*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by KittenZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes to blueberries and yes to cucumbers facial wipes. I really really wanted to like this brand. I got the blueberries wipes in my birchbox and when I used them, they made my face turn bright red. It looked like I had burned myself. I refused to give up on the brand so I went to Ulta and bought an entire pack of yes to cucumbers facial wipes. Those also turned my face bright red. From then on, I've been afraid to try other products from that line.

Covergirl clean liquid foundation is awful. Application sucks and it's super obvious on the skin. Its also supposed to be for sensitive skin, but it broke me out.

Benefit the porefessional. I had really high hopes for this product but I really didn't notice any significant different after applying it.
I love the Yes to Cucumbers facial wipes. They seemed to be fine on my sensitive, but the Yes to Grapefruit facial wipes are a different story. Those burned my skin! I highly recommend the Yes to Cucumbers shampoo and conditioner and facial cleanser. The Yes to Blueberries body wash is ok. I don't recommend their moisturizers at all! They're a greasy mess.

I must add the Revlon Photoready e/s quads - they really are not good at all - but for some reason i kept buying them hoping i'd get a good one - i have about 6 in total, and only 2 of them are just ok - but still don't beat out WnW color icons.

I must add to my list.  This product was so horrible I almost scrubbed it from my memory!  Hard Candy Lite Bright concealer.  WORST. PRODUCT.EVER.  Even the medium shade was the color of elmer's glue, had the same consistency, too.  And it dried the very second it hit my skin, impossible to blend.  Still pissed I spent $6 on it and that was over a year ago!

Hard Candy 12 Hour jumbo eyeshadow pencils. OH MY GOD. I got one thinking I could use it as a base...it is the hardest eye product I've ever felt. Harder to write on the skin with than an actual crayon...

Hard Candy has their own version of blush-in-a-box. One is a fairly decent dupe for Benefit's Sugarbomb (unfortunately I cam't remember the name) but the brushes stink to the ends of the earth! Little ratty flimsy things about half the thickness of the brush that comes with Covergirl Cheekers, and after a few uses they're just a matted, nasty mess.

I have to add L'Oreal's MagicLumi concealer to this list. It does crap for coverage. Nothing at all. I'd be interested to see if anyone who actually has circles or spots to conceal has had luck with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have to add L'Oreal's MagicLumi concealer to this list. It does crap for coverage. Nothing at all. I'd be interested to see if anyone who actually has circles or spots to conceal has had luck with it.
Is this the one that comes in the clicky pen?  If so I tried it a couple months ago and liked it ok.  I don't have circles, really, more like slight shadows under my eyes and it did a decent job of brightening my under eye area.  Not great, just ok.  My main issue was that with daily use, I ran out in about 3 or 4 weeks.  The amount of product was pathetic.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is this the one that comes in the clicky pen?  If so I tried it a couple months ago and liked it ok.  I don't have circles, really, more like slight shadows under my eyes and it did a decent job of brightening my under eye area.  Not great, just ok.  My main issue was that with daily use, I ran out in about 3 or 4 weeks.  The amount of product was pathetic.
Yeah - it is the type where you twist the bottom and it clicks to get product out through a brush at the top, like a Stila lipgloss. Glad you liked it. I've been trying to use mine up. I can't use it as a concealer at all, but if I mix it with NYX HD Eyeshadow Base and apply powder over the top, it makes a fine eye primer. I hate to throw things away, so that's how I'm using it.

Quote: Originally Posted by azalea97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  L'Oreal magic bb cream.  Holy orange face!
I agree!

Also hated Buxon Lashliner, irritated my eyes and smudged all over.

Yes to blueberries and yes to cucumbers facial wipes. I really really wanted to like this brand. I got the blueberries wipes in my birchbox and when I used them, they made my face turn bright red. It looked like I had burned myself. I refused to give up on the brand so I went to Ulta and bought an entire pack of yes to cucumbers facial wipes. Those also turned my face bright red. From then on, I've been afraid to try other products from that line. Covergirl clean liquid foundation is awful. Application sucks and it's super obvious on the skin. Its also supposed to be for sensitive skin, but it broke me out. [benefit the porefessional. I had really high hopes for this product but I really didn't notice any significant different after applying it.
i think POREfessional is really great, it could be how your applying it- you can't apply it like a normal primer to fill in your pores. If you are interested, I posted a before and after pic and instructions on how I make this product work for me. Check out the "Uneven face" thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by MUMami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think POREfessional is really great, it could be how your applying it- you can't apply it like a normal primer to fill in your pores. If you are interested, I posted a before and after pic and instructions on how I make this product work for me. Check out the "Uneven face" thread.
I need to check that out because I can not get that stuff to work for me either!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ULTA's eyeliners. These liners are horrible. Especially the retractable liners. I made the mistake of using this product and my eyes looked worse than a raccoon after. Major transferring. Luckily I carry basic essentials in my purse or I would have been screwed. I really like ULTA's eyeshadows, so it was a pleasant surprise (actually quite baffling) that the eyeliners are terrible.

Estee Lauder's Doublewear Eyeshadow Base. The consistency is average at best. I felt that my eyeshadow creased and faded. What I really can't understand is that the Shadow Paints are superior and work better yet are not marketed in the way that the eyeshadow base is.

MAC's Prep + Prime Eye. Very similar to Lauder's. It just didn't work for me. The Paint Pots actually work better than this product does.

Clinique's Cream Eyeliner. When I use to use this product, it was modestly decent. Recently when using this product, I noticed a lot of irritation around my eyes and I also noticed that it would fade within a few hours. I don't know if they changed the formula or not, but it is definitely not as good as it once was.

Tom Ford Ultra Length Mascara. It reminds me of a waterproof mascara which I am not really fond of. Any product that makes your lashes stick together is just not a favorite of mine. He has other good products, but this is by far the worst yet.

Peter Thomas Roth All Day Moisture Defense Lotion. I went to ULTA and tried some in a sample. I started breaking out virtually instantaneously. I've used a lot of heavily concentrated skin care products, however; this one epitomizes a nightmare on the face.

Arcona Berry Fruit Bar Cleanser. I don't know if they changed the formula, but either way, it just doesn't work for me. I broke out.

Phillip B pH Restorative Detangling Toning Lotion. If I wanted to use vinegar, I would use it. This product smells like vinegar and worked like vinegar. I usually love Phillip B products, but I wasn't a fan of this one.

Fresh Brown Sugar Hand Cream. When it comes to Fresh, I have mixed reviews but usually the strengths exceed the weaknesses, however; this product is one of their worst, if not the worst. The formula isn't creamy and kind of smells.

NYX's eyeliners. These liners could be more pigmented. Especially the darker shades. They also don't last long at all.

Wet n' Wild lip glosses. Although they don't last long, the synthetic faux smell is really what annoyed me most. In the end, you get what you pay for.

JINsoon Top Gloss & Coat. I have used better top and base coats from a drugstore. Doesn't dry fast at all and after applying this, I noticed very subtle streaks over my polish. I like some of the stand-alone polishes though.

Calvin Klein Perfumes. Just not a fan of the "uni-sex" smell. Calvin Klein for "her" still smells like men's cologne. Prefer fruity floral, creamy floral, or acquired scents that possess fruity or warm notes.

I want to also add that although I love NARS, their nail polishes are very average in comparison to most I have used. They don't produce a color payoff as good as others. With Disco Inferno, I had to apply several times in order to achieve a fairly decent color payoff.

I am SO HAPPY that other people dislike the Organix line! They make a natural sulphate free shampoo and flood the conditioner with silicones! Holy buildup!
I hate the L'oreal Magic Lumi primer. My makeup melted off my face in streaks with this stuff. 
Clean and Clear Morning Burst Oxygen Scrub- Cystic acne..nuff said
Any of the Almay wakeup blushes. There is literally NO pigmentation
Any of the Covergirl Flammed out Shadow pots. Also no pigmentation

The thing I hate the most if the Neutrogena Grapefruit cleansing cloths. These literally felt like acid on my face. It felt like a chemical burn and my face..omg I just loathe them lol!
Okay I'm done 
rockwoot.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Calvin Klein Perfumes. Just not a fan of the "uni-sex" smell. Calvin Klein for "her" still smells like men's cologne. Prefer fruity floral, creamy floral, or acquired scents that possess fruity or warm notes.

Hahahaha...Totally agree with this! I have never smelled a Calvin Klein perfume that actually seems 100% like it was made for a woman.

I am SO HAPPY that other people dislike the Organix line! They make a natural sulphate free shampoo and flood the conditioner with silicones! Holy buildup! I hate the L'oreal Magic Lumi primer. My makeup melted off my face in streaks with this stuff.  Clean and Clear Morning Burst Oxygen Scrub- Cystic acne..nuff said Any of the Almay wakeup blushes. There is literally NO pigmentation Any of the Covergirl Flammed out Shadow pots. Also no pigmentation The thing I hate the most if the Neutrogena Grapefruit cleansing cloths. These literally felt like acid on my face. It felt like a chemical burn and my face..omg I just loathe them lol! Okay I'm done :rockwoot:  
I love the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit wipes. I don't think my face is particularly sensitive, though, and I know they do burn really bad for a lot of people.

Hahahaha...Totally agree with this! I have never smelled a Calvin Klein perfume that actually seems 100% like it was made for a woman.
Calvin Klein Euphoria. Horrible. I like fruity and sweet scents, mostly, and the musk in Euphoria is nauseating for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just used a sample of Calvin Klein Downtown and it seemed pretty feminine to me the notes are: Neroli Tunisia, Fresh Green Pear, Watery Plum, Gardenia Petals, Pink Peppercorn, Violet Leaf, Texan Cedarwood, Vetiver, Benzoin Laos Orpur, Musks.

Then again I never tried any other CK fragrances that I remember.

I've only owned one ck perfume and that was back when I was dating my husband 17 yrs. ago. I thought it was ok...nothing special. My husband really disliked it so I stopped wearing it. Never really found any Calvin Klein perfumes that interested me.

Calvin Klein Euphoria. Horrible. I like fruity and sweet scents, mostly, and the musk in Euphoria is nauseating for me.
Wow, I absolutely love Euphoria! I have a lot of perfume and if I could only pick 1 for the rest of my life it would be Euphoria. I get compliments on this fragrance somewhat regularly. Maybe it just works well with my chemistry. I can see why it would be said that it doesn't seem 100% made for a woman though, but I still adore it.

Latest posts

Back