Guys hate makeup???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol I dont think guys hate makeup, I just think their really clueless about it, my bf doesnt know what half the stuff in my makeup collection is!
So yes they like it, thats why they find girls with lots of makeup on HOT, they just dont understand it or dont understand how that HOT girl did all her makeup like that, all they know is that, hey, it looks good!

My bf has told me he likes whatever way I do my makeup, whether its smokey or natural or whatever. I think hes fascinated by it because he doesnt know a thing about it lol. Im glad he doesnt mind whatever I feel like doing because thats alot of freedom for me to do whatever look I feel like! In the end I do it for myself, makes me feel more beautiful, put together, you know
smile.gif

I find it really funny some mornings when Im doin my makeup my bf will sit and watch the whole thing and after every little thing I do he wants to see the before and after. He tries to figure out what Im doing or using and doesnt usually get it right
smile.gif
Haha. One time he just came out of nowhere and said "Let me try put some makeup on you!" Lol he gave up after 1 minute. Guys dont know a thing about it!!

haha that is so funny, my boyfriend is the same way when i do my make up. it's like 50 questions with him. it kinda amazes him, "how did u get that line so straight" haha he also asks to do my make up im like uhh yeah maybe some other day haha.

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol I dont think guys hate makeup, I just think their really clueless about it, my bf doesnt know what half the stuff in my makeup collection is!
So yes they like it, thats why they find girls with lots of makeup on HOT, they just dont understand it or dont understand how that HOT girl did all her makeup like that, all they know is that, hey, it looks good!

My bf has told me he likes whatever way I do my makeup, whether its smokey or natural or whatever. I think hes fascinated by it because he doesnt know a thing about it lol. Im glad he doesnt mind whatever I feel like doing because thats alot of freedom for me to do whatever look I feel like! In the end I do it for myself, makes me feel more beautiful, put together, you know
smile.gif

I find it really funny some mornings when Im doin my makeup my bf will sit and watch the whole thing and after every little thing I do he wants to see the before and after. He tries to figure out what Im doing or using and doesnt usually get it right
smile.gif
Haha. One time he just came out of nowhere and said "Let me try put some makeup on you!" Lol he gave up after 1 minute. Guys dont know a thing about it!!

that's cute !!guys usually don't know a thing about it and i think the problem is also in the social rules.

i find it hard to believe, but some people told me straight to my face that guys wearing makeup were (or had to be) gays or transsexuals, like they'd feel the need to compensate some kind of lack of "manhood" by makeup or smthg like that.
kopfkratz.gif
i wish people weren't so narrow minded and judgemental, maybe i'm wrong but i think that's where the problem really lies.

Originally Posted by makeupartist2b /img/forum/go_quote.gif i dated a guy once who was straight and he wore green eyeshadow lol he actually did it really good. lol yay !!!!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have one of those "why do you wear mu", husbands Ditto!
smile.gif

At the same time, when we are out somewhere and I put my full make up on, he keeps telling me how great I look and how I should always look like that...
rotfl.gif

What can I say? No wonder, he is the Twins by his zodiac

Originally Posted by makeupartist2b /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha that is so funny, my boyfriend is the same way when i do my make up. it's like 50 questions with him. it kinda amazes him, "how did u get that line so straight" haha he also asks to do my make up im like uhh yeah maybe some other day haha. Lol I know exactly what you mean haha, you should let him try do your makeup if he asks again just for fun, see what happens lol, when my bf had that eyeshadow and eyeliner in his hands he looked completly lost and then he seemed to gain a new appreciation for what I do! Its really nice to have that understanding lol. I also try to teach him what all I use, because he is always asking, and hes getting better at realizing what girls actually put on their face and whats real or fake or right or overdone and yucky
smile.gif
Yay!

You're right my guys seem to not like makeup. They think that someone else will desire their woman

Well first of all, I wear makeup because I like it! Not for anyone else.

But also, my guy loves that I wear makeup. In fact he's pretty much bought me half the makeup I own.

I suppose its about using makeup to enhance, rather than paint over, your face. We all hate that girl who tries way too hard and just ends up looking like plastic, so I'm guessing guys feel the same way.

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol I know exactly what you mean haha, you should let him try do your makeup if he asks again just for fun, see what happens lol, when my bf had that eyeshadow and eyeliner in his hands he looked completly lost and then he seemed to gain a new appreciation for what I do! Its really nice to have that understanding lol. I also try to teach him what all I use, because he is always asking, and hes getting better at realizing what girls actually put on their face and whats real or fake or right or overdone and yucky
smile.gif
Yay! You know what.. lol you talked me into it.!! now i'm gonna let him do my make up. you got a really good point there and now i'm pretty curious of what he will do because he likes watching haha. that's so funny how you said your boyfriend looked lost lol. but you know what... what the hell i'll let him do it. maybe he will be good at it right?? haha. this should be interesting!!.

I wonder what they would do if they found out those so-called 'natural' faces have also been carefully made up....even MORE time is spent on the 'natural look' so it can look....natural!!!!!!!

Oh, and another thing; if girls didn't wear makeup at ALL, you'd hear a verrry different story from guys. They want us to wear it; they just don't know it.

Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine /img/forum/go_quote.gif  

Oh, and another thing; if girls didn't wear makeup at ALL, you'd hear a verrry different story from guys. They want us to wear it; they just don't know it.

yes its true i had that happened to be be4 some uni fd asked me why i dun wear makeup.most of the days i dun wear it unless i need to go to job interviews . and i told him. its not that i dun wear it i just wear it when i need to and meeting u for dinner , isnt a reason for me to look pretty.

Originally Posted by makeupartist2b /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know what.. lol you talked me into it.!! now i'm gonna let him do my make up. you got a really good point there and now i'm pretty curious of what he will do because he likes watching haha. that's so funny how you said your boyfriend looked lost lol. but you know what... what the hell i'll let him do it. maybe he will be good at it right?? haha. this should be interesting!!. I was actually put in a similar situaton myself.. I guess it was about 2 years ago now??? I was seeing this girl at the time and I used to love to watch her do her makeup and I always tried to figure out what she was doing and I guess I just figured I would learn by watching. I never really asked her about it and just figured she didnt even notice me watching but one day she told me that it was time to learn since I had been so interested lately haha. Well I figured she would just explain what she was doing or at most have me try it on her like you girls are talking about but instead she sat me down and gave me a full lesson by doing my makeup and explaining all the steps along the way. At first I was hesistant and didnt want to let her do it but once I realized it was just us and it sounded like fun I gave in and ended up enjoying it haha. I guess she didnt trust me doing hers and didnt wanna risk me taking out her eye hahah.. Just a thought that maybe for saftey reasons and to get a good laugh you might wanna try this option, we both had a great time and it ended up being something we did every now and again just for fun as a joke and I actually ended up learning the basics along the way
smile.gif

-Eric
smile.gif

This is going to sound b*tchy, but I am in a b*tchy mood today...

I get very sick of guys asking why I do this or that - shouldn't I know men don't find it attractive? When I talked about getting my hair cut into a pixie do, one guy told me I shouldn't, because guys don't go for that look (I did cut my hair and I love it). I've also had men say to me how they dislike makeup so why do women even bother to wear it. And of course, the complaints about women doing their shopping in sweats - "don't they know men like women that are more feminine?".

Well, newsflash - not everything in the world revolves around pleasing men. Women have lives and wills of their own, completely independent of men. Women do not exist for the sole purpose of being eyecandy.

I think guys prefer a natural look most of the time and sometimes they don't mind it if you sexed up the look, dramatic look etc. Men are usually less harsher on women, than women are with themselves and other women.

Men do not critcize that much, women are usally critcizing each other " oh her hair is not staright" " oh what eyehshadow color is she wearing" "that is so last season" "what is she thinking". They concentrate on each flaw, not men. And if a man usually dose all of these things than that means you need to get rid of him. Upgrade

Originally Posted by Battygurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif whats a pixie? some men like long hair A pixie cut is a very short hairdo. I know some men like long hair, I just don't care.

Originally Posted by eric2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was actually put in a similar situaton myself.. I guess it was about 2 years ago now??? I was seeing this girl at the time and I used to love to watch her do her makeup and I always tried to figure out what she was doing and I guess I just figured I would learn by watching. I never really asked her about it and just figured she didnt even notice me watching but one day she told me that it was time to learn since I had been so interested lately haha. Well I figured she would just explain what she was doing or at most have me try it on her like you girls are talking about but instead she sat me down and gave me a full lesson by doing my makeup and explaining all the steps along the way. At first I was hesistant and didnt want to let her do it but once I realized it was just us and it sounded like fun I gave in and ended up enjoying it haha. I guess she didnt trust me doing hers and didnt wanna risk me taking out her eye hahah.. Just a thought that maybe for saftey reasons and to get a good laugh you might wanna try this option, we both had a great time and it ended up being something we did every now and again just for fun as a joke and I actually ended up learning the basics along the way
smile.gif

-Eric
smile.gif

Lol that sounds fun too but my bf just couldnt even stand the thought of makeup on his own face. I was a bit afraid he might poke me in the eye lol but then again I poke myself in the eye every now and then lol. I told my bf what to use along the way but he realized that day that makin a straight line with eyeliner and blending together 3 eyeshadows is not as easy as we girls make it look! He still enjoys watching, hes a real sweetheart about it lol tells me alot that Im so good I should do makeup for a living! Im really not that great at it lol especially compared to some of these talented girls here on MUT but I defintly try and I would love doing makeup for a living, so to hear him say that is a really sweet compliment
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back