Homemade Skincare Recipes and Masks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lemon is 'ok' for the skin but it's extremely acidic and can irritate the skin. I don't agree with leaving it on but do rinse it off.

As for the 'silky leg' tip. It didn't make sense because you have to wash it off and then add lotion? Weird!

I should try the 'conditioner' tip. Kind of grosses me out though but I'll see if it works.

Thank you Sarah!

What are the recipes good for? whitening the skin, and making it smoother?...

Also, i have this recipe as well, that is for evening skin tone, it says that you have to dry out the skin of an orange, blend it to make some powder with it and mix it with milk. Should i mix it with regular milk or powder milk? What do you think? also, if you have any recipes for evening skin tone, it would be great if you could share as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It depends on what you're searchign for, but clay works well as a mask (usually a tablespoon is enough for your face and neck, you just mix it with a bit of water). For an eyecream, i am not of much help, i use my moisturizer :laughing:

I find the one for clogged pores really useful. How about sugar instead for the salt scrub?

Sugar is probably better than salt, because salt can dry out your skin.

For facial scrub i use some baking soda mixed with a bit of water, it's great.

Awesome! I always have my eye out for cheap & eco-friendly skin care. I will be trying the grape wrinkle treatment tonight (& every night until they are gone!)

Thanks!

APPLE MASK FOR NORMAL SKIN
1 Apple, cored & quartered
2 T Honey
Drop the apple pieces into a food processor and chop. Add honey and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pat the mixture onto your face with a light tapping motion, tapping until the honey feels tacky. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse.

CU***BER MASK FOR OILY SKIN
1/2 Cu***ber
1 Egg white
1 T Lemon juice
1 tsp mint
Puree everything and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm, then cool water.

STRAWBERRY DRAWING MASK
1/2 c Strawberries, very ripe
1/4 c Cornstarch
Mix strawberries and cornstarch together to make a paste and apply it to your face, avoiding the delicate area around your eyes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.

Honey Facial
* (warning - do not use this if you are allergic to eggs!)
tablespoon honey
1 egg yoke
1 teaspoon olive oil
Beat the egg yoke with a fork, add the oil and blend well. Add the honey using a spoon that you have rinsed with hot water and blend well again. Smear it all over your face with your fingers, except do not cover your eyes. Leave it on your face for 15 minutes, then rinse it off.

CITRUS FRESHNER
2 cups boiling water
1 vitamin C (a preservative)
Lemon peel (zest) from 2 lemons
Dissolve the vitamin in water. In a glass bowl put the lemon zest and pour the water over them. Let it sit over night. Remove the zest and put in a spray bottle. You can use any type of citrus peel.

BLEMISHED SKIN MASK
1 Tomato, ripe, chopped
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 T Instant style oatmeal or old-fashioned rolled oats
Blend everything until just combined. Apply to skin, making sure the mixture is thick enough to stay on blemished areas: cheeks, forehead, or chin. If necessary, add a bit more oatmeal to thicken the mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then scrub it off with a clean washcloth dipped in warm water.

Back