Holy Grail Items?? What are you absolute Go To's?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say my HG items that i find myself going to the most are UDPP in sin/eden. UDPP Pore perfecting, after receiving a sample of this I liked the way my face looked and felt after applying I didnt even use a foundation. Mary Kay Satin lips. Indie Lee lavender oil (thx to Beauty Army). Foundation: L'oreal True Match

Oh, there are so many!

From the lower end I love- ELF's eyelash primer, Coastal Scents eyeshadows (especially the 88 Original), Milani's Paint Palette and Felt tip liners and Maybelline's Age Rewind Primer, and last but not least any ecotools brush or applicator. 

Higher end- Urban Decay liquid and crayon stick liner in Perversion, Halo tinted moisturizer, and there new foundation is ballz out amazing! YSL lipsticks in any pinkie tan color, MAC brushes and Dior Nail polishes.

My favorite all time HG item is Origins Ginzing for instant de-circle, de-puff and brightening. Seriously, if I never was allowed to wear anything makeup or beauty related again I would chose this for me and for everyone I work with. I love it for photo shoots especially early morning ones. 

• theBalm's Stainiac in Beauty Queen (found through a Birchbox sample) - I love that it's a stain so it doesn't budge throughout the day. It looks dark and intimidating in the tube, but when it's blended it gives me the perfect cheek color.
  • Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in Shade 1 - creamy. a little goes a long way. hides my super dark undereye circles very well
  • Urban Decay's Supercurl Curling Mascara - I'm blessed with long, think lashes. Unfortunately they don't stay curled throughout the day. This is the only mascara that holds the curl throughout an entire 12+ hour day.
  • Benefit Stay Don't Stray - I have creases under my eyes, so this helps with the creasing. I still experience it, but this has definitely minimized the problem. I haven't tried it for an eyelid primer though, but it seems like it would probably work well.
  • fresh Soy Face Cream - I use this to remove my eye makeup. It feels too oily for my face, but works excellent on taking off eye makeup (even lots of mascara) with a small amount. It glides off and I've been using the small $15 tube for months.

I have a new HG! Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume mascara. Got a sample with my points from Sephora and I LOVE it!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a new HG! Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume mascara. Got a sample with my points from Sephora and I LOVE it!
Ooh, mascaras are my weakness.  Was it a 100 or 500 point gift?  I have some points that have been burning a hole in my pocket . . . 

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, mascaras are my weakness.  Was it a 100 or 500 point gift?  I have some points that have been burning a hole in my pocket . . . 
It was a 100 point and I LOVE it! But it was a while ago, so idk if they still have it...

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering how it's done.  Envisioning stick deodorant being rubbed on my face . . . Maybe a spray?  Does that really work?  The ideas that we get here are definitely unique sometimes!  I hate it when my makeup sweats off but I don't know if I could use an antiperspirant on my eyelids.  I'd love to know if you're pulling our legs or if it is a new trend in Asia.  Can you imagine being the first person to try it?  I know some people have extreme problems with sweat, maybe it helps them.  I'm sure some of the beauty rituals we use all the time could cause other cultures to do a double take, too.  I love seeing what people do in the name of beauty all around the world.  Fascinating.
I have been a makeup artist for almost 30 years as well as training professional and non professional makeup artists. I know how to make the face last for a minimum of 18 hours. I learned this trick from a mentor that had used it for many years prior to her teaching me. This is also a tip many female impersonators use to ensure they can get out of their lycra and don't ruin their costumes, they do theirs from the bottom of their feet to the top of their head and everything in between.

You don't rub the stick on your face , you apply it with a sponge or finger tips and never use too much.

I use Ban for sensitive skin, liquid or stick I would never spray it on the face it would leave a halo of color on the hair.

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been a makeup artist for almost 30 years as well as training professional and non professional makeup artists. I know how to make the face last for a minimum of 18 hours. I learned this trick from a mentor that had used it for many years prior to her teaching me. This is also a tip many female impersonators use to ensure they can get out of their lycra and don't ruin their costumes, they do theirs from the bottom of their feet to the top of their head and everything in between.

You don't rub the stick on your face , you apply it with a sponge or finger tips and never use too much.

I use Ban for sensitive skin, liquid or stick I would never spray it on the face it would leave a halo of color on the hair.
Do you apply it before putting on primer and foundation?  Curious to try this.  Thanks!

Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer and Dior Diorshow waterproof mascara. I reach for these almost daily and they never fail.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you apply it before putting on primer and foundation?  Curious to try this.  Thanks!
Apply before your foundation and you will not need primer, it acts as primer, you will notice a slick texture.

Be sure to let it set for a minuet or two and use only a small amount, too much of anything will effect your foundation application.

Good luck let us know how it works for you. 

Apply before your foundation and you will not need primer, it acts as primer, you will notice a slick texture.
So not too different from using anti-chafe gel, I presume?

Ah, this is a great tip!  I so could have used this last week.  I did full face painting for a princess party of girls from 2 - 15.  The teenagers would have been completely bored but I enlisted their help in doing glitter stencil temporary tattoos with Urban Decay's kit and they did some makeovers too.  The reason teenagers were even there is because 1. their sisters were there and 2. it's a small island and going to a party with great food and cupcakes beats sitting home alone, lol.  Anyway, I did a full face rainbow butterfly on myself to give the girls an idea of what they could get and because it was fun and also because hey, when do you get a chance to go completely crazy with your makeup?  It was an extremely hot day and I sweated through the makeup but couldn't rub it off for fear of rubbing my rainbow butterfly into oblivion.  The good news is it lasted all afternoon and into the night when I took it off.  If I would have tried this I think it would have helped tremendously.  I'll definitely try it in the future.  The face painting was a hit and I think I'll be doing it again for sure.

Dont have too many... as far as makeup...but mine are:
BeautyBlender

UD Primer Potion (Sin or Invisible one)

Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder (better than any dry shampoo you have ever tried)

Eyeko eyeliner

Jouer Moisturizing lip gloss in Wind (looks awesome by itself or over any nude lipstick)

Kerastase or KVG for shampoo and conditioner

Benefit the Porefessional (at least for MY oily skin its better than Smashbox Photo Finish primer)

BORGHESE Crema Saponetta Cleansing Bar for Face and Body (above and beyond what any other body soap/wash can do for your skin!)

Back