them all too ugly in his precious, delicate eyes. This tells me he wants a girl that conforms strictly to his preferences and he doesn't actually respect her ability to make her own decisions. I've been with my boyfriend for six years now. At the beginning of the relationship I didn't wear any makeup but over time I got into it and he respects that and will even give me an honest opinion when I ask for it. Some looks he likes, some he doesn't, but ultimately he respects that it's my face and therefore my decision. Homeboy here doesn't seem to have figured that one out yet.
I think you missed the sarcasm. Dude is trolling.

Guys don't hate makeup, they hate when they see it.  Subtle is best.  I am a makeup man and I practice what I preach on my Facebook page.  Check it out!

most guys that i have talked to about it dont really like over the top makeup...but they also dont like when you walk around looking ungroomed either.

i know my boyfriend likes it when i wear natural makeup with nice neutral tones, but obviously he doesnt mind me without it either.

Originally Posted by AmberDawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

most guys that i have talked to about it dont really like over the top makeup...but they also dont like when you walk around looking ungroomed either.

i know my boyfriend likes it when i wear natural makeup with nice neutral tones, but obviously he doesnt mind me without it either.
I was just getting ready to say pretty much the same thing.  I'm fortunate that my boyfriend doesn't really care either way.  He doesn't treat me any differently if I'm not wearing makeup or if I'm wearing it - and believe me, in the morning when I wake up, I am a SIGHT!
laughing.gif
   I'm sure he'd probably complain if I troweled it on like a clown, but I keep it to a normal amount, and he just hasn't really ever commented on it.

The only time he ever complained was when I kissed him right after I put on some Lip Venom, LOL!  Later on, he said to me, "What was that lip gloss you had on when you kissed me?  It burned my mouth, and it hurt for a while, too!"  So I just don't wear Lip Venom around him anymore, LOL!

I had exs who hated it but now my fiance he I owuld say prefers it? A lot of exs were not girly or loving make up or anything... but with me I am super girly and I adore make up and etc and he always says he prefers make up and wish his exs wore it so yeah ha

I'm not sure guys really even understand what we look like with and without it. I'm kind of surprised they would say that they don't like it. My husband knows I enjoy makeup so he will be sweet and compliment me when he likes the way I've done something. He also really likes me to wear light girly pink colors and he'll point out polishes or lip sticks he wants me to wear. Again, he knows its something I enjoy and that makes me feel pretty so he supports it. Saying this though, he would never make me feel bad about myself if I didn't wear it. I mostly like wearing makeup because it's fun to put on and a hobby to learn/read/write about but it helps me cover up my rosacea. 

The thing with Makeup is..... it's not just beauty, it is an art, and a lot of guy's simply don't understand it.

A woman's face is a canvas, and the final result in the art is the prize of wearing that art out into the public. Not all women do it for sex appeal and beauty, but others do it simply because they love it. They love experimenting with makeup. They love seeing what they can change. They love colored eyes to match the cute tops, the hair clips, or the dress they are donning.

The men who seem to dislike it dislike it because a woman isn't being "natural" and assume the woman has or may have self esteem issues, which in some cases is, and other cases, isn't true at all. It's understandable to love a woman for who they are, regardless of if they look pretty or ugly with and without makeup, but there are women out there that love makeup for the artistic side of it, and this is what most men don't tend to grasp.

Ladies, as most of you have said, wear your makeup if you personally love it. Your man will and should love you regardless of what is or isn't on your face. The first and foremost thing is, if you are happy, he should be, and if he isn't happy with it.... or any guy isn't happy with it..... who cares?.... You flaunt it and you love it.

In the end, makeup is a powerful tool, capable of the wildest things imaginable, and stuff like that.... well, some people simply don't understand. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One thing I know guys dislike mostly..... Beat-red lips. Not something everyone can rock, at least, without an occasion for it. It tends to be associated with bombshells or bad makeup, and whenever a guy thinks about makeup, red lipstick is the first to mind. Definitely go for neutral.

Well I think we have not to mistake with makeup and OVER HUGE FAKE makeup. Like, girls that draw their whole eyebrows, wear thick lipstick, big big big mascara, false eyelashes, so much foundation that we don't see the face, and so much liner that we don't se the eyes. Like, you know what I mean lol. Guys won't really notice if we just wear enough foundation to cover up our flaws, a lil bit of mascara, a lil bit of lip balm or just a bit of liner to make our eyes pop out. So yeah, don't over do it girls, and guys aren't gonna complain.

Honestly, I really don't know why they think about that. I think there is a big difference of gal's face before make up and after makeup. I wish all guys should accept this difference!

dito.gif
. a surprising amount of people can't tell the difference between 'natural' makeup and no makeup lol. I think the perceived intensity of makeup depends on how much eye makeup you have on; wear a butt-ton of face makeup and a little bit of brown eyeliner/subtle mascara, and most people can't tell you're wearing makeup.

I re

:dito: . a surprising amount of people can't tell the difference between 'natural' makeup and no makeup lol. I think the perceived intensity of makeup depends on how much eye makeup you have on; wear a butt-ton of face makeup and a little bit of brown eyeliner/subtle mascara, and most people can't tell you're wearing makeup.
i totally agree !!! I always wear natural makeup, I never wear anything that makes me look like I have makeup on :)

Back