Holy Grail Items?? What are you absolute Go To's?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DBGenevieve /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Factory bemish?! That's awsome do you mind sharing the exact search term or the ebay seller you got it from? I love UD!
I think they're referring to the Z palettes..they sell them at a discount on Ebay.

Speaking of UD, my Naked 2 palette is something that's a HG for me, too..can't believe I forgot about that! I love the hard case, which is sleek and sturdy, so I can toss it in my purse for fix ups and take it anywhere! I find myself reaching for it constantly and have to make myself stop and try other shadows lol..also my Tarte emphasEyes waterproof gel liner is a must have! I got it in a kit and it didn't include the brush, but not an issue..I have other brushes I use with it. It stays put all day and a little goes a long way..I've had this for a few months, but have barely put a dent in this sucker!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they're referring to the Z palettes..they sell them at a discount on Ebay.
Gotcha! I've seen those but I didn't read the post correctly
blink.gif

Gotcha! I've seen those but I didn't read the post correctly
blink.gif
I apologize, it is the z-palettes that are factory blemished. UD palettes do get pretty cheap when they put them on sale on their website, tho. That's where I got a few of mine. I also check hautelook religiously to make sure I don't miss an UD flash sale on there.

1) MAC STROBE CREAM

I mix this with foundations constantly to help them apply easily and look luminous. A tiny dab goes a long way, and I find that it works equally as wonderfully on everyone.

2) MAC WATER BASED MIXING MEDIUM

I use a lot of loose shadows and pigments. In fact, I prefer them to loose shadows. I'm used to working in on-set conditions where makeup has to be vibrant enough that studio lights won't wash it out. This stuff is the bomb for using pigments wet. Just a little bit mixed with the powder increases the vibrancy threefold, and helps adhere pigments for a stay-put, bold finish that is second to none.

3) COVERGIRL LIPPERFECTION LIPSTICKS IN SPELLBOUND AND DELISH

It's wonderful to have a solid, dependable nude lipstick as well as a vibrant pink. I alternate the two of these in my daily use, and they also come in handy on set. Vibrant lips are always a mainstay with neutral looks.

4) REVLON BEYOND NATURAL LASHES

These lashes are the shizzle, my nizzle. The Double Wink style are my absolute go-to for myself for daily use. They're extremely full and dramatic, and easy to wear because of the thin, malleable band. These are the best extreme lashes you can find at the drugstore.

5) GLAMOUR DOLL EYES PIGMENTS

Glamour doll eyes will always be my favourite in terms of shadows. They have a gigantic array of shades at an extremely reasonable price, and the quality definitely exceeds the price point. I love buying from independent companies, because it lets you know exactly what you're buying and who it's coming from. It's better to support small businesses these days, especially if the independent business is %&@#in' awesome.

5) GLAMOUR DOLL EYES PIGMENTS

Glamour doll eyes will always be my favourite in terms of shadows. They have a gigantic array of shades at an extremely reasonable price, and the quality definitely exceeds the price point. I love buying from independent companies, because it lets you know exactly what you're buying and who it's coming from. It's better to support small businesses these days, especially if the independent business is %&@#in' awesome.
They're working their way up there for me, too! I just got a random grab bag of 10 sample jars (and of course the two free sample baggies) and I adore every single shade she sent. I had sampled 8 or 9 shades before, and loved all of them, too! I haven't even bought any full sized pigments yet because I'm having so much fun trying new ones and the sample jars are so cute and generous. Definitely my favorite loose shadows/pigments!

I'd happily pare my collection down to Cargo pressed shadows and GDE loose pigments. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Holy balls, I know, right?! I started with samples too, and now I have 22 jars. I plan on getting at least three times this amount. They share my photos on their Facebook all the time. Vee is just the greatest. Haha.

As far as make-up goes, I always have Maybelline Great Lash. I use other mascaras for various things, but this is the one I always have to have on hand and what I use when I want to wear as little makeup as I can. I've used it for years and it's so perfect. I just bought the purple Great Lash too, and it's amazing!! Also, I use regular old Noxema Original Deep Cleansing Cream and St. Ives Apricot scrub every morning! I use different cleansers at night for more specific skin needs, but when i just want my face to feel clean and smooth, those 2 are still the best. I've used that combo forever! 

My new HG item has changed after spending a week in Hong Kong it is now antiperspirant all over the face, eyelids included. Better living through chemistry!

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My new HG item has changed after spending a week in Hong Kong it is now antiperspirant all over the face, eyelids included. Better living through chemistry!
Really! Does it have any aluminum?

If Clinique ever stopped producing the Moisture Surge SPF 15 Lipstick in Brown Sugar, I would cry a river. It's the only nude lip color that looks good on me! The Artistry Light-Up Lip Gloss in Champagne also has a permanent spot in my makeup bag.

When I say HG I mean I have this product I use and I've stopped looking for anything else to replace it. 

Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent

Bulgari Omnia Cristalline

LUSH R&B hair treatment

Intuition Razors

ELF HD powder

Burberry lip mist in Copper

Mario Badescu Drying Cream

Grisi Sulfur soap

Any Shea Terra Whipped Shea Butter (I rotate scents)

L'Oreal Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyeliner (I've probably used this the longest. Many, many years.

These are all products I've purchased numerous times over and over.

Pur 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral powder in blush medium. So far it's my only HG item.  Athough I am quite fond Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara.

Really! Does it have any aluminum?
I'm wondering how it's done.  Envisioning stick deodorant being rubbed on my face . . . Maybe a spray?  Does that really work?  The ideas that we get here are definitely unique sometimes!  I hate it when my makeup sweats off but I don't know if I could use an antiperspirant on my eyelids.  I'd love to know if you're pulling our legs or if it is a new trend in Asia.  Can you imagine being the first person to try it?  I know some people have extreme problems with sweat, maybe it helps them.  I'm sure some of the beauty rituals we use all the time could cause other cultures to do a double take, too.  I love seeing what people do in the name of beauty all around the world.  Fascinating.

There are face-safe antiperspirant towelettes....

Crystal deodorants also can be used on the face and do help some folks from sweating through their makeup.

For all the ladies who listed the Naked Palette as a HG item, how do you use the Gunmetal shade?  I've had my palette for a year and use it pretty much every day, but I've used Gunmetal probably less than 5 times.  It just seems like a cool shade compared to all the warmer tones.  And I don't know how to combine it with the other shades in the palette.  

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For all the ladies who listed the Naked Palette as a HG item, how do you use the Gunmetal shade?  I've had my palette for a year and use it pretty much every day, but I've used Gunmetal probably less than 5 times.  It just seems like a cool shade compared to all the warmer tones.  And I don't know how to combine it with the other shades in the palette.  
 I love Gunmetal as an alternative to deepen my crease or outer v corner. That way it's kind of smokey but not straight black which can sometimes be intense. I really love using it underneath my lower lash line to create a slight smokey look there. It gives a hint of a sultry eye look without being too heavy and obvious.   

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Gunmetal as an alternative to deepen my crease or outer v corner. That way it's kind of smokey but not straight black which can sometimes be intense. I really love using it underneath my lower lash line to create a slight smokey look there. It gives a hint of a sultry eye look without being too heavy and obvious.   
Thanks!  I'll try that. 

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found this on youtube, and I freaking love this look for a friday or saturday night. Its one of the few times I use gunmetal and creep but I looove it: 

I've never watched any of her other videos, but this look is fabulous. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found this on youtube, and I freaking love this look for a friday or saturday night. Its one of the few times I use gunmetal and creep but I looove it: 
Just watched the video.  That's fabulous!  I'm going to try that out.  

Latest posts

Back