Hard Candy Moves To Walmart!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a small hard candy haul today. I will do some review after I get to know them. The packaging looks really cute and the shadow stick are in colors that I would definitely wear. If it is not complete garbage it could be and alternative to more expensive brands. I did not find the prices to be a sweet as I would like. It's kind of expensive when compared to NYX and Wet N Wild (great brands).

Quick update:

With my haul today I purchased 4 Hard Candy Intensifeye Shadow Sticks. As usual I used Too faced shadow insurance before applying the shadow stick. After applying the shadow insurance and shadow stick I applied eyeshadow. Before I could finish my makeup both eyes started to crease. Within one hour my both of my eyes looked like donuts. I'm shocked. I have never seen anything crease that fast or that bad. I would avoid these.

Walmart.com: Hard Candy Intensifeye Shadow Stick, Star: Beauty

i saw that the other day and i thought i was seeing things, i figured it was like some knock off of a cheap version of it made only for walmart. Now that it's sold in walmart i'll never consider buying it.

Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Within one hour my both of my eyes looked like donuts.
lol.gif
Sorry, not to be amused with your misfortune but that make me crack up hehe. Thanks for the update though. I've been eyeballing two of their nail polishes though.

I just got the Walk the Line liquid eyeliner in Night Sky. I was soooo wanting this to be good! It took a long time to dry & when it finally did it turned into powder & smeared all over & vanished.
bawling.gif
I so want a nice sparkly eyeliner!

I really can't remember if there was anything that I liked from this line. I am sure that now it's gone to Wal-mart that the quality is going to deteriorate...but you never know. I am still loving Milani and Boots at Target, although there is this really annoying sales lady that puts a bunch of crap on my hand at the Boots isle.

I was there the other day buying my beloved Loreal Voluminous and noticed Hard Candy. it had been years since I used anything from that line, but went ahead for an eyeliner anyway...whoops!

The only thing I've gotten is the bright pink blush. It's a bit sheer which I guess is okay so you can build up the intensity but I'm the opposite of most people. I'd prefer to have bright a$$ blushes that have too much pigment than sheer ones. I have tons of duo fiber brushes to take care of that...

I was looking into getting a new TM when i stumbled upon the Hard Candy TM. I dont have a Walmart so I ordered online. So far I really like it and i think the coverage is decent. I dont have problem skin but it makes my face look nice and dewey. Great for $8.

I too also bought the eye shadow sticks (I bought the bright green one) and they crease like CRAZY. The color is such a pretty green, but it's not the bright neon green that the container is which is misleading (oh well...).

I also bought the fortune gloss which is alright. It's a cute and clear scented gloss.

I was always into Hard Candy polishes the first go around. Now, I still can't resist the cute lil bottles with the rings. Silly, I know, but I love them and they fit my index finger perfectly. I picked up 4 at Walmart in January and love them still. Today I tried Sweet P. I also got 2 baked eyeshadows and 2 blushes. Like the blushes, but think the eyeshadows are kinda ehh. They wear off too quickly on me. I do like the lipstick and think the tube with the ribbon is too cute!
smile.gif

Back