Holy Grail Items?? What are you absolute Go To's?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to add the Buxom insider liner, which I use for my waterline & the Kat von D. liquid liner, which I use on my top lids.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I only have naked one, and I haven't bought 2 yet because I can't justify it with the amount of overlap. I think they are both really great palettes and having one or the other would be enough to satisfy me, and naked 1 is an hg item for me. I could live without it...only if I had naked 2. If that makes sense! 
It does make sense.  I think we speak the same language. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The only thing that I've been thinking about Naked 1 is the fact that it has that velvetish cover and I keep Naked 2 in my purse and thought that maybe 1 would get gouged and linty.  Does anyone carry their Naked 1 palette in their purse?  I've carried other Urban Decay palettes in my purse, like Dangerous with 6 shadows and a liner in a cardboard palette and it fared fine.  Does Naked close securely?

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up mine at a SiJCP. However, the points from the purchase I made from them that day never did show up online, although the rep insisted that they would within 48 hours.
Ah, awesome.  I'll have to stop by when I'm in Florida.  When I bought my Make Up Forever Foundation kit and some Nars blush and went on a little bit of a makeup binge a while ago there I was worried that it wouldn't transfer but my points did show up.  I'm $28 away from VIB but I'm waiting to do it until I have a big list of wants/needs and the money to buy them so I can take advantage of the 10% off welcome offer.  Maybe before Friends and Family sale in November I'll do it. I thought about doing it to get the new this weekend VIB clutch with samples but I have quite a few of the samples and I don't have anything I really need and don't want to waste the discount or spend the cash right now.  I actually got $15 off the Naked 2 palette when it first came out because I didn't get the friends and family email so Sephora gave me a $15 credit without restrictions instead of the $15 ($20 if you're VIB) coupon that had restrictions.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be extra vigilant in checking to see if they award me my points when I go to JCP.  I guess that means that I have to get out of there with just the gift and spending less than $28 so it doesn't push me into VIB territory.  That's okay, I really don't have the money at the moment to go crazy on makeup, but it's so hard to be there without spending money, I'm like a kid in a candy store.  Sephora stores of any kind are dangerous. 

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another one for me is the Make Up Forever eyeliner pencils. Those stay on through a monsoon, or any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel.
MUFE and UD liners are boss. They are the only eye liners I'll ever need
icon_wink.gif

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - got it as a sample in a QVC test tube, used it once and I was HOOKED!!  Best thing I've ever used for my skin.  Even though I've been ill this past year my skin looks better than it ever has before.

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - got it as a sample in a QVC test tube, used it once and I was HOOKED!!  Best thing I've ever used for my skin.  Even though I've been ill this past year my skin looks better than it ever has before.
Great skin care brand. One of my favourites next to Shiseido Lancome Murad PTR

My HG items so far are:

1)Too Faced Primer potion.  I love it!  more than UD PP.

2)UD 247/liners, MUFE liners and I love MAC fluidline.  Also love Essence gel liner (sold at Ulta, limited color range but at 3.50 they work just as well as MAC

Still looking for my HG mascara!  

Guerlain Lingerie de peau

Kose Sunscreen, SPF 50 PA +++ 

shu uemura eye lash curler

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My HG makeup remover is the Deep Cleansing Oil by DHC.  Love that stuff!

I forgot to add my Mac's Oil cleanser to my list.  I'm on my third bottle and that stuff last forever. I keep hearing about the DHC one though. I'm going to have to try it next time I run out of Mac's.

Murad Oil Control Mattifier and Lush Big shampoo are my two HG items. I have some more, but those are the two I can't live without!

My HG products are:

MAC eyebrow pencil in Stud and Spiked

MAC Studio Moisture Tint in Deep Dark

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

ELF cream eyeliner - never thought an ELF product would be on my HG list but these cream liners are sooooo smooth and pigmented!!! and They set really well and don't move.

Will add more later as I think of things

Mine are:

Clarins Foaming Cleanser
Bliss Fabulous Face Lotion
Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB Cream
Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish (in Sugar)
Guerlain Noir G Mascara
Viktor + Rolf Flowerbomb perfume

Love, love, love all of these! 
wub.gif

All my HG items have to do with my face. I have incredibly oily, acne prone skin, so I depend on these the most!

• Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser
  • GoodSkin Labs' Exten-10 Instant Youth Boosting Moisturizer
  • Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer
  • Almay Clear Complexion Foundation
  • E.L.F. Tone Correcting Powder

I also absolutely LOVE Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes!

Agh! Another HG I forgot to include, I use them so often I don't even think about it: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and Boscia Oil Controlling daily moisturizer.

Although it is drugstore... I find myself always going back to L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black! 
satisfied.gif

Originally Posted by AriannaP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Although it is drugstore... I find myself always going back to L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black! 
satisfied.gif
High end or drugstore...doesn't matter. Just share your must haves! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It does make sense.  I think we speak the same language. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The only thing that I've been thinking about Naked 1 is the fact that it has that velvetish cover and I keep Naked 2 in my purse and thought that maybe 1 would get gouged and linty.  Does anyone carry their Naked 1 palette in their purse?  I've carried other Urban Decay palettes in my purse, like Dangerous with 6 shadows and a liner in a cardboard palette and it fared fine.  Does Naked close securely?
I'd probably rate the Naked 1's magnet at like a 3/5. It would be fine in a purse, if it opened up maybe the brush would fall out, but I've kept it in an overnight bag and dumped the bag upside down to find the palette and it stayed closed.

My Naked 1 palette is super linty, even tho all it does is sit on top of a stack of z-palettes. Totally makes sense. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

A definite HG item for me would be my Z-palettes. I have my Urban Decay BoS4, Ammo, Feminine, and Rollergirl palettes all in one, and drug store palettes in another one. So much less clutter and its easier to store. I found "factory blemish" ones on ebay for about 20-30% less than on the website, and the damage to them was just a scratch or two to the magnetic surface, which is hidden by the makeup.

Originally Posted by chayy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A definite HG item for me would be my Z-palettes. I have my Urban Decay BoS4, Ammo, Feminine, and Rollergirl palettes all in one, and drug store palettes in another one. So much less clutter and its easier to store. I found "factory blemish" ones on ebay for about 20-30% less than on the website, and the damage to them was just a scratch or two to the magnetic surface, which is hidden by the makeup.
OMG--I had no idea what you were talking about so I checked online.  I am totally getting some of these.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by chayy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Factory bemish?! That's awsome do you mind sharing the exact search term or the ebay seller you got it from? I love UD!

Latest posts

Back