Guys hate makeup???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they just don't want to get your MU on their clothes when you guys are hugging..or whatever LOL. I hate the argument guys make about women who wear makeup have low self esteem and lack confidence, i find it's really the total opposite. People who have low self esteem don't care what they look like and don't put on MU. Natural Faces and Made-up faces are both beautiful, IMO!

Omgosh this is so funny because just last Saturday, a coworker I have a crush on [totally different job/person from my last thread *sticky face*] poked my face and I was like "don't touch my faceee!" jokingly, and he's like "oh will I smudge all your makeup?" and I said "yes." Then he said "I think makeup is ugly."

AW! What does that even mean? Like my makeup was ugly, meaning I'm ugly wearing it? Makeup in general is ugly? Huh? I was so mad.

I just ended up saying that "makeup is my favorite thing ever" and changed the subject.

Weeeellllll, I can only speak for myself but this is what I think..

When guys say they think makeup is ugly they mean when its really overdone and basically they are trying to give you a compliment and tell you that you dont need that much to look good. I dont think though, that guys realize that even a natural look takes as much work as it does. I think most guys dont like girls who spend all of their time looking in the mirror and are way too concerned with their makeup and if its perfect or not.. but I dont think they really know what they are talking about and I think if they did then they would probably feel differently.. And also a lot of guys have kind of learned to say that they dont like girls who wear a lot of makeup since they dont want to seem like they are shallow and attracted to something fake (which i know its not but thats what some guys think). Anyway, I dont agree with any of that but being a guy Im pretty sure thats the feelings most guys have.. so dont take it personally, just shrug it off because its really not that big of a deal, its just something they say because they dont know the whole deal about it
redface.gif
)

i think its becoz gurls with makeup dun l**** hugging tight with guys with their face on the guys clothes cozof the mascara and lipgloss

my ex had complained bout that !

guys suck!!!!!!!

j/k

Yeah, I've heard some guys say they "hate" makeup, and yet they do drool over girls that are made up. I think they just don't like it when girls pack on the makeup, like layers and layers of it on, and you can barely tell her real features. And those girls that catch their attention because they look "natural"...they just can't tell the girl has makeup on because she put it on really well! Guys just don't know how to tell...We girls can see "subtle" makeup..right?

Good think my boyfriend likes that I wear makeup...I asked him about it and he says he thinks makeup "pulls a look together" and girls that don't wear makeup look like they don't give a crap how they look. hehe...I swear, everytime we go to the MAC counter, we're like kids in a candy store...only he's looking at the girls that work there...LOL

Originally Posted by eric2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Weeeellllll, I can only speak for myself but this is what I think..
When guys say they think makeup is ugly they mean when its really overdone and basically they are trying to give you a compliment and tell you that you dont need that much to look good. I dont think though, that guys realize that even a natural look takes as much work as it does. I think most guys dont like girls who spend all of their time looking in the mirror and are way too concerned with their makeup and if its perfect or not.. but I dont think they really know what they are talking about and I think if they did then they would probably feel differently.. And also a lot of guys have kind of learned to say that they dont like girls who wear a lot of makeup since they dont want to seem like they are shallow and attracted to something fake (which i know its not but thats what some guys think). Anyway, I dont agree with any of that but being a guy Im pretty sure thats the feelings most guys have.. so dont take it personally, just shrug it off because its really not that big of a deal, its just something they say because they dont know the whole deal about it
redface.gif
)

That's an excellent answer, Eric! Very well put.
smile.gif

All of my guy friends tell me that they prefer a girl with a more natural look and hate heavy makeup on women!!

I agree with everyone here that wearing makeup is just to make ourselves feel good.

the guys that I know... they don't understand makeup. most can't tell if the girl's wearing make up or not (whether that's from them not paying enough attention or just clueless, it doesn't matter). One was even telling me that one of his friend looks great and she doesn't put on any make up. HELLO! she has full eye makeup on! that's mascara on her lashes and eyeliner around her eye, with eyeshadow on her lid!

Girls dont wear makeup for guys anyway - we wear it to make ourselves feel good, but also for other women! DUH!

Guys are retarded - it's true that they go for girls who are well made up - they 'hate' makeup, but can't tell when a girl is wearing it.

I don't think my bf HATES makeup, but he doesn't like sticky lipgloss, or when lipstick leaves colours on his cheeks.

Anyway, I think women mostly wear makeup for themselves and for other women, not really men, because men don't appreciate the effort you put in, whereas women do

My best friend is a guy and he doesn't like makeup. His girlfriend doesn't wear any at all. But he doesn't mind it either. He thinks I'm pretty with or without makeup. I think the most important part is how you feel about it. I enjoy wearing it. I like playing with it, that's just me. So in the end it doesn't even matter.

I agree. Wear it because you like it. Most men that have a bit of possessiveness will tell you that he likes you better without it because the positive attention you get when you have it applied nicely; men get jealous of that. Or maybe they are just jealous that they can't wear it!

i want to add: guys are totally general too.. so when they say they hate makeup- it means they hate certain things about makeup, not makeup as a whole... like- they hate goth looks, or hate blue eyeliner, or hate red lipstick that gets on them after kissing, or something like that.

like when they say, "i hate vegetables" or "i hate chick flicks"... you know they didnt mean corn or the notebook.

ive had guys tell me this alot too.

its like i wanna play dress up and look pretty, i'll play dress up and look pretty!

Originally Posted by eric2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Weeeellllll, I can only speak for myself but this is what I think..
redface.gif
)

Yep. Completely agree.
Personally, I wear it for myself and to enhance my features and I enjoy the process of putting it on. I've been told I'm pretty plain looking but with makeup I look real pretty. So, MU is my friend. Haha.

I heard some guy go on about certain girls saying they have natural beauty and don't need much on. Which is true - some girls don't need a full face on to look beautiful.

But really, you judge a book by it's cover and if most guys saw us girlies w/out makeup on... pfft you'd hear another complain. Haha.

ladies, we should not wear makeup for people to notice anyway! (obviously with the exception of outrageous lips or eyes). makeup should make the skin look natural and breathe etc.

as for guys not liking makeup, well i can tell you theyre all messed up in the head. they drool over all the models and celebs in the magazines who are drowning in makeup - what up with that?! i can bet my mac collection that if most men saw their women day in and day out without makeup they'd be crying for them to change back!

My other half says he loves me in makeup. He often comments on it. I've known several guys like that.

I don't care if men like makeup or not,I wear it cuz I love it and I think it looks good on me!!

Oh and my hubby loves my makeup and he loves watching me do it!!

Obviously I cant speak for all guys but I think if they say that the arent really being truthful. I like for my wife to wear makeup In fact I have bought probably 90% of the makeup she owns. I have seen these the before pictures of actresses without their makeup and they dont look near as good as they did with makeup. I am not for the tammi faye baker look but makeup should enhance "natural beauty."

My dh tells me he hates it when I wear makeup too. But when we are getting ready for a night out and I come out looking all good with my hair and makeup done he really does not seem to mind it then, lol.

Plus I wear it because I like it, and I think it is fun.

Back