Hate being Pale! (pics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by vanilla_sky
Andi, which self tanner you use on your face? I seen FOTDs of you and your face color always looks so natural. thanks! I use L´Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning gel for face and body. for someone REALLY pale it might end up too dark though.
and I always use moisturizer around my eyes and around my nose before. I read that somewere and it really does make sense cause those are areas where you wouldn´t naturally tan that much either.

Katie your gorgeous hun! I get my family telling me I look pasty and pale and it makes you feel like crap! Although my body has some colour my face is constantly pasty unless I've been on the sunbeds or on holiday (I don't burn so I'm lucky considering how fair I am but I always wear SPF!). I'm using Garnier Summer Body as my daily body lotion (it's on special offer at Superdrug girlie!) and it smells gorgeous and isn't dark so would be subtle but lovely on you! On my face I'm using Olay Everyday Sunshine in Medium/Dark because I find the lighter versions don't give me much colour (again Superdrug is way cheaper than Boots!).

Definitely invest in a light bronzer but don't get anything too dark and always blend the bronzer down your neck and decollatage too to give a light glow and to match your face and body up.

Just rememner - you'll have less wrinkles when you're older lol!

Originally Posted by Andi thanks! I use L´Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning gel for face and body. for someone REALLY pale it might end up too dark though.
and I always use moisturizer around my eyes and around my nose before. I read that somewere and it really does make sense cause those are areas where you wouldn´t naturally tan that much either.

thanks for replying
smile.gif
I actually used that one on my face but it seemed to heavy, i think it was clogging my pores. It is my fave body self tanner though! Loreal sublime Bronze has some tinted version especially for face, I think I am going to try it out.

I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I can so picture you with red hair. I think it would suit your complexion and your eyes perfectly!!!

And to answer your question, no, I don't believe you look ill. I think your skin is beautiful. Do you use concealer? Maybe you could put some under your eyes? Don't worry, I have dark circles too and I look sickly without concealer. Maybe that's what's giving you the idea of you looking ill. But still, you're beautiful
smile.gif

you have beautiful skin! tan skin can be beautiful, but i've always said that pale is beautiful! Ultimately your skin will be healthier in the long run from staying out of the sun. You look gorgeous just the way you are!

I think all you need is a little bit of warmth in your tone. I use Physician's Formula Bronzer (they come in all kinds of variations). Just gently sweep some on your cheeks, nose, chin and forhead with a Fan brush. Or if you want something even more natural, try using a peachy blush rather than a pink one. I think if you start playing with bronzers and self tanners, you'll find that the maintenace can be quite annoying. But if you must, I say start with Jergens Natural Glow and build a tan, you'll be less likely to have obvious patches or streaks.

In all honesty, I don't think you look ill. Your complexion is absolutely flawless .. it's beautiful!

Yay for pale skin! I also have hereditry darkness around my eyes, but that's easily covered up. I refuse to tan, not even fake tan. I like being pale.

your skin is beautiful...I think you should just lighten your hair if you want to look a little darker....

Katie,you are so beautiful, who in the world would think otherwise?I know what you're going through I think though: all throughout my teens and early twenties, I was told I'd look "so much better with a tan." That I looked ill and unhealthy. It upset me at the time,of course;only now do I look back and realize how absurdly everyone like that was behaving, simply because I wasn't conforming! It made them nervous somehow. Today though I am pleased with my skin, because it's how I'm supposed to look. And you have such starry,dewy skin--be proud! You truly do look like "a porcelain princess."

I think you look good! I have the same heredetary darkness around my eyes...I like to joke and say it's natural eyeshadow :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And sometimes it really seems it is! Unless I'm completely disillusioned :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've always been really light skinned. I normally have to buy the lightest shade of foundation that is on the market. The best thing to do if you are unhappy with your color is invest in a self tanner or a bronzer. Some self tanners are way too dark for people that are very pale. If you mix the self tanner with a bit of moisturizer it gives you a more natural tan. I personally love using my bronzer it gives a bit of warmth.

i think you look beautiful.

i too am pale. personally i dont mind being pale. yea people say things about me being pale all the time. and of course i make jokes right back.

You are NOT too pale. Trust me. You look really good compared to what my poor eyes have seen. I know girls that are still more pale than you are. In fact, I think Dita Von Teese is about a shade or two lighter than you. Tanned skin is over rated. Especially here in southern California where so many people look like brown leather...

If you would really like to tan without the skin damage, I recommend Glow Fusion. They come in shades and I tried the light since I'm about an NW20 in MAC shades It actually looked brown! Not orange or anything like that.

i wish i had ur skin and colour man all u need is a lil mascara and blush NO FOUNDATION and ull b fine i hate beign TANNN SO MUCH

You have lovely skin. You don't need to 'fix' it with sun or fake tan, because pale skin isn't a problem.

My skins is paler than yours, I just use a little bit of light bronzer on my cheeks. I have freckles as well though, so I'm a bit different.

Back