Hate being Pale! (pics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katie I know what you mean,I am really pale too! I don't worry about it much,but it is HARD to get light enough foundations here and what bothers me aswell is that in heat I get crazily red and that shows A LOT! I like it when I have a bit of tan,but I got even lighter since I started using retionids...

You don't look ill to me at all! Your cheeks are a little bit pinkish, so you aren't totally pale. I agreed with Pinkbundles that a bronzer can solve your problem. And, I'm so envious of your flawless skin.

No, you don't look ill at all! You look very pretty and natural! Your skin is gorgeous!!!
sheep.gif

Have you tried Dove summer glow body lotion? It gives you just a small amount of color each time, I've used it on my face too and it works just fine

You are a very pretty girl, with a very nice, pale complexion. With a little bit of blush, and some concealer around your eyes, you will look HOT!!

you have beautiful pale skin which makes you look unique... you look like a delicate, porcelain doll
smile.gif
don't worry about what people say, there is a trend out there to look like everybody (maybe that's why 90% of hollywood girls look like Jessica Simpson's clone), so whoever looks a bit different will be always noticed and poitned put, sometimes in a negative way. that's just a side effect of not looking like everybody else.

I dont think you look ill. I assume your dark circles might be a cause for people asking you if you are ill. I have circles too, I always had them
augenreib.gif
but my glasses cover them partially.. I know what pain they can be. I don't know if you like wearing makeup, since in your FOTD you always go for natural look, but maybe emphasizing your eyes a little bit with a soft pencil or natural eyeshadows would draw attention away from the circles
smile.gif

but again - you look lovely and dont worry about stupid comments
smile.gif

p.s. I agree that some nice pink blush would make you look even more fresh and healthy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Andi I am pale in summer myself, with dark circles, even darker than yours (although mine are smaller if that makes sense) so I always use self tanner in winter. Andi, which self tanner you use on your face? I seen FOTDs of you and your face color always looks so natural.

you are not pale like sick pale. you are a white beauty, like nicole kidman for example. dont bother the skin color, you are to beautiful to waste time on that
wink.gif

I think you're naturally pretty. You can play up your skin tone with the right make up, I think that's all it is. You could always try a mystic tan on level 1.. which is not alot of color but, could give you a really nice glow..

my daughter has the same problem, people always tell she looks too pale and now she obsessed with that (she's 13) She just has a natural porcelain skin and I think it's beautiful. Have you tried tanning beds, I always burn but love the beach, this year I tried indoor tanning and haven't burned once as you gradually build it up, I have tanned to a very nice bronze that i never thought was possible. I know it's not great for my skin but I figure it has to be better than burning all the time.

All these folks are right. You look great. You don't have to listen to the tan hype, and skin cancer later is just not going to be attractive. Go to a good makeup artist or reputable cosmetic counter or just see what people here have to say if you want to enhance what you've got, but use the gifts you have instead of worrying about what you don't have.

lol! Seem slike everyone said what I was going to. You are beautiful and you don't need to worry about it! Really! Chin up Gorgeous!

I think you look fine! Of course I am super-pale myself, I was the first person the Prescriptives SA had ever met who was too pale for their full-coverage foundation -- and Prescriptives is known for making mu for pale people!
smile.gif

I'm sure it's just your dark circles that make people ask if you are ill, if you could find a good concealor I bet that will help a lot! I am using Prescriptives Flawless Skin concealor -- that concealor actually runs lighter than their foundations, so the Level 1 Cool color matches my skin perfectly, even though the Level 1 foundations are too dark!
smile.gif
Mascara might also be a good option, if you curl your lashes it can open up your eyes, and a light color eyeshadow can make you look more awake when you're tired!

I'll admit that I've been too scared to try a bronzer, since I'm afraid it will be too dark and unnatural on my skin. (Especially since I have pink undertones and bronzers are yellowy -- I actually have skin very similar to a redhead even though I don't have red hair!) However, I have found that a blush really does help, I personally like a light peach color, like Milani Luminous or Maybelline blush in Rose Silk (the Maybelline blush has less shimmer and pigment, if you don't want to add too much color). Just make sure to use a big fluffy brush, not the little ones that come with the blush, so you can get a natural, sheer application
smile.gif

As for self tanners, I've never used those either. If I used it on my face, then my face would be darker than my neck (my face is already just a hair darker than my neck without tanner!). If I applied the tanner to my neck, then would I also need to apply it to my shoulders and arms for when I wear tank tops? And would I have to keep applying all the way down, to my tummy and legs for when I wear a bikini? Basically, there'd be nowhere to stop without leaving a noticeable "tan line"! lol And I don't want to cover every inch of my body in self tanner!

So lately I have been embracing my pale skin... Yes, I was the palest person on the beach at my honeymoon in Hawaii, but I didn't care, that's just a part of who I am! Besides, at least everyone knows my blonde hair is natural since it goes with my skin
wink.gif
Though I'll admit there are still days in the summer that I wish I didn't have such blindingly white legs, but I have been better about not worrying about it as much!
smile.gif

You look fine. Dont let society make you feel any different. A tan person is in no way healthier than a pale person. I used to hate being pale but now I am fine with it. Out of all my friends im the only one that doesnt (I can but chose not to)tan and am hoping it pays off when im older
wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I'm sure it's just your dark circles that make people ask if you are ill, if you could find a good concealor I bet that will help a lot! I am using Prescriptives Flawless Skin concealor -- that concealor actually runs lighter than their foundations, so the Level 1 Cool color matches my skin perfectly, even though the Level 1 foundations are too dark!
smile.gif

I might have to check out that Prescriptives concealor, why do companies not make light colored ones? I have terrible dark circles b/c my skin is so pale (it's a lot paler than it looks in my avatar). I use Amazing Concealer in light and mix it with their white concealer to make a perfect match. It is expensive, but I have had it a year and it looks like it has barely been used. It is opaque too, I just hate mixing all the time. Dermablend is like 5 shades too dark in their lightest color, lol.

Oh Katie. I think you have beautiful skin and I love your pale skin. I have medium skin but when I have the under eye circles, I look sick and ill as well. Sometimes the under eyes circle will make us look ill. I suggest you to work on you under eye circle not your pale skin.

You have beautiful skin and I always love your FOTDs! I don't think you need to tan at all. I'd just find a kick ass concealor for the area around your eyes.

I am fair skinned as well, with super dark eyelids. When I don't have any makeup on, I can often look sick or just plain tired. Just a touch of concealor on my eyelids lights up my entire face.

I wouldn't do anything to it. I think it's beautiful.

I'm in the same boat, I have naturally pale skin. I also get very little sleep having two small children, so my eyes are ALWAYS dark beneath the rim. I just get a good concealer. I feel down about my white skin sometimes too... And JEALOUS of all those girls that can get that beautiful bronze color without getting sun poisoning!

Then I just try and think about how it's been thought of as beautiful to have very pale skin in some cultures for a long time. Then! I feel a little proud. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It helps some.

Back