*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[@]luckymoo[/@] I like my glam glow supermud! What I don't like - Youthmud. I felt like my face was burning off!!! I got my Supermud at 50% off. I like it but not $70 like

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

luckymoo I like my glam glow supermud! What I don't like - Youthmud. I felt like my face was burning off!!! I got my Supermud at 50% off. I like it but not $70 like
I know, I know.  Lots of people on MUT like Glamglow.  I wanted to like it too.  It's just not for me and my sensitive skin. 
smileno.gif

[@]luckymoo[/@] I like my glam glow supermud! What I don't like - Youthmud. I felt like my face was burning off!!! I got my Supermud at 50% off. I like it but not $70 like
yep I hated the glamglow youth mud too. I felt the same, like my face was on fire...it was awful! I haven't tried super mud.

Yeppers-peppers, I am here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought it would be a fun post to make so I sourced some of my favorite picks from MUT and MUA. Thanks for the heads up, Michaela, I probably would've missed the mention <3 Hi leslieee, I'm the editor of Glamorable :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I figured this was a great topic to write about, and I can definitely agree with many of these picks. Sometimes I think people who put these products on the market never even tried any of them :eusa_wall:
I know! I don't understand how these companies even think of sending the products into the mass market. But anyways , I follow your blog and I really appreciate your work. Thank you for providing a relatable and honest source for beauty reviews.! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving this thread
smile.gif

Eos Lip Balm: I know almost everyone likes this but for me it makes my lips dry and flakey. It's such a shame because they come in such yummy scents but I have now tossed 3 of them for having an effect opposite of what I bought them for.

I hate these.  I can't stand the scent and the flavors.  I'm not a smelly flavorful makeup kinda girl, I guess.

I agree with so many of these!  I do not understand the hype of They're Real mascara AT ALL, it just did nothing for my eyelashes.  I have gotten 2/3 samples of it and I just recently got the full-size, I just keep giving them away to my family...

And lipgloss in general.  I just hate all lip glosses, they make me look silly

I have had really ad experiences with inomercial makeup, specifically the Lauren Hutton Face Disk and the Christina Perfect Pigment. The Face Disk was not only cheaply packaged, but there was little color payoff and far too many concealers; the magnets holding each pan in place were weak and afterva month just didn't hold. In addition, the marketing was kind of shady and I was stuck for three payments of $39.99, terms that had not been addressed when I made the order. Perfect Pigment was a compact with four separate pans meant to swirl together to make a base, then use each pan solo to make blush and contour. It turned out to be very dusty and each color ended up muddy from its neighbors. It came with concealer and lip gloss tubes that both were beginning to separate.

I don't care for the Tarte lipsurgences either.  In fact, any lippie with peppermint in it is on my bad list.  Peppermint, menthol, or anything that causes a "cooling" sensation makes my lips turn bright red, dry out, peel and just hurt.  After years of trying to make things like that work for me, I've finally gotten smart and just avoid them all now.
Same here, for the same exact reasons. They feel all around unpleasant on me so if I ever see a lip product with peppermint listed in the ingredients I do not buy it, no matter how pretty it is because it will cause my lips to dry out, peel, and will quickly be de-stashed.
@yousoldtheworld  I love them too! I love the Tarte Matte lip tints the most, which surprised me. As for the holy crap it's bad list: Has anyone mentioned the J Cat glitter palette?  Worst beauty product I have ever owned.  Another product I find overrated is Glamglow. Outrageous price with little result. 
I was totally going to mention that pallet but decided to leave it out just in case it started a multi-person tirade haha. Luckily it doesn't seem to have done so, but yes this is the ultimate HC product LOL.

DDF Brightening Cleanser. A.K.A "Holy mother of horrible reactions!" I broke out so bad on the side of my face from this. I had a cluster of angry red blemishes under my cheekbone that

took over three months to clear up. I was seriously traumatized by this product.

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream

This stuff is just weird. It's thick, sticky, dry and ugly. I felt like I needed a putty knife to spread it across my face.

It doesn't blend in and made my skin the color of a cold corpse.

And don't get me started on Benefit's They're Real Mascara. I washed off that stupid wand and gave it to my grandson to

use as a medieval mace for his action figures.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meshybelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  And don't get me started on Benefit's They're Real Mascara. I washed off that stupid wand and gave it to my grandson to use as a medieval mace for his action figures.
I love this!

Yes to blueberries and yes to cucumbers facial wipes. I really really wanted to like this brand. I got the blueberries wipes in my birchbox and when I used them, they made my face turn bright red. It looked like I had burned myself. I refused to give up on the brand so I went to Ulta and bought an entire pack of yes to cucumbers facial wipes. Those also turned my face bright red. From then on, I've been afraid to try other products from that line. Covergirl clean liquid foundation is awful. Application sucks and it's super obvious on the skin. Its also supposed to be for sensitive skin, but it broke me out. Benefit the porefessional. I had really high hopes for this product but I really didn't notice any significant different after applying it.

anything by be a bombshell, especially that damn one stick they sent out in ipsy bags last month

smashbox primers - they broke out my flawless skin and i still have dark spots on my face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

marc jacobs featherweight foundation - i really thought this was a powder foundation, like the kat von d compact or mac studio fix powder. nope, it's more like a pressed powder. back to sephora it went.

great lash by maybelline - it did nothing for my lashes. don't get the hype.

fresh lip balms - did nothing for my lips. don't get the hype.

tarte lipsticks - they melt and break on me.

kat von d tattoo liner - so glad that i spent 100 points on this and not actual money.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  anything by be a bombshell, especially that damn one stick they sent out in ipsy bags last month

fresh lip balms - did nothing for my lips. don't get the hype.
Agree with these 2 for sure!!  

ARGH!!!  I also ordered the lipsurgence set from Tarte....haven't received it yet...but I'm a little worried now!

I really didn't like the L'Oreal HiP Jelly Balm. I got the color Delectable and it's bright red in the container. I figured being "high intensity pigment" that it would be more opaque. It isn't. It's practically invisible on my lips and it feels really thick and gooey.

Wet n Wild MegaProtein mascara. I didn't expect much from it so I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt at first. I bought it as a quick, cheap replacement when I ran out my usual mascara and just needed something to last me a day or two. The WnW mascara is perhaps the most watery mascara I've ever seen. I have to stand very still, careful to not let my eyelashes touch my skin and awkwardly wave my hand for a few minutes to get it to dry. On the plus side, it is very easy to wash off with plain, ol' water. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Luckily, I only spent about a dollar on this; it was on sale so that's why I picked it. But I wouldn't even recommend it as a quick replacement unless you have no other options. I can't say anything for their other mascaras though.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I forgot to say lavanila lip shine. It's oil... in a tube... for your lips yay? It's so gross the feel of oil on your lips and just pours out of the tube it's disgusting. I'm using it at night right now trying to get some use out of it but i might just chuck it.
I completely agree! I bought 4 of them last year and I actually did end up throwing them all away. When the oily feeling went away, my lips felt drier than before. There was nothing I could manage to combine them with to make them usable. And while I love the scents of the LaVanila lotions, the Lip Shine scents/flavors all had a "plasticky" undertone.

I also have to call out Benefit Dr. Feelgood. Meant to be applied over makeup, I found that it just kind of removed my foundation no matter what technique I used. And under makeup didn't work, either. I think unless one has incredibly dry skin, this is one of the worst products to put on her face...and it's expensive!

Again referring to Benefit, the Stay Don't Stray primer is one of the worst I've tried. And again, it's pretty expensive. Even the cheap NYX eye primer (when combined with concealer) worked better.

I can second everyone who called out Great Lash. But, really, I don't think I've ever seen any posts about how anybody actually likes it (forgive me if I missed one in it's defense). As far as mascaras go, I also hated L'Oreal's Voluminous and Stila Forever Your Curl.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I completely agree! I bought 4 of them last year and I actually did end up throwing them all away. When the oily feeling went away, my lips felt drier than before. There was nothing I could manage to combine them with to make them usable. And while I love the scents of the LaVanila lotions, the Lip Shine scents/flavors all had a "plasticky" undertone.

I also have to call out Benefit Dr. Feelgood. Meant to be applied over makeup, I found that it just kind of removed my foundation no matter what technique I used. And under makeup didn't work, either. I think unless one has incredibly dry skin, this is one of the worst products to put on her face...and it's expensive!

Again referring to Benefit, the Stay Don't Stray primer is one of the worst I've tried. And again, it's pretty expensive. Even the cheap NYX eye primer (when combined with concealer) worked better.

I can second everyone who called out Great Lash. But, really, I don't think I've ever seen any posts about how anybody actually likes it (forgive me if I missed one in it's defense). As far as mascaras go, I also hated L'Oreal's Voluminous and Stila Forever Your Curl.
OMG this yes!  This is the only mascara I have ever had in my entire life smudge on me.  I love mascara and have tested a lot of them but this one was horrible.  After continuing to try it (I figured the fault had to be mine) I threw it away!  It is rare for me to throw something away but it was so awful I had to!

I also agree about EOS lip balms.  This is the only lip balm that made my lips peel in huge flakes (like when you were in kindergarten and put glue on your hands, let it dry then peel it off)

I too, HATE Benefit They're Real.  That is the only mascara that takes 3 different products over 3 different cleanings to get off.  And the results are no better than a drugstore mascara.

@Flowerfish called it on the Josie Maran Bare Makeup Wipes.  These things were horrible.  Did not remove makeup and were like $12!

Aww I like forever your curl
frown.gif
but if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work. I'm also finding the lip shine drying using it at night so there is absolutely no redeeming use for this product. Such a shame cuz i love their shower gels

Latest posts

Back