*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add me to the list on the Organix line... how exactly can a shampoo/conditioner make my hair crunchy-dry AND greasy simultaneously? The only one with any redeeming quality is the Brazilian... but on the up side, the other conditioners are soooo slick that I keep them around for shaving my legs. Razor glides on all that silicone like a dream!

The apricot variety is worse. It smells like dirty undies.
My guy uses this, smells great on him, and the only brand that doesn't break him out. I've tried using his, and I smell like a mule afterwards. Body chemistry. I'll stick with my Secret.

Cargo 3 Triple action mascara- goes on like a dream, looks beautiful, until my eyes get irritated from it and I start looking like a rabid raccoon. Makes my eyes tear and burn.

Yes to blueberries and yes to cucumbers facial wipes. I really really wanted to like this brand. I got the blueberries wipes in my birchbox and when I used them, they made my face turn bright red. It looked like I had burned myself. I refused to give up on the brand so I went to Ulta and bought an entire pack of yes to cucumbers facial wipes. Those also turned my face bright red. From then on, I've been afraid to try other products from that line.
I read this & cautiously used a yes to blueberries wipe on less than 1/2 my face, 2 minutes later the BURNINATING set in. I just did my damage control dermologica & benadryl routine. I doubt I'll have the courage to test the eye goo they were packaged with on my inner arm. I guess I should, if only to try & pinpoint what caused my reaction. Then again, perhaps not, i've had extreme allergic reactions, every time I take antibiotics I'm on high alert for a trip to the ER, since epipens need to be replaced every 3-6 months & aren't cheap. /end tangent Add to HC list: hope in a jar -- I didn't do my research. Me & lactic acid are NOT homies. This was an ugly 10 day fiasco. Physicians Formula green correcting powder saved me, it is almost HG level. PF has been good to my sensitive eyes & reactive skin over the years, though. I'm also on the HC BaB caravan. Be a Bombshell? More like hunks of glitter in an awfully textured base. One stick & lip crayon. No me gusta.

I have a nomination for a HC product! Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair color safe soy moisturizing shampoo.  This stuff was thick, stringy and did nothing to my hair but make it feel like a greasy mess and I had not washed it.  It actually made my bangs crunchy.  I used it like 3x because I was sure the first time must have been a fluke!  No each time it was like I had never washed my hair.

I took it back to Ulta and the SA there was so nice!  Since I bought it during the liter sale she let me get another liter at the sale price.  I actually bought a Biolage and it was $22 but she gave it to me for $15.99 (the price it had been during the liter sale).  So a negative turned into a positive!

I'm not surprised that I see mentions of the Yes To products.

Yes To Tomatoes Skin Clearing Facial Mask

Yes To Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer

The mask seemed to *work* the first time I used it and then after that it would turn my skin bright red and irritated. Same goes for the moisturizer. I still have both and they are full, afraid to pass them off to a friend for fear of their skin going nuts too! I do have pretty sensitive skin (recent news) so maybe I'll pass them off but with a warning to patch test first. 

Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer - The primer is actually pretty decent but I cannot get past the smell! It's awful! 

Some Rimmel Kohl Liner. I don't remember the exact name of it but it was so glittery that I was getting glitter in my contacts. I don't want glittery eyeliner! Just basic black thank you! 

I know this isn't a makeup prodcut but the Crest 3D Glamorous White line (mouthwash and toothpaste) gave me mouth sores and extremely dry and painful chapped lips. 

Elf Lipstain - one use and then it felt like i was running a dried up magic marker on my lips. Same with the Palladio one. 

Did anyone like the Fruit Pigmented Mascara from Birchbox? I don't think it did anything...but at least it didn't irritate my eyes. 

Be A Bombshell The One Stick. LOL what a joke. First of all I got the Sunset color. WHO WEARS BURNT ORANGE BLUSH?! Certainly not a girl with ivory skin. Second, it just goops up on the edges of the stick and that stick is wayyyy to big to use on my lips. 

Oh, and one last one. I'm probably going to get flogged for this one..and maybe I just don't understand how to use it but The Beauty Blender. I had to use double the normal amount of foundation I normally do and even then I still didn't get good coverage. Any tips because I would really like to use it because everyone seems to love it! 

Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer - The primer is actually pretty decent but I cannot get past the smell! It's awful!  Some Rimmel Kohl Liner. I don't remember the exact name of it but it was so glittery that I was getting glitter in my contacts. I don't want glittery eyeliner! Just basic black thank you!  I know this isn't a makeup prodcut but the Crest 3D Glamorous White line (mouthwash and toothpaste) gave me mouth sores and extremely dry and painful chapped lips.  Elf Lipstain - one use and then it felt like i was running a dried up magic marker on my lips. Same with the Palladio one.  Did anyone like the Fruit Pigmented Mascara from Birchbox? I don't think it did anything...but at least it didn't irritate my eyes.  Be A Bombshell The One Stick. LOL what a joke. First of all I got the Sunset color. WHO WEARS BURNT ORANGE BLUSH?! Certainly not a girl with ivory skin. Second, it just goops up on the edges of the stick and that stick is wayyyy to big to use on my lips.  Oh, and one last one. I'm probably going to get flogged for this one..and maybe I just don't understand how to use it but The Beauty Blender. I had to use double the normal amount of foundation I normally do and even then I still didn't get good coverage. Any tips because I would really like to use it because everyone seems to love it! 
The fruit pigmented mascara actually burned more than my normal stuff when I got it in my eye. It was serious hellfire. Yes I get mascara in my eyes regularly, I am obsessed with getting at my blonde lash roots.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The fruit pigmented mascara actually burned more than my normal stuff when I got it in my eye. It was serious hellfire.

Yes I get mascara in my eyes regularly, I am obsessed with getting at my blonde lash roots.
Yes!  That stuff seriously burned my eyes, and most mascaras don't bother me at all. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner: The brown can't be used to tight line or on top of lash line because it smudges like crazy! The nude on my waterline makes me look like I have some sort of eye infection (a la Bob Costas at the Olympics) and less of brightening and opening my eyes. 

Yes!  That stuff seriously burned my eyes, and most mascaras don't bother me at all. 
I'm probably the only person that liked that mascara. I was afraid of getting it because of the reviews but I'm glad that I gave it a try. The Rimmel scandal eyes mascara in the black and white tube however made my eyes itch so bad I had to throw it away. Thankfully I got it for free in an influenster box.

I seriously hated the yes to cucumbers eye make up remover pads. gentle, soothing and cooling my ass!!!! Felt like battery acid. Luckily I only bought one during the BF sale. But send all your 100% pure to me! even the mascara. There are only 2 lines I have tried that I liked everything I tried and that's Hourglass and 100% pure

Cover girl eyeshadow trio. I used to love these and I've purchased a few since they repackaged them, wth. They are not pigmented and it's said because the old ones are.

The Body Shop lipsticks are just ... gross. Shimmerbomb, hardly pigmented, and smell soooo bad. Gonna try and return them (TBS even overcharged and scammed me at the register!) Along with a lip balm from them that smelled like artificial grape and tasted like soap.

E.L.F. Shimmer eyeliner pencil... gosh, the colour was gorgeous but it bled right off (ended up under my eyes even though I only applied it to the upper lid- wtf???) and it made my eyes water like mad. They burned after I took it off.

Anything from Hard Candy is greasy, glittery crap, imo.

I tried the NYC double sided lipstick and while the colour was gorgeous, the thing smelled like baby oil and was so oily that it slid right off my lips and onto my chin. Ew.

Oh my, I'm glad this is a thread and I can share.

-EOS balms. The product was heavy on my lips and felt cakey. Not to mention it dried them out more than helping them. I don't understand the hype with these.

-Almay Pure Blends anything. It has no pigmentation or staying power or anything.

-Jane felt liquid liner pen.......as well as most things from Jane.

Hate to say it, but the Naked Basics palette. But for the black, the shadows have zero pigmentation on my light/medium skin. Huge regret. Lorac Unzipped palette. In the pans, the colors are so me, but they are not nearly as pigmented or bendable as the Lorac Pro colors. It's very hard to even pick up a decent amount of product on my brush. So very disappointed in this palette. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in the compact form. Really wanted this travel friendly version of the loose powder, but it is hard and dry. Have to press the brush down into the product to pick anything up. Their mineral veil is just not meant to be pressed. Smashbox Photo Finish primer. Totally breaks me out. Unfortunately I didn't realize this product was the culprit until I had just opened a new tube. Also, it is ridiculously expensive when there are so many more reasonably priced primers to choose from these days. Elf brushes. The ferrule (sp?) has eventually slipped off every Elf brush I've owned. Even after just a few uses, I can already feel the ferrule rattling around on the handle, lol! Quality brushes are well worth the extra $ imo. Any high-end mascara. Period. There are so many drugstore options of equal or better quality.

I don't like Clinique. After I used their acne gel I couldn't move my face for two hours and it didn't really do anything other than making me feel like I'd been shot with one of the stun guns from Ender's Game. Plus their glosses are so sticky, feel like dollar store crap, and TASTE LIKE SOAP. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a soapy lip product.

L'oreal Voluminous Millions mascara looks pretty, but it flakes like mad.

I've never had a bad experience with Organix, but DesignLine is just awful for my hair.

UGH The Yes To Carrots Shampoo and Conditioner -- I still haven't recovered from the bad hair days it caused!! I got it during the $2 sale, but I haven't been able to chuck it because I hate wasting money. I'll probably give it to my sister and hope it works for her. Because of it, I sold my Yes to Blueberry S/C on ebay and will probably do the same with my two YTB face wipes. I'm too scared to use any of their products ever again!

Latest posts

Back