*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benefit's They'r real mascara... srsly.... my lashes are very straight so I need a good mascara that will hold the curl. This one just doesn't help them, I feel it's too wet and weighs them down. Smears all over the place, ugh .. no... 

Josie Maran Argan oil, broke me out like there was no tomorrow. :/ 

Jose Maran Illuminator, disco ball on your face... stay away... 

edit: Add the Urban Decay 24/7 liners to this list, they transfer to my upper lid... yuck! They don't stay on my waterline either.. at total mess of liners.. 

:/ Yea I think that's it... for now at least hahah

The lashfusion mascara that I received in a hautelook bag earlier this year was the worst mascara ever. Like not even usable. So dry and not pigmented at all. I've heard people who got it in their birchbox with the same complaints. I thought maybe I just got a dud but it sounds like it's just a crappy product in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Le Metier de Beaute Creme Eyeshadow - Wow this was bad. It just went on awful and came off awful.

Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads - They were really oily and left a residue behind. They also irritated my eyes.

Quote: Originally Posted by MUMami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

. Totally agree! And They have the nerve to put stickers that say #1best seller , or some crap like that.
  I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!  I have it in a bottle, not the pads, and it literally feels like I'm using straight oil.  While it does work, I have to agree that it is irritating to the eyes.

Philosophy Kiss Me Color gloss! I got one of these in some QVC special a few years back and it was atrocious--tasted like poison! And too bad, because the tint was really nice. If it weren't for the fact that I love Señorita Margarita 3-in-1 body wash, I'd never buy Philosophy again.

Maybelline Clean Express eye makeup remover - so thick and gloppy and doesn't work.  I actually like those oily Almay ones haha!

UD 24/7 liners - do not stay put at all on me.  Smear city.

EOS lip balms - they all stink!

Victoria's Secret So Sexy dry shampoo - soooo filmy.

Julep lip glosses - don't even last for 5 minutes.

Carols Daughter Black Vanilla detangler - smells AWESOME but almost feels like you just put hair spray in your hair aka way harder to comb through then before.

Totally second the Organix and Great Lash comments! Made my hair so dry and did nothing for my lashes.  Basically all Maybelline volumizing mascaras are really horrible imo.  Crusty and flakey and really hard to get off.

Wet n Wild Mega Protein Mascara. Worst I've ever tried. I don't care if it's nourishing my lashes.  It makes my lashes stick together like crazy and there is no volume at all.  I shouldn't have to find some other brush to try and separate everything (and that took a bunch of time and effort). Total mess. Not worth it, even though it was on sale for 2/$3.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybelline Clean Express eye makeup remover - so thick and gloppy and doesn't work.  I actually like those oily Almay ones haha!
So funny, I really like the Maybelline remover and hate the Almay.

Quote: Originally Posted by MUMami /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I may get flogged for this - but Im sorry, NARS glosses smell like dirty rags - I just dont understand?

I love the shades, especially Turkish Delight which looks amazing - but I can't get over the smell and cant get myself to buy one.

OMG, yes!  I just posted this somewhere - I don't remember - but I said the same thing!  NARS glosses have such a gross, chemical-y smell and taste that I just can't wear them. Can't go anywhere near 'em!  So if you DO get flogged, I'll probably get flogged right along with you!

Quote: Originally Posted by dreamiegurlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wet n Wild Mega Protein Mascara. Worst I've ever tried. I don't care if it's nourishing my lashes.  It makes my lashes stick together like crazy and there is no volume at all.  I shouldn't have to find some other brush to try and separate everything (and that took a bunch of time and effort). Total mess. Not worth it, even though it was on sale for 2/$3.

Totally agree.  Does absolutely nothing for my lashes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybelline Great Lash mascara,for me it was a horrible, wet streaky mess, I've tried it 4 times over the past 30 years and regretted it each time.

AGREED. I always think maybe I missed something, and I try it again...and still awful. Adds no length, no volume, just a bit of wet streaky color.

I agree with @princess2010 that Lisi is by far the worst lip gloss. EVER.

The stila sparkle liquid liners are so pretty but they flake off after a couple of hours...so irritating.

Nyx shadows are blah on me, too...powdery and not pigmented. I like most other nyx things I've tried.

Yep, that Maybelline mascara was terrible for me. Totally not worth it! I wonder who continues buying it and how it remains so popular.

Yep, that Maybelline mascara was terrible for me. Totally not worth it! I wonder who continues buying it and how it remains so popular.
But seriously. Who buys this crap?!?!

But seriously. Who buys this crap?!?!
I would rather use nothing before using that mascara. I don't care how jaded that sounds. Maybe older women who find that it has nostalgia or something, idk.

ULTA's eyeliners. These liners are horrible. Especially the retractable liners. I made the mistake of using this product and my eyes looked worse than a raccoon after. Major transferring. Luckily I carry basic essentials in my purse or I would have been screwed. I really like ULTA's eyeshadows, so it was a pleasant surprise (actually quite baffling) that the eyeliners are terrible.

Estee Lauder's Doublewear Eyeshadow Base. The consistency is average at best. I felt that my eyeshadow creased and faded. What I really can't understand is that the Shadow Paints are superior and work better yet are not marketed in the way that the eyeshadow base is.

MAC's Prep + Prime Eye. Very similar to Lauder's. It just didn't work for me. The Paint Pots actually work better than this product does.

Clinique's Cream Eyeliner. When I use to use this product, it was modestly decent. Recently when using this product, I noticed a lot of irritation around my eyes and I also noticed that it would fade within a few hours. I don't know if they changed the formula or not, but it is definitely not as good as it once was.

Tom Ford Ultra Length Mascara. It reminds me of a waterproof mascara which I am not really fond of. Any product that makes your lashes stick together is just not a favorite of mine. He has other good products, but this is by far the worst yet.

Peter Thomas Roth All Day Moisture Defense Lotion. I went to ULTA and tried some in a sample. I started breaking out virtually instantaneously. I've used a lot of heavily concentrated skin care products, however; this one epitomizes a nightmare on the face.

Arcona Berry Fruit Bar Cleanser. I don't know if they changed the formula, but either way, it just doesn't work for me. I broke out.

Phillip B pH Restorative Detangling Toning Lotion. If I wanted to use vinegar, I would use it. This product smells like vinegar and worked like vinegar. I usually love Phillip B products, but I wasn't a fan of this one.

Fresh Brown Sugar Hand Cream. When it comes to Fresh, I have mixed reviews but usually the strengths exceed the weaknesses, however; this product is one of their worst, if not the worst. The formula isn't creamy and kind of smells.

NYX's eyeliners. These liners could be more pigmented. Especially the darker shades. They also don't last long at all.

Wet n' Wild lip glosses. Although they don't last long, the synthetic faux smell is really what annoyed me most. In the end, you get what you pay for.

JINsoon Top Gloss & Coat. I have used better top and base coats from a drugstore. Doesn't dry fast at all and after applying this, I noticed very subtle streaks over my polish. I like some of the stand-alone polishes though.

Calvin Klein Perfumes. Just not a fan of the "uni-sex" smell. Calvin Klein for "her" still smells like men's cologne. Prefer fruity floral, creamy floral, or acquired scents that possess fruity or warm notes.

i was one of 'those people' who got suckered into Maybelline Great Lash swindle - lol

BUT - I actually like the 'Lots of Lashes' one for layering with other mascara  (its the one wear the brush is shaped like a teardrop)-  its good on bottom lashes too.

But the reg. formula is horrible!

...and WnW should get out of the mascara market altogether - none of them have ever been any good.

I won't call them my Holy Crap exactly, but I don't have as good of luck with Wet n Wild shadows as most others seem to...they aren't terrible, but not very pigmented on me, and the mattes are dry and powdery...the shimmers are okay but I seem to get ahold of more mattes and blah.

Organic Moroccan Argan oil shampoo & conditioner, I know some people love this stuff but I HATED both of them. The shampoo was thick & gloopy, didn't lather up, didn't rinse out and just made my hair horrible!!
This stuff really messed my hair up! It's been months and months of expensive products later and my hair still feels different!

Quote: Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So funny, I really like the Maybelline remover and hate the Almay.
Totally second this lol.. 

I really dislike the black mask by Boscia, made me cry... 

I also really dislike the dry shampoo by Psssttt or however u spell that :/ ugh! 

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybelline Great Lash mascara,for me it was a horrible, wet streaky mess, I've tried it 4 times over the past 30 years and regretted it each time.

AGREED. I always think maybe I missed something, and I try it again...and still awful. Adds no length, no volume, just a bit of wet streaky color.

I agree with @princess2010 that Lisi is by far the worst lip gloss. EVER.

The stila sparkle liquid liners are so pretty but they flake off after a couple of hours...so irritating.

Nyx shadows are blah on me, too...powdery and not pigmented. I like most other nyx things I've tried.

I agree that mascara does nothing for me but my mom loves it and makes her lashes look great.  That lip gloss is probably one worse things I have ever received.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would rather use nothing before using that mascara. I don't care how jaded that sounds. Maybe older women who find that it has nostalgia or something, idk.

Nope! ;-)  That stuff's the worst - clumpy, bad, just all around no good.  I never got the hype either, even after all these years!

Back