Holy Grail Items?? What are you absolute Go To's?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get why Staniac is only good for some, and I haven't tried Time Balm, but you should try out their blushes and shadows sometime! Soooo great!
I totally will! I'm good on blush for now (NARS) but I'm always up for a good shadow!!! If only there was a freaking Sephora somewhere near me. I just moved and there's no make up stores in a freaking 60 mile radius! (sob)

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally will! I'm good on blush for now (NARS) but I'm always up for a good shadow!!! If only there was a freaking Sephora somewhere near me. I just moved and there's no make up stores in a freaking 60 mile radius! (sob)
o_O how are you living??!! lol 

• Tarte Clean Slate 12hr Brightening Primer. I use it as a primer AND moisturizer, plus it smells like orange juice! Best wake-me-up!

• Too Faced Shadow Insurance in "Lemon Drop" if this ever went away i'm sure my world would end! It cures my horriable red vainy lids.

• Maybelline Instant age rewind eraser dark circle treatment. Best under eye concealer period!

• Tarte "Gifted" mascara or Rimmel volume accelerator mascara. Both give that wonderful "false eyelash" effect. I wont use anything else.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap

Revlon Photoready Foundation

UDPP

I am currently hunting for my HG mascara. I have tried so many but almost all of them irritate my eyes or look horrible.
What about Tarte? They have clay based mascara...Mine tends to run a bit as the formula isn't 'sticky' or 'thick', but for sensitive eyes it might be worth the try. I think it's around $35...

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

o_O how are you living??!! lol 
I can't lie. I'm a little sad!!! There's one kind of near my sister's school, so when I go to help her move in maybe I'll try to hit that Sephora!

I can't lie. I'm a little sad!!! There's one kind of near my sister's school, so when I go to help her move in maybe I'll try to hit that Sephora!
I miss working there. I'm re-applying!

No but I just read about it on Sephora. Looks like it doesn't have all the usual irritants in it. Maybe I need to try it...gonna go do a little more poking around to see what I can find out. Do you have sensitive skin or eyes as well?
I definitely have sensitive skin, but I don't think my eyes are too sensitive. However, I did try some other mascaras recently amd one of them kept stinging my eyes, so maybe? I have been trying other mascaras recently just to see, but I used Fresh SuperNova for years and years. It seems to be a thicker formula than most and it works really well for my longer lashes. They usually sell the minis at Sephora for like $10 when u can find them...good way to try it out. Even though for some reason, I find the minis don't work quite as well as the regular. That mascara doesn't get much attention, but it has been my fave for a long time. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my! No make-up stores for so many miles...gah!! That could be good for the pocket but then again, online shopping is way too easy!!

Which Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap product is the best?  The pump one that says its a face wash & mask??

My Must Haves:

Physicans Formula Translucent Powder

Revlon Peach Parfait Lip Butter

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Originally Posted by PDubA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap product is the best?  The pump one that says its a face wash & mask??
It's official name is Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Face Wash and Mask. So yes. Love that stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get why Staniac is only good for some, and I haven't tried Time Balm, but you should try out their blushes and shadows sometime! Soooo great!

I feel your pain - it's a 3+ hour drive to the nearest Sephora for me :'(

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my! No make-up stores for so many miles...gah!! That could be good for the pocket but then again, online shopping is way too easy!!
It's good and bad! I've definitely been doing some online shopping lately, but only for samples/things I needed to refill. I like going to play with the makeup... so I'm sad I won't be able to swatch stuff!!!

That is awful!!!

When I go home for thanksgiving I'm doing a Sephora run!

I have two items that I feel are non interchangeable, don't cost too much, and really work better than anything else I've tried: Watts Beauty ArganGoldTM 100% Certified Organic Cold Pressed Argan Nut Oil (buy from Amazon) I use this in my eye area as a moisturizer morning and night. I'm 43 with the eyes of a twenty five year old. Not even a fine line or wrinkle anywhere to be found. I also buy a years supply (bulk) of mineral foundation from eBay, that saves me hundreds of dollars over bare escentuals. Other than that there are many good fragrances, serums, hair care products, mascaras, eye liners, and moisturizers and I do mix up them up based on promotions, price, availability, etc. I also really like 40 carrots eye serum.

Shiseido Lash Curler

Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base

Mac Eyebrow Crayon in Spiked (It's dupe, Maybelline Eyebrow Definer in Dark Brown got discontinued BUT I found them for a buck at Dollar Tree so I stocked up)

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

MUFE Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N4

Clean n Clear oil blotting sheets

Mac Blot Powder

Smashbox Lip Pencil in Pro - this was discontinued years ago but I found a website that was reselling it and I stocked up

Anastasia Clear Brow Gel

All this minus the lip products use when I get fully made up. I might interchange my mascara but I always fall back on the Falsies. The lip products give me the absolute best my lips but better look and wear beautifully imo.

Edit:

Forgot UDPP the original and Eden, I have a few others that I've tried that work just as great that I periodically rotate, but I when in doubt I always use UDPP original and Eden to help with redness and darkness.

I understand you guys too, the nearest Sephora to me is an hour and 50 minute plane trip and then an hour and a half on the Tri-Rail.  Plus, my ride while I'm in Florida (Gram) hates going to CityPlace, (I think it has to do with parking) and so prefers to go to the Sephora in JCPenney's which is NOT the same thing.  I called the Sephora in CityPlace and they said only stand alone Sephora stores carried Make Up Forever and I was wanting to get matched for the right foundation shade and we still ended up at Penney's.  I get my strong will from her. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  She always wins though, she's had more experience using hers, lol.  Thank goodness they did end up having it, otherwise I was going to just play around with some samples and figure out what to get instead.  Does anyone know if Penney's honors the Sugar Rose mini month of your birthday gift?

So far my holy grail items are:

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara - just can't go back to raccoon eyes and smudging after using the beauty tubes that stay put all day

Naked 2 palette - I even like the included brush, very soft - for girls with the original Naked, should I get it?  Do you love it more than Naked 2?  It seems to be the HG more than 2 for most.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips - never chip, last for up to 15 days on my fingers, over 6 weeks on toes, maybe more, I get bored and change them, get lots of comments from the most random people, it's fun, even guys notice my black and white houndstooth toes and think that I'm some kind of nail art genius - I wish!

Tarte for True Blood Palette

Tarte for True Blood Lipsurgence

Urban Decay's 24/7 liners, especially the Naked set and the purples

Ren Glycolic Peel Mask and byTerry Rose Comfort Creme (expensive but I've gotten lots of samples through trades and a little goes a long way) for night time alternating with other serums and vitamin C antioxidant potions like Skinceutical's CE Ferulic or whatever I'm testing that week, it calms my skin and I love the rose scent of the cream, feels luxurious to me

Olay Dupe for Clarisonic - want to get an actual Clarisonic and try it, waiting for anniversary code from Birchbox to combine with points and get a Mia

Shea Terra Black Soap with Rosehips - THE best mask/cleanser, my pores look so much happier after a mask/deep cleanse with this.  The smell is a bit strong but this stuff works!

Any long lasting lip color like Covergirl Outlast or L'Oreal Infallible, I've been looking for a high end dupe to see what they're like and can't find any that are similar - I love having red lips and keeping them really red through dinner, wine, kissing, even falling asleep and having bright red lips in the morning with no pillow transfer when I'm bad and just do a quick swipe of a beauty wipe over the rest of my face before I fall asleep.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gifDoes anyone know if Penney's honors the Sugar Rose mini month of your birthday gift?
I picked up mine at a SiJCP. However, the points from the purchase I made from them that day never did show up online, although the rep insisted that they would within 48 hours.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Naked 2 palette - I even like the included brush, very soft - for girls with the original Naked, should I get it?  Do you love it more than Naked 2?  It seems to be the HG more than 2 for most.
I only have naked one, and I haven't bought 2 yet because I can't justify it with the amount of overlap. I think they are both really great palettes and having one or the other would be enough to satisfy me, and naked 1 is an hg item for me. I could live without it...only if I had naked 2. If that makes sense! 

Another one for me is the Make Up Forever eyeliner pencils. Those stay on through a monsoon, or any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel.

Back