Hard Candy Moves To Walmart!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh...not interested. Hard Candy always seemed like a little girl to early teen kinda brand. Their packaging always looks so childish to me.

Originally Posted by akathegnat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ran into the Hard Candy into Walmart. The line is really cute. Doesn't look anything like the old except for the nail polish. Doesn't looks so pre-teen. I'm going to try and take pics next time I'm in. They have baked blushes and eyeshadows that I really want to add to my collection. Please do! I haven't checked our walmart bc I hardly buy cosmetics there. It's always cheaper at DS with their bogo sales. I have a few e/s quads and they're okay, not the first thing I reach for but I always need more blushes.

I am getting excited about this line, and I didn't think I would. I have already seen a few videos going over the line. I really want to try the baked blushes.

It'll probably take forever for it to come to Wal-Mart in Canada
frown.gif
I'm really interested in seeing pics if anyone is able to get some. I checked out their webpage but they are under construction, so I can't get any idea from there.

I bought a few things and have a swatch photo of my two blushes. They have a pretty pearly(not glittery) finish that doesn't show up so well in the pic though.

080-7.jpg

I made a video of what I bought so far here(two lipsticks, a plumping gloss, and the blushes)

The lipsticks are nice and pigmented...very smooth and creamy feeling. The plumping gloss didn't plump, but it's decent...very sheer color payoff though.

Thanks for the swatch! I like both of those blushes, I would have a lot of fun with them. Hopefully they will come up here so I can stock up on them.

Saw them at two area Walmarts. Everything looks way cool. The baked blushes look like they might have too much sheen to them(from what I could tell in the package). Sorry the pics suck. They were taken on my cell phone.

I saw these in our Wal Mart yesterday and the display was almost exact to internetchicks pics. Quite a bit of stuff but most of it was already sold out.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Saw them at two area Walmarts. Everything looks way cool. The baked blushes look like they might have too much sheen to them(from what I could tell in the package). Sorry the pics suck. They were taken on my cell phone. Ah- AWESOME!And you are in Washington, so likely the Walmart's in my area have them or will get them because our stores are hideously enormous and they like to fill 'em!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Saw them at two area Walmarts. Everything looks way cool. The baked blushes look like they might have too much sheen to them(from what I could tell in the package). Sorry the pics suck. They were taken on my cell phone. Wow...that is not the Hard Candy I was thinking about.
SHOCKED.gif
I might have to change my mind and check them out. I love the new packaging.

^bCreative-exactly what I thought when I first heard they were coming out at w-mart. I hated their old stuff. Looked very kid like. Now it's very nice looking...kinda makes me think they are trying to go for an urban decay look.

I think so akathegnat. It reminds a lot of people of Urban Decay, even though it's not affiliated with them.

bcreative I was surprised at how much I liked the packaging and look of the products. I may break down and get some once some more reviews came out.

Cool, I'm off to check it out---

Wow, it's 1/4 of the price it used to be.

The NP is only $5.00

Anybody give in?

Dalylah; "Quite a bit of stuff but most of it was already sold out."

== I can see why!!

internetchick- TY for posting the pics. Now I have to go check it out.

What did you think of the displays?

The lip one caught my eye, lol
smile.gif

I just saw it at my walmart a few days ago...I almost fell over! I never ever go into that department there, but my 11 year old son was desperate for a particular color of green nail polish that I have had an impossible time finding (yeah, I know, my addiction has infected him too!) anyway...there it was! I had forgotten all about Hard Candy. I think the last time I really looked at it was in a department store in high school forever ago. I stared at everything for a while...couldn't believe the nail polishes still had the plastic rings on them...but couldn't seem to make a command decision. now after reading everybody's posts, looks like Im off to walmart again (ugh)...my curiosity has gotten the best of me!!!

Originally Posted by CheriTracy /img/forum/go_quote.gif internetchick- TY for posting the pics. Now I have to go check it out.What did you think of the displays?

The lip one caught my eye, lol
smile.gif

I love the look of the baked products the most. I must be the only one who doesn't think the ribbon on the lipsticks is cute. I find it annoying, but the colors are nice at least. I thought they had a good range of products, and for the most part the packaging is cute.

Back