Her Fashion Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the spoilers! I'm pretty disappointed in the fashion box. It looks nothing like past boxes on their site. I had counted them up for the past year and liked 10/12. It doesn't even look like they included a big ticket item. I won't go along with the RRP of $39 for the lipgloss since that's absurd. String bracelets and necklaces? Just disappointing. It's a good thing they sold this month at a discount (albeit a variable discount depending on whether they honored a given code or not). Dainty jewelry I love, but not gold plated charms on a literal string/cord. Even my 9 year old would be like "meh, no thanks." It's like they made up for offering a discount by lowering the box value. Not a great way to attract new subscribers.
Does anyone else find it irritating that reviewers have already gotten their boxes (usually gratis, which I have no problem with at all) when they haven't even shipped to paid subscribers yet? Handwritten address labels or not, that's a big foul to me from a CS standpoint.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the spoilers! I'm pretty disappointed in the fashion box. It looks nothing like past boxes on their site. I had counted them up for the past year and liked 10/12. It doesn't even look like they included a big ticket item. I won't go along with the RRP of $39 for the lipgloss since that's absurd. String bracelets and necklaces? Just disappointing. It's a good thing they sold this month at a discount (albeit a variable discount depending on whether they honored a given code or not). Dainty jewelry I love, but not gold plated charms on a literal string/cord. Even my 9 year old would be like "meh, no thanks." It's like they made up for offering a discount by lowering the box value. Not a great way to attract new subscribers.

I don't think they hit the value of $110.  Even the Australians are unhappy about this box.  I agree with that the $39 price point for lip gloss is too high.  I saw the item on amazon.com for less than $15.

I don't think they hit the value of $110.  Even the Australians are unhappy about this box.  I agree with that the $39 price point for lip gloss is too high.  I saw the item on amazon.com for less than $15.
And Australian residents got theirs for half off! I think I saw the same amazon listing as you for $15. Not sure who they think they're fooling. I mean couldn't they include one higher value item?

I cancelled my subscription to both boxes just based on the spoilers. I haven't heard a response back r/ the cancellation. That fashion box looks like cheap junk, nothing like previous boxes. And the fitness box is a huge disappointment. Looks like much of the value is coupons for Australian companies like A Gym, stuff I can't use in the US.

I requested they cancel my subscription and they responded with a "your Feb box is on the way" email.  Um, yeah, sure it is (still no tracking) -- but I want a refund for the March box you've already charged me for....

I requested they cancel my subscription and they responded with a "your Feb box is on the way" email.  Um, yeah, sure it is (still no tracking) -- but I want a refund for the March box you've already charged me for....
They responded to my cancellation email saying that they will cancel,my subs, but will not provide me with a refund for March and that I will still be getting those boxes. Not impressed with their custome service, each email I've received has had kind of a snotty tone to it. I'm glad I'll be done with this mess of an experience soon. I usually do better research before I join a company that has recurring charges, and I did do my research by looking at their past boxes...But it was silly for me to sign up for an $80a month charge from a company in Australia that no one I know has even heard of.

I received my Her Fashion Box today.  I had seen the reviews online so I knew what was coming.  The box is really not for me.  The lip stain is too dry for me.  I guess I could try it with the chapstick they sent.  I do like that they have a magazine showing the items.  There were pictures of a girl wearing the necklace and bracelets.  They are not my style but, it looked cute.

I also received the March Popsugar box today.  The value in PS far exceeded the Her Fashion Box.

I should be getting the Her Fitness box soon.

The Fitness box came today.  What a disappointment.  I cannot believe this is their inaugural box.  Glad the exchange rate is better in the US so I didn't pay the full price.  Definitely not worthy of $110 Australina dollars that they advertise.  They say the jump rope is $17.95.  You can get these much cheaper.

Here is a review that shows the same things in the box I received.  http://aliddlebitofpretty.blogspot.com/2014/02/her-fitness-box-feb-2014-box-launch.html?spref=fb

Even the Australians are canceling their subscriptions.  I will try all the things.  And I do like that they include workout card and recipe cards.  But, I won't keep the cards.  I can look up things like that online.  So not continuing the subscription.

Anyone else get theirs?

anyone else get an email today that there was problem with your payment? I am NOT happy about this as they already took the payment out of my account! I just want to be done with this company!

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They responded to my cancellation email saying that they will cancel,my subs, but will not provide me with a refund for March and that I will still be getting those boxes. Not impressed with their custome service, each email I've received has had kind of a snotty tone to it. I'm glad I'll be done with this mess of an experience soon. I usually do better research before I join a company that has recurring charges, and I did do my research by looking at their past boxes...But it was silly for me to sign up for an $80a month charge from a company in Australia that no one I know has even heard of.
If you used a credit card, please dispute the charge.

If you used a credit card, please dispute the charge.
I actually tried to. Put a stop payment, had the charge reversed, but ey just charged me all over again. And since the stop payment is dollar amount specific, it didn't stop the second charge because the Australian conversion made it a different amount the second time. I've gotten two separate email confirmations that my subs (I stupidly bought both) are cancelled and that I won't be charged for a third month of boxes. They are correct that I did not request a cancellation prior to being charged (their FAQS state you have to cancel before you are charged for that next month), so I'm just going to take the hit on this one. Meanwhile, I received my Fitness box and it is a pile of absolute junk. Worst sub box I've ever received :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got an email asking me to review the February box....that I haven't received.  So frustrating.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually tried to. Put a stop payment, had the charge reversed, but ey just charged me all over again. And since the stop payment is dollar amount specific, it didn't stop the second charge because the Australian conversion made it a different amount the second time. I've gotten two separate email confirmations that my subs (I stupidly bought both) are cancelled and that I won't be charged for a third month of boxes. They are correct that I did not request a cancellation prior to being charged (their FAQS state you have to cancel before you are charged for that next month), so I'm just going to take the hit on this one.

Meanwhile, I received my Fitness box and it is a pile of absolute junk. Worst sub box I've ever received
frown.gif

Try again-

try calling. I bet you can block all charges!

I got a notification from Paypal this morning that Her Fashion Box had cancelled my subscription and my automatic payments, without my consent. Did anyone else get one?

Also, I've been charged twice, once mid February and once mid March, and have yet to receive anything. I've emailed the company, but I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Are they canceling their service? (They obviously are having problems.) Am I the only one who got booted and, essentially, had $80 stolen from me?

Quote: Originally Posted by AndeeNero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a notification from Paypal this morning that Her Fashion Box had cancelled my subscription and my automatic payments, without my consent. Did anyone else get one?

Also, I've been charged twice, once mid February and once mid March, and have yet to receive anything. I've emailed the company, but I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Are they canceling their service? (They obviously are having problems.) Am I the only one who got booted and, essentially, had $80 stolen from me?
That is horrible that you haven't received anything yet!  I would try contacting them on Facebook.

Very strange that they cancelled your subscription.

Update:

I received the following email from Her Fashion Box:

Hi Love,

Our sincerest apologies but due to changing Paypal requirements we are writing to let you know we have to re-confirm your subscription with Her Fashion Box.

To ensure this is as easy as possible for you, one of our HFB happiness team members will be calling you shortly to help you through the process.

If you have any issues or questions please feel free to reply to this email and we’ll call you back.

Thank you for your continued support and hope you have a great day =)

xx

-HFB Happiness Team

Of course I emailed them back saying that I wasn't reconfirming a single thing until they could explain where the heck the two boxes they already owe me are!

I tried to cancel my subscription and this was their reply: 

Hi Kiersten,Thank You for your email.We are currently experiencing difficulties with our cancellation services. However i have just contacted the IT department and once they have resolved the problem we will cancel your current subscription. Please bear with us during this time.If you do not hear from us for any reason regarding your cancelation, please re-contact us via email.Kind Regards,AmeliaHerFashionBox.com

I already know that i'm going to get charged for April (It takes them 30 days to accept the cancellation and the next charge is in like 3 days or something) but I will not let it go farther than that. This box is super disappointing and not worth the money! It's Her FASHION box not Her Mediocre Beauty Products and Cheap Jewelry Box. 

I just signed up to Herfashion Box, I had no problems so far. Shipping from Australia can take up to 1 month, for some or most of us In North America. I mean its FREE SHIPPING, so thus, long shipment time. Im in Canada, I guess I will see what its like before I do a review and continue subbing, and or cancelling.

Back