Guys hate makeup???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've had guys say this to me all the time as well.
I wear makeup because I like it.
smile.gif

this is my reason as well......
laughing.gif

I think guys like the idea of no make-up when most are really minimalists- and really like the "look" of no makeup. My husband had this same thought until he actually saw a woman who really wears NO make-up- no Creams or face lotions. He noticed that she was a bit weathered and blemished and commented on that fact. Well hello... you cant have it both ways- so now he usually appreciates the effort I make in applying my creams and colors- although I keep my look understated.

Next time your man drools over some model in a magazine or on tv- point out what colors she might be wearing in her "no makeup" look.

Originally Posted by eric2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was actually put in a similar situaton myself.. I guess it was about 2 years ago now??? I was seeing this girl at the time and I used to love to watch her do her makeup and I always tried to figure out what she was doing and I guess I just figured I would learn by watching. I never really asked her about it and just figured she didnt even notice me watching but one day she told me that it was time to learn since I had been so interested lately haha. Well I figured she would just explain what she was doing or at most have me try it on her like you girls are talking about but instead she sat me down and gave me a full lesson by doing my makeup and explaining all the steps along the way. At first I was hesistant and didnt want to let her do it but once I realized it was just us and it sounded like fun I gave in and ended up enjoying it haha. I guess she didnt trust me doing hers and didnt wanna risk me taking out her eye hahah.. Just a thought that maybe for saftey reasons and to get a good laugh you might wanna try this option, we both had a great time and it ended up being something we did every now and again just for fun as a joke and I actually ended up learning the basics along the way
smile.gif

-Eric
smile.gif

haha aww that's pretty cool, now i think i'll see if my boyfriend will let me try it on him.. thanks!! haha

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wear it because I like to paint my face... it brings back memories of when I was 5 and I used finger paint to draw on my face.
haha.

But yeah most of my guy friends dont dig too much makeup or non at all on girls... Lets just say the Face isnt their first priority anyway.

My bf doesnt like it if I wear too much makeup... since he did meet me without it... he does say he prefers me without but can appreciate if I do a good job on it as well.

I feel the same way about makeup. I used to love painting on everything, including myself. My late grandmother used to work at Cheeseborough Ponds (now Unilever), and they milled some of pretty popular brands of makeup there, such as Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, etc. etc. My cousins and I would have a blast painting eachother with it. I used to pair it quite a bit with the Halloween makeup that I had saved...

As for makeup, I don't think my husband could care less. As for me, he likes me as I am, makeup or not, although he is apt to point out someone with pounds of makeup on...

Originally Posted by Karen_B This is going to sound b*tchy, but I am in a b*tchy mood today...
I get very sick of guys asking why I do this or that - shouldn't I know men don't find it attractive? When I talked about getting my hair cut into a pixie do, one guy told me I shouldn't, because guys don't go for that look (I did cut my hair and I love it). I've also had men say to me how they dislike makeup so why do women even bother to wear it. And of course, the complaints about women doing their shopping in sweats - "don't they know men like women that are more feminine?".

Well, newsflash - not everything in the world revolves around pleasing men. Women have lives and wills of their own, completely independent of men. Women do not exist for the sole purpose of being eyecandy.

Ditto on that. Sometimes I get that feeling that we're just a commodity, or cattle to be judged solely on appearance. It's the twenty-first century and we're still considered OBJECTS instead of HUMAN BEINGS.

I think it's about time for the guys to have a turn at being the "objects" for once...

I think Men want you to look polished and finished and pretty, but they don't want to hear about makeup because it takes time away from them.

I wear make up to cover pimples, and well you look so bleech without make up, once you started it's hard to stop it. As long as you don't wear too much I think make up is a good thing. Some make up are good for the skin.

I am happy my husband doesnt mind mu, he only does when I go out and spend alot of money (which has happened 3 times in the last month lol) But I have met some guys who are not into the mu look, but all it boils down too is usually they mean the non natural makeup lol

in my experiance with guys, they don't notice if you're wearing any or not. my boyfriend does notice but only because i put on heavy eye make up, and he HATES that. i always tell him to deal with that!

I WISH MY BF WOULD LET ME DO HIS FACE!!!!! he would look gorgeous as a gurl! i hate him tho he has absolute no pimple nor scar!!! no freakles either ! i wonder if he has the dark pigment underneath his skin!!!!

I do think that most men would NOT want to see women with NO makeup. It's just scary to them if they see someone looking like a clown, lol. So I think less is more...

for starters men don't know jack about being like a woman unless they are drag queens anyhow so ignore them...boys are dumb.

secondly, I have heard it said by my father and other insightful men that women wear makeup more for themselves and even each other...that's right, to some of us it *could* be one trying to outdo another...or for those of us who are more secure, we are simply trying to look more put-together.

well, opinions, it depends on the guy!

I have heard men say "so and so is verry pretty," and a week later when she walks out of the house in joggin pants and no makeup, the same guy will say about the same woman, "wow she looks bad without makeup!"

my husband and my bro in law don't like women to wear a lot of makeup, i am told that after a certain point it looks clownish, almost cartoonish and bright.

To me a happy medium is the key as well as the right time and place...for example we wear light peach lipstick and light gold eye MU to the doctors office during day time; Vilolet eyeshadow and dramatic violet toned lipstick is fine for nighttime having a drink at a club....you know what i mean.

last but not least, I have had guys complment me on my makeup and most of them were straight, I wanna say it's almost 50-50 percent of men who think a lady looks best with certain kinds of makeup on no matter what his orientation is.

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif I WISH MY BF WOULD LET ME DO HIS FACE!!!!! he would look gorgeous as a gurl! i hate him tho he has absolute no pimple nor scar!!! no freakles either ! i wonder if he has the dark pigment underneath his skin!!!! HAHA have you asked him if you could?? or just come up to him with makeup and start doing it?? thats how I ended up having mine done for the first time.. It wasnt really a question just more of a sit here and be still so I can show you hahah!!
11a.gif

I hear this all the time, but I think guys dont like HEAVY makeup. Once some where in a magazine they had an article that ask'd 3 guys if they liked girls w/ or w/o MU. All said w/o but the magazine then showed them 2 pics of the same girl one w/ MU one w/o MU and ask'd which they liked better all 3 picked the one w/ MU. So I think guys just dont know what they are talking about! LOL

Originally Posted by eric /img/forum/go_quote.gif HAHA have you asked him if you could?? or just come up to him with makeup and start doing it?? thats how I ended up having mine done for the first time.. It wasnt really a question just more of a sit here and be still so I can show you hahah!!
11a.gif
i think he would rather have me spending all his money on makeup than letting me put makeup on him.i have asked him be4 he told me he feels gay using it other than for Halloween

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think he would rather have me spending all his money on makeup than letting me put makeup on him.i have asked him be4 he told me he feels gay using it other than for Halloween Well that sounds like a valid reason but you can always say you are just practicing for halloween
tongue.gif

i think most guys like women with mu as long as it is applied tastefully and

brings out a women's natural beauty.

Yeah guys say that all the time, but they always turn their heads to check out girls wearing loads of make-up.

Anyway, i don't wear make-up for some guy's approval. I wear make-up because i want to look pretty and presentable. I don't wanna look like i didn't make any effort to look nice that day esp. if there's a special occasion or something.

My bf has issues with heavy or dark colored eye shadows and so i tone it down a bit, but when i'm not with him...i do whatever i like. *wink*

guys dont like heavy makeup but they do like makeup. I wear makeup to cover up blemishes and to enhance my features :)

Originally Posted by melpaganlibran /img/forum/go_quote.gif for starters men don't know jack about being like a woman unless they are drag queens anyhow so ignore them...boys are dumb.secondly, I have heard it said by my father and other insightful men that women wear makeup more for themselves and even each other...that's right, to some of us it *could* be one trying to outdo another...or for those of us who are more secure, we are simply trying to look more put-together.

well, opinions, it depends on the guy!

I have heard men say "so and so is verry pretty," and a week later when she walks out of the house in joggin pants and no makeup, the same guy will say about the same woman, "wow she looks bad without makeup!"

my husband and my bro in law don't like women to wear a lot of makeup, i am told that after a certain point it looks clownish, almost cartoonish and bright.

To me a happy medium is the key as well as the right time and place...for example we wear light peach lipstick and light gold eye MU to the doctors office during day time; Vilolet eyeshadow and dramatic violet toned lipstick is fine for nighttime having a drink at a club....you know what i mean.

last but not least, I have had guys complment me on my makeup and most of them were straight, I wanna say it's almost 50-50 percent of men who think a lady looks best with certain kinds of makeup on no matter what his orientation is.

Very well said. =0]

my boyfriend actually likes how i do my make up. he compliments me alot of the time how he likes the colors and how i blend it. i don't know, it's pretty cool that he listens to me when i talk about it and he's getting good at knowing what things are lol. he was even telling me that some girl had it on so thick and didn't blend it and looked terrible. i think it's nice that he's interested in what i like doing.

Latest posts

Back