*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.Wet n' Wild eyeliners always smudge and leave me with a messy accidental smoky eye by the end of the day. At first I thought that perhaps it was because they were cheap eyeliners, but I recently tried the Essence Kajal pencil which is around the same price and it works very nicely.

2.Revlon Photoready power ... I looked like a dried up mummy with this stuff on. Very cakey and dry! I don't recommend it to anyone!

3. Hard Candy Glamoflauge.... I know a lot of people rave about this, but my first experience right off the bat was bad. I was interested in it once upon a time when I was suffering from cystic acne, so I went to Wal-Mart to check it out. One of them just happened to be opened already, so I figured I'd sneak a swatch. When I squeezed it, a huge gush of oil squirted out. I'd guess it was mineral oil. Do NOT want on mah face!

- elf cream eyeliner. It dried out so quickly and was very hard to apply. - elf liquid eyeliner. Bad pigmentation, streaky. - rimmel eye shadows - I could NOT get these to show up on my eyes. I stick with WnW when it comes to drugstore shadows now. - NARS blush - pre 2013 formula broke me out. I love many many products from nars and will buy a new blush when I find a color I like in the new formula :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> - mac shroom e/s - not pigmented enough to show up on my fair skin without applying multiple layers

I was reading this and totally got dejavu . Is MUMami , Glamorable's editor ? I am a true follower of the Glamorable blog , and the same products were listed on this forum as in one of her blogposts ! Off topic , but I was just wondering. I completely agree with alot of these repeated products though! Almay remover wipes - ridiculously oily! Great Lash mascara - smudges , clumps , flakes ALOT My all time holy crap products is definitely the Color Tattoos in Barely Branded , this is the only color j tried and people RAVE about these. But it creases , loses color , and flaked when dry!

Quote: Originally Posted by leslieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was reading this and totally got dejavu . Is MUMami , Glamorable's editor ? I am a true follower of the Glamorable blog , and the same products were listed on this forum as in one of her blogposts ! Off topic , but I was just wondering.

I completely agree with alot of these repeated products though!

Almay remover wipes - ridiculously oily!
Great Lash mascara - smudges , clumps , flakes ALOT

My all time holy crap products is definitely the Color Tattoos in Barely Branded , this is the only color j tried and people RAVE about these. But it creases , loses color , and flaked when dry!
Glamorable is run by @OiiO  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by leslieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was reading this and totally got dejavu . Is MUMami , Glamorable's editor ? I am a true follower of the Glamorable blog , and the same products were listed on this forum as in one of her blogposts ! Off topic , but I was just wondering.

I completely agree with alot of these repeated products though!

Almay remover wipes - ridiculously oily!
Great Lash mascara - smudges , clumps , flakes ALOT

My all time holy crap products is definitely the Color Tattoos in Barely Branded , this is the only color j tried and people RAVE about these. But it creases , loses color , and flaked when dry!

Glamorable's Anastasia actually commented earlier in this thread
smile.gif
haha, somewhere @OiiO, isn't that right, love? I'll be darned if I can find your post though! (I'm obviously quite blind tonight, I swore I saw a post just the other day...). I believe she got the inspiration from this thread!
biggrin.gif
I must say, this thread is one of the best I've seen recently...it's so much fun to pour through!

Yup, I'm blind....totally missed @yousoldtheworld's post right above mine.....I think I need to eat something and go lie down LOL

L'Oreal & Lancome mascaras.  I know they get a lot of love from people, but they make my eyes burn and water.  And the smell!  OMG they smell so strong.

NYX Cream Blushes.  I loved the color but they are soooo greasy and made me break out like crazy.

Glamorable's Anastasia actually commented earlier in this thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha, somewhere @OiiO , isn't that right, love? I'll be darned if I can find your post though! (I'm obviously quite blind tonight, I swore I saw a post just the other day...). I believe she got the inspiration from this thread! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I must say, this thread is one of the best I've seen recently...it's so much fun to pour through!
Yeppers-peppers, I am here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought it would be a fun post to make so I sourced some of my favorite picks from MUT and MUA.
Glamorable is run by @OiiO   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for the heads up, Michaela, I probably would've missed the mention <3
Hi leslieee, I'm the editor of Glamorable :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I figured this was a great topic to write about, and I can definitely agree with many of these picks. Sometimes I think people who put these products on the market never even tried any of them :eusa_wall:

Actually I'm not affiliated with glamorable. I'm new on this site and just thought of this topic to bring up after seeing it in a random blog. It's interesting how the list is repeated though and probably is testament to what is really crap out there

Loving this thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Eos Lip Balm: I know almost everyone likes this but for me it makes my lips dry and flakey. It's such a shame because they come in such yummy scents but I have now tossed 3 of them for having an effect opposite of what I bought them for. Tarte Lipsurgence: I know, I know, I am alone in the dislike Tarte Lipsurgence corner. I wanted to love these but they dry out my lips so incredibly much that it takes days for me to recover from using one. Never again I say! Josie Maran Makeup Remover Wipes: Let me start by saying I love all Josie Maran products... Except these wipes. They just plain do not work. They might provide a cleanse if you are not already wearing makeup, but if you are wearing makeup they will do nothing go remove it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving this thread
smile.gif

Eos Lip Balm: I know almost everyone likes this but for me it makes my lips dry and flakey. It's such a shame because they come in such yummy scents but I have now tossed 3 of them for having an effect opposite of what I bought them for.

You're not alone here. I buy them because they are so cute, but they do very little for my lips. I do like them underneath lipsticks/stains though.

Glamorable's Anastasia actually commented earlier in this thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha, somewhere @OiiO , isn't that right, love? I'll be darned if I can find your post though! (I'm obviously quite blind tonight, I swore I saw a post just the other day...). I believe she got the inspiration from this thread! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I must say, this thread is one of the best I've seen recently...it's so much fun to pour through!
I agree! This thread is really interesting and relatable ! It has been my morning read all week :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Loving this thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Eos Lip Balm: I know almost everyone likes this but for me it makes my lips dry and flakey. It's such a shame because they come in such yummy scents but I have now tossed 3 of them for having an effect opposite of what I bought them for. Tarte Lipsurgence: I know, I know, I am alone in the dislike Tarte Lipsurgence corner. I wanted to love these but they dry out my lips so incredibly much that it takes days for me to recover from using one. Never again I say! Josie Maran Makeup Remover Wipes: Let me start by saying I love all Josie Maran products... Except these wipes. They just plain do not work. They might provide a cleanse if you are not already wearing makeup, but if you are wearing makeup they will do nothing go remove it.
I feel the same way about these items! I think the Lipsurgence 8 piece set is one of my more regrettable purchase of 2013!

Loving this thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Eos Lip Balm: I know almost everyone likes this but for me it makes my lips dry and flakey. It's such a shame because they come in such yummy scents but I have now tossed 3 of them for having an effect opposite of what I bought them for.  
You're not alone here. I buy them because they are so cute, but they do very little for my lips. I do like them underneath lipsticks/stains though.
I was buying them because they are so cute too! Their packaging and neat scents really suckered me in (Summerfruit just sounded perfect). I wanted to like them so ended up trying 3 different scents, but I ultimately gave up and went back to my classy Chapstick ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I feel the same way about these items! I think the Lipsurgence 8 piece set is one of my more regrettable purchase of 2013!
Yes, this. The Tarte Lipsurgence 5 piece set was my most regrettable purchase of 2011 LOL.

I don't care for the Tarte lipsurgences either.  In fact, any lippie with peppermint in it is on my bad list.  Peppermint, menthol, or anything that causes a "cooling" sensation makes my lips turn bright red, dry out, peel and just hurt.  After years of trying to make things like that work for me, I've finally gotten smart and just avoid them all now.

I just remembered a product to add to my HC list.

Pacifica Purify Coconut Cleansing wipes are the worst wipes I've ever used. They burned especially around the eyes! I didn't even finish the whole pack and that's rare for me. I wanted to like them so bad, but I just couldn't take the burn.

I have one to add to the list of products that burn. I did follow directions but had a reaction to it.

Quote: BRIGHTER SKIN Lightweight serum provides anti-aging hydration while strengthening the skin’s protective barrier. Helps to improve micro-circulation for increased radiance and natural fruit acids promote a more even-toned appearance. A great partner to the Age Control Day and Night products.
  • Provides optimal hydration and an anti-wrinkle effect with the Osmoter and Horsetail Leaf extract.
  • Anti-aging and wrinkle prevention with Dunaliella Algae, Vitamin E and Grape Seed extract.
  • Vitamin C brightens and clarifies skin and provides antioxidant properties.
  • Rosemary extract improves circulation for increased radiance and elasticity.
Directions For Use Apply 1- 2 pumps to clean skin, follow with moisturizer. For best results use morning and evening - See more at: http://www.ahavaus.com/age-control-intensive-reviving-serum#sthash.9MFyIHzK.dpuf

Smells good but this is a pass for me to ever use again.

It's not the peppermint that bothers me, it's the fact that the colors don't show up on me or they hardly last!

I don't care for the Tarte lipsurgences either.  In fact, any lippie with peppermint in it is on my bad list.  Peppermint, menthol, or anything that causes a "cooling" sensation makes my lips turn bright red, dry out, peel and just hurt.  After years of trying to make things like that work for me, I've finally gotten smart and just avoid them all now.

Aw. I love them! I'd try to offer take them off of your hands but my trade list is currently pretty nonexistent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not the peppermint that bothers me, it's the fact that the colors don't show up on me or they hardly last! Quote: Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@yousoldtheworld I love them too! I love the Tarte Matte lip tints the most, which surprised me.

As for the holy crap it's bad list:

Has anyone mentioned the J Cat glitter palette?  Worst beauty product I have ever owned. 

Another product I find overrated is Glamglow. Outrageous price with little result. 

Back