*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The L'Oreal Magic BB Anti-Redness. I was hoping for something to cover my redness, not to make it look like I smeared mud on my face.

Also, anything from the Neutrogena Naturals line. My face burned and was red for several days after using their cleanser. Never again.

The Ulta bath-and-body line in Vanilla Sugar...oh no. NO. I went through a "vanilla thing" last winter and tis was one of many I tried. It came off on me as something that smelled neither like vanilla nor sugar, but more like musty cotton candy--just grossed me right out.

Maybelline Great Lash. I'm with everyone else here - why? why? why? It smears like crazy on me and smells awful.

Covergirl foundation - absolute crap, unless you like basically no coverage and, at least with the oil control formulation, a nasty smell.

Avon Glimmersticks eyeliners - my aunt gave me some as a present, I felt bad about giving them away (so they lanquish in the bottom of my battle station), but yeesh, these are bad. They pull and tug like crazy on my sensitive eyelids, and don't last more than a couple hours on my oily eyelids, even with primer.

Essie nail polish - don't like most of the colors, and most of the colors I've tried are difficult to apply without streakiness. Also chipping after only a day or two even with proper base and top coats.

Most Ulta eye products and concealers - strangely enough, I actually like their Amped Lashes mascara (it truly is waterproof on me, which is rare) and their Fabulous Face pressed powder isn't a horrible thing to throw in your bag for mid-day touchups. The eye shadows and liners, though, have next to no pigmentation and don't last even with proper primer. The eyeliners also pull and tug like crazy. The concealers don't conceal nearly as well as they should, and usually don't last.

Maybelline Great Lash. I'm with everyone else here - why? why? why? It smears like crazy on me and smells awful.

Covergirl foundation - absolute crap, unless you like basically no coverage and, at least with the oil control formulation, a nasty smell.

Avon Glimmersticks eyeliners - my aunt gave me some as a present, I felt bad about giving them away (so they lanquish in the bottom of my battle station), but yeesh, these are bad. They pull and tug like crazy on my sensitive eyelids, and don't last more than a couple hours on my oily eyelids, even with primer.

Essie nail polish - don't like most of the colors, and most of the colors I've tried are difficult to apply without streakiness. Also chipping after only a day or two even with proper base and top coats.

Most Ulta eye products and concealers - strangely enough, I actually like their Amped Lashes mascara (it truly is waterproof on me, which is rare) and their Fabulous Face pressed powder isn't a horrible thing to throw in your bag for mid-day touchups. The eye shadows and liners, though, have next to no pigmentation and don't last even with proper primer. The eyeliners also pull and tug like crazy. The concealers don't conceal nearly as well as they should, and usually don't last.
I have SUCH a love/hate relationship with Essie.  I wear the same base and top coat with all of my polishes-- some Essie polishes last a week, some last two days.  Some formulas are great and some are terrible. I've never seen such a disparity of quality within a brand before. 

I had a L'Oreal eyeliner that I loved the colour of, but it was one of those twist-up ones and it was just so dry and crumbly,a bit broke off every single time I used it, so I gave up on it. Collection 2000 and 17/Natural collection eyeliners I've had are rubbish, they are so hard and impossible to use.

Every single foundation I've ever had was a dud until I went to the No7 counter in Boots and had the match made service done for me. My skin is so pale, but I have a yellow undertone, so it's hard to find the right foundation, and even when I buy the lightest shade I still end up looking like I'm wearing fake tan.  

Blusher, as I cannot use it without looking like a clown, so I use foundation with a light hand so that some of my colour shows through.

Various black lipsticks and lipglosses I've brought over the years are useless, I want black, deep dark and vampy, not sticky wishy-washy grey, that is not a good look.

Barry M's lavender lipstick, it looked beautiful in the tube and one my lips, but went off so quickly, I ended up throwing it away, which made me sad. I've had some of their lipsticks for years and they've never gone bad on me. Even when this one was fresh it still smelt a bit weird.

Leighton Denny nail polish, I've never worn a nail polish that chipped so fast. Most of my nail polishes are in the £6/7 and under bracket, I really splurged and got myself the 'Friends of Dorothy' set a couple of years ago, and when I wore them they barely lasted a day. Polish doesn't last on my nails that long anyway, because they are rubbish, but I was surprised at how fast it chipped off.

EOS Lip Balms – Waxy feeling and wasn’t moisturizing at all (I’ve heard the Sweet Mint flavour is different from the rest but haven’t tried it)

Maybelline Baby Lips – Same as the EOS lip balms

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – I agree with everyone here.  It clumps, smudges and flakes way too much. Don’t get the hype at all.

Benefit They’re Real Mascara – I have a love/hate with this mascara. It gives me amazing volume and length but removing this mascara is brutal – it makes my eye lashes so hard

Maybelline BB Cream – Zero results as a BB Cream, more like a glorified lotion.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation – Horrible smell and broke me out

Lavanila Deodorant – I wish I like this. They smell really good but they just don’t last long enough. After 2-3 hours it’s like I never put anything on my underarms.

Rosebud Salve – Smell is REALLY powerful and it feels too greasy

Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. It's so thick, it comes out of the tube a solid. It's the consistency of refrigerated frosting, the tube is small and it just sits on my face- if I accidentally scratch my cheek, I have a bunch of founation on my fingers and an empty patch on my face. It never sets, even with powder. I'm sticking with L'oreal TruMatch, which feels like it binds to my skin. This sucks, because Stay Matte has been the only foundation I've found that perfectly matches my pale skin and pink undertones.
I also love this foundation!! It's my holy grail foundation actually!! I'm super oily and this is just amazing to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just stumbled across this thread, it's AWESOME! I just have to say my HC award goes to Be a Bombshell, Ipsy has a serious love affair with them as Im sure you all know. Everything I've tried has been crap-straight to the trash garbage!

The BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss. Maybe it's just me.. but the smell from them is absolutely REVOLTING. It literally makes me sick to my stomach and hurts my nose. I had to give away an entire set of minis after only trying 1 of them.. never done that before :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One I have had forever but keep forgetting to mention: the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream! No coverage, makes me orange...NO THANK YOU.

Back