Have you dropped your Birchbox subscription?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy with birchbox. I spend $10 every month many times over on random things that might not be worth it.

People smoke cigarettes that cost $10 a pack and those provide no positive benefits. At least this I get samples.

It clearly isn't an effective nor valid survey.  It has no value if the surveyor has predetermined the results by the questions they are asking.  Biases are clear in this survey.

If she is planning to send this to a non-advertiser, this is clearly a violation to the TOS and should be deleted.  Why is this allowed to continue? Does the 'community manager' not hold to the same standards as the rest of the community?

What does she have to gain by forwarding this information to BB?  Why would they care to see a negative biased survey that has no tally for those that are happy with the service?

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a question about this thread.  Accoring Makeup Talk's Terms of Service:

Quote:

And according to this PM I received, the information gathered in  this thread will be passed on to a company that is not an advertiser on MuT. Which would qualify it as "Market Research".  Wouldn't that make this entire thread in violation of MuT's Terms of Service?  Shouldn't the rules of the forum apply to everyone?
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Because this survey, such as it is, is intended to back a predetermined viewpoint. It's not about presenting a generally representative view of the membership here or of BB subscribers in general--it's designed for those who have an axe to grind.

Well, this does seem like a violation of TOS but the idea is that she can actually get a hold of Birchbox higher-ups and present them with some data for the odd chance they will finally listen and attempt to improve the service. I think in the end this is to everyone's benefit.

There have been lots of requests for surveys, all denied due to TOS which is very clear.  No market survey of any kind.  No exceptions.  

Why are the questions to the negative?  Why does it not have any room for those that are happy with their service?  Why should they be lumped in with a comment that says 'I'm sticking it out' which implies that we are tolerating it to the best of our ability but on the verge of calling it quits?  Quite the difference in meanings between happy and tolerating. 

Its just a post for people to witch about something. 

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, this does seem like a violation of TOS but the idea is that she can actually get a hold of Birchbox higher-ups and present them with some data for the odd chance they will finally listen and attempt to improve the service. This benefits all of us here, except for those who don't want any change and are not simply content, but actually happy with the way things are right now.

I see what you're saying, but I'm kind of biased about this because I just cancelled BB. I really truly wish for them to improve but I know I alone don't have the power to change anything when all of my suggestions and emails go unanswered or I get scripted responses. Zadi on the other hand has insider connections and I really hope she can get them to do something about those issues - oversold boxes, 100% foil packets in some of the boxes, terribly slow CS etc. I only wish the best for Birchbox and I really want to see them succeed and win me back as a subscriber.

P.S.: I edited my previous post a bit after reading it again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> English is not my first language and my sentences may look a bit weird at times.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There have been lots of requests for surveys, all denied due to TOS which is very clear.  No market survey of any kind.  No exceptions.  

Why are the questions to the negative?  Why does it not have any room for those that are happy with their service?  Why should they be lumped in with a comment that says 'I'm sticking it out' which implies that we are tolerating it to the best of our ability but on the verge of calling it quits?  Quite the difference in meanings between happy and tolerating. 

Its just a post for people to witch about something. 

If she wanted to pass on a message, she should have asked what you think needs to be improved for you to return to your sub or want to sub rather than the questions in the survey right now.  There is nothing constructive being asked and therefore just a lot of complaining being posted.  Noone is really going to listen to the response of the survey, it has no direction other than  a message telling that their product sucks.  Who's gonna pay attention to that message?

Idk, anyone can email Katia and Hayley. Just their first names @ birchbox.com. Pardon me, I'm really not trying to be negative, but I wouldn't call that an "insider" connection. This definitely does violate the TOS in my opinion, and it's just a waste if we were to present this to Birchbox because it's just so negatively skewed. 

Well, I'm not a spokesperson for Zadi so it's only my assumption that she already has all of our requests down and she needed this survey simply to show the numbers of unhappy people when presenting the list of our concerns and suggestions to BB. I don't think she intended for this thread to become a rant place, although I'm sure with these poll options that would be impossible to avoid.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If she wanted to pass on a message, she should have asked what you think needs to be improved for you to return to your sub or want to sub rather than the questions in the survey right now.  There is nothing constructive being asked and therefore just a lot of complaining being posted.  Noone is really going to listen to the response of the survey, it has no direction other than  a message telling that their product sucks.  Who's gonna pay attention to that message?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny to note there are no complaints about this on the "pro" or happy bb poll thread..
About sampling bias? There are on that thread too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just really a complaint about the need to have more netural/all encompassing survey questions!

But I think the other one is just a poll, not "research" that is going to be handed over to a company? *shrug* Mebbe.

Kind of sad to see all of the claws coming out on this issue :/  

Many of us 'complainers' are actually very realistic about the fact that this is "just" a $10 monthly subscription service, and many of us are not expecting to see FULL SIZE makeup only items delivered right to our door, yada yada yada. We get that this is a 'beauty' sample box that we are paying for, and that the word 'beauty' can be very broad. It is a gamble every month. That is the $10 I pay and it comes with no guarantee as to what I may receive - it's my choice to make whether I want to take that gamble.
I think it is unreasonable for some of you to act as though Birchbox has no room for improvement - there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Always. And I'm betting that Birchbox would actually like to continue to improve and grow their business, so seeing some of you say 'if you're so unhappy, why don't you just unsubscribe' - well okay, I COULD do that.. but how would Birchbox benefit from that? They're in business to make a profit - great customer service and keeping your customers happy is key. If I were them I would absolutely want to know what I could do (within reason) to keep my customers happy so that they continue to support me and my business.. wouldn't you?

Kind of sad to see claws coming out. Period. Kills the forums for everyone; but everyone slips and forgets from time to time.

I always try to figure out what it is about Birchbox that can get others (me as well, I'm totally guilty) in such a fuss. Is it that we expect more for what we pay? I'm never exactly sure. I love just receiving mail, so that always redeems it for me. I hope others can see the positive in it too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back