*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the consensus about the Be A Bombshell line is that no one likes it! Except for me lol. I actually really like the sample lip crayon I got in my ipsy bag. I also liked the highlighter stick that I got in my ipsy bag a while back, though you have to be very light handed when you apply it. 

Guess I'm the weird one! 
Oh yeah! I forgot about the crayon - that wasn't too bad, now that I remember. I hated that one stick, it blended poorly and the big chunky glitter in it made me look like a disco clown, but even with the pretty okay lip crayon, I wouldn't purchase anything from that line. It's way too expensive for what you get. 

I have a new official entry to my Holy Crap list....Maybelline Master Duo liquid liners (in Violet Luster and Glossy Teal, respectively). I can make almost anything work well enough to at least use it instead of tossing it, but these are going in the trash can after trying to use them a handful of times. 

They are useless. They're streaky and see-through, with a gross runny texture that is impossible to build up to opacity. WIth other liners that aren't good enough on their own, I'll apply them for the shape, then put a similarly colored shadow over them. Even that doesn't work for these, the texture looks all rough and flaky. Just garbage.

Maybelline, I still love you for some of your lip and foundation products, but these eyeliners are junk (and I generally find that liners are generally useable, regardless of brand. Bah).

Photo Jul 13, 9 22 30 AM.jpg

I don't like anything by marykay. Also, the jane iredale eyeshadow primer...I was looking for something more natural...it did nothing!

Bareminerals marvelous moxie lipgloss... the smell made me GAG and it was such a shame because I loved the colors! I threw the set out because it was too offensive to my nose and I couldn't get used to it.

NYX Stay Matte Not Flat foundation in Ivory. I love many NYX products. This one though... I didn't think it was humanly possible to find a foundation too light for my degree of pale. But this made me look like a corpse. And as for being "matte" - I have never, ever looked so shiny, even without any makeup at all! I've tried to make it work off and on for a few months now, but yesterday after doing nothing more energetic than taking a nap, I was such a wet looking corpse even my husband said "what is that? That's bad, you need to wipe it off!"

I really dislike the Fresh tinted lip treatments. They just turned to goo on my lips. I'm also not a fan of Maybelline's express eyeliner or Too Faced's better than sex mascara. Both of those just transferred all over my face. 

@@EggyBread I liked that Too Faced mascara but it stayed SO WET. If I wasn't careful it would transfer everywhere. 

Adding to my HC list: Julep's double ended kajal liner.  It smells and sharpens like a cheap colored pencil from the bargain box in elementary school.  And a colored pencil might actually be softer. This is the actual worst eyeliner I have ever tried in my life. 

Latest addition to my HC list: MUFE Aqua Black liner. This basically was the complete opposite of everything it claimed to be. Not black, not waterproof, not easy to work with, utter crap. I returned it and went back to my $8 L'Oreal cream liner instead.

Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. It's so thick, it comes out of the tube a solid. It's the consistency of refrigerated frosting, the tube is small and it just sits on my face- if I accidentally scratch my cheek, I have a bunch of founation on my fingers and an empty patch on my face. It never sets, even with powder. I'm sticking with L'oreal TruMatch, which feels like it binds to my skin. This sucks, because Stay Matte has been the only foundation I've found that perfectly matches my pale skin and pink undertones.

Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. It's so thick, it comes out of the tube a solid. It's the consistency of refrigerated frosting, the tube is small and it just sits on my face- if I accidentally scratch my cheek, I have a bunch of founation on my fingers and an empty patch on my face. It never sets, even with powder. I'm sticking with L'oreal TruMatch, which feels like it binds to my skin. This sucks, because Stay Matte has been the only foundation I've found that perfectly matches my pale skin and pink undertones.
Sad!! I love the stay matte! It is very thick, so what I do is I use a stippling brush, then blend it out with a damp beauty blender. Helps to thin it out some, and then it will set better. I also don't use any concealer with it, because then it's too much. It is kinda a high maintenance foundation, but the color is right on for us pale folk.

Sad!! I love the stay matte! It is very thick, so what I do is I use a stippling brush, then blend it out with a damp beauty blender. Helps to thin it out some, and then it will set better. I also don't use any concealer with it, because then it's too much. It is kinda a high maintenance foundation, but the color is right on for us pale folk.
Y'know what, I think I'm gonna try that. Do you think a cosmetic wedge would work in place of a beautyblender?

I really dislike the Fresh tinted lip treatments. They just turned to goo on my lips. I'm also not a fan of Maybelline's express eyeliner or Too Faced's better than sex mascara. Both of those just transferred all over my face. 
My problem with these is that they are WAY too soft--they melt easily, and even turning up a small amount in the tube can make them break off at the base.

L'oreal Volumous Butterfly mascara. I've liked every other L'oreal mascara I've tried, but this one did nothing. Everytime I looked in the mirror, I thought "Did i forget to put on mascara today?"

OH Man... I am the only person on earth to like Great Lash! That mascara and "It's So Big" by Elizabeth Mott have been the only successful mascaras to not irritate my eyes to the point of tearing up.

My Crap List...

ELF Cream Eyeliners - Mine dried up in 2 weeks.

Organix Shampoos - They weigh my hair down and still manage to make it frizzy.

Big Sexy Hair - Leave-in soy wheat conditioner Maybe it was Healthy Sexy Hair (ipsy). It will make freshly shampoo-d hair feel like you're three days since the last wash. ugh.

Model Co duel eyeshadow - The darker shade was great, the lighter has SO MUCH glitter fall out.

NYX eyeshadows - Irritating! First the fall out, second, the texture is abrasive.

NYX nailpolish - Thin and runny. And it flakes off in less than 24 hours. I've tried the glitters, the creams, the metallics. Just disappointing.

L'oreal Volumous Butterfly mascara. I've liked every other L'oreal mascara I've tried, but this one did nothing. Everytime I looked in the mirror, I thought "Did i forget to put on mascara today?"
I looooove this mascara!! It's one I'll always repurchase.

One drugstore mascara I can't stand is the CG lash blast volume mascara in the orange tube.. I heard people raving about it and decided to try it and my lashes literally look the same as they did before I put any mascara on.  I do think it does something when you top it over another mascara.. but why use two when I could only use one?!

Found a new one, WnW Fergie Collection lipstick in "Fergie Daily". It looked like straight up heavy duty concealer in just one swipe. I have very deeply rose pigmented lips but this lipstick did a complete mouth removal. I'm returning it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
NYX Matte Not Flat foundation....major breakouts. Looks SO CAKEY even when you use the smallest amount possible. If you thought the Kat Von D foundation got cakey fast you ain't seen nuttin. That's what I get though for buying it on a whim...at least it was cheap. 

Back